Author Topic: Training Terrain  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Pandemic

• Zinc Member
Training Terrain
« on: November 11, 2016, 04:27:54 PM »
I want to be able to take off at high altitude and practice high speed attack runs on the drones without having to climb to altitude.  I remember there used to be a terrain out there that was made for this.  Any help???

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Training Terrain
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 04:31:04 PM »
The training arena has air spawns. You can also load this map up off line for practice as well.

Offline Pandemic

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 02:50:16 PM »
Thanks for that link to the terrain above but I followed the instructions and I cannot get that terrain to work.  Doesn't even show up under the terrain list.  Checked it twice??

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 02:59:42 PM »
You can air spawn at A20-A23 on the Training Arena map.

Offline Pandemic

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 10:14:07 PM »
There are no drones there..

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 10:22:00 PM »
Didn't Ranger have one also for AH2?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 10:23:32 PM by 1ijac »
"One-Eye"

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 12:16:58 AM »
There are no drones there..

If you open the map offline, you will have the circling drones and can use the air-spawns mentioned.
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 09:20:41 AM »
I tried it yesterday and airspawned to the ground.   :O
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 11:45:49 AM »
Thanks for that link to the terrain above but I followed the instructions and I cannot get that terrain to work.  Doesn't even show up under the terrain list.  Checked it twice??

This is an offline only terrain......

1. - Did you login to the online arenas and go to the Player tab?
2. - Then hit the create button to get "gunnery" from the drop down list.
3. - Then hit create again which downloads that terrain to your ah3terr directory?
4. - Then when the custom arena logs you into it, go to the CM tools to shut it down so it is removed from the arena?

I just tested all of this procedure. The gunnery.res file updated to my ah3terr directory and the download of the zip file link is still active. It should be, I created all of this.

Hitech asked me to place the gunnery terrain in the HOST list for custom terrains to distribute it versus the self extracting zip I wanted to distribute to take care of creating the gunnery directory under the chconfig folder and then placing all the files where they are supposed to go.

Once you actually have the "gunnery.var" file in your ah3terr directory, and you download the zip file and follow the directions. You find the terrain at the splash screen where you select offline terrains. Those files from the zip file are what makes everything work as a gunnery terrain that you can shoot up everything with drones flying 800yds from your wirbel, effectively unlimited fuel, 10x ammo, maximum range icons and "air spawns" to chase drones.

zip file with the files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwrokXEXneUQSVFSSnBaM0pvTVk
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 03:48:24 PM »
I tried it yesterday and airspawned to the ground.   :O

The 30K air spawns are not currently working for fighters. I think a couple will work for bombers.

Details for HTC are on my todo list.