Author Topic: Staged Mission Editor and Arena Setup documentation  (Read 1118 times)

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
Staged Mission Editor and Arena Setup documentation
« on: November 05, 2016, 10:29:13 AM »
New version 5 posted in the staged mission forum.  This forum does not allow attachments.

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
Re: Staged Mission Editor and Arena Setup documentation
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 01:32:25 PM »
I was able to make three missions that worked today.  Found out my segments were way too long, too far apart so it took too long to get sight of enemy.  Fixed it by version three.

With two versus two, it seemed difficult enough to try to keep track of enemy.  Final mission was one versus one, same aircraft.  I did note that the enemy really wanted to ho initially. 

The enemy also seemed aggressive enough, although near the ground there was a tendency for them to crash into the ground.

Questions.

1.  What is "base experience points"?

2.  Is there a way to determine capability of the enemy, to either beef it up, or dumb it down?

3.  If I want more than one bad guy, is it possible to just have another aircraft take off every 3 to five minutes or so? 
Would that be a new flight with a delay in take off?

4.  Is there a way to score these flights, such as hit percentage?

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 05:04:46 PM »
I found the definition for base experience points below in the AHII mission editor help.  I will post a pdf of that help file in the staged mission forum since most of it is still applicable.  You can only have the enemy AI fight or not fight, you cannot control the AI skill level.  Yes, for a delayed entry of an AI go to the flight properties where you set the type of aircraft and set a roll delay for the second flight.  I don't know any way to keep track of hit percentage in custom arenas or offline.  I have noticed when you have AI on both sides, they seem to put priority on attacking the other AI planes before the player plane. 

Base Experience Points - This is the maximum number of experience points awarded to each participant for a completely successful mission. Based on the modifiers, less than successful missions will still award a fraction of the base experience points.

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 05:20:38 PM »
Thanks for the info  :aok