Author Topic: Questions to MakeAHMap users  (Read 2408 times)

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Questions to MakeAHMap users
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 06:42:24 AM »
Gotcha, thanks for the answer and I will go try it. :D
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 09:21:28 AM »
Quick quesiton, when I create brand new maps (Pearl, Wake41) with MakeAHMap and import the raw height it sets water depth to -100. The default in the AH3 Editor if I do a blank map is -200. Anyway to possibly change that so it is -200. Just asking because some people were taking frame rates hits over water and the only difference I have been able to find between water in the brand new maps versus the converted maps where I didn't import was -100 ft versus -200 ft for the water.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,383675.msg5104187.html#msg5104187
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 09:24:52 AM by ghostdancer »
CM Terrain Team

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 09:41:24 AM »
Hold off doing that change, just want to know if it is possible. I need to round up some test subjects first and do some tweaks and testing to see if that is the root cause or if it was something else.
CM Terrain Team

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 03:27:51 PM »
Hold off doing that change, just want to know if it is possible. I need to round up some test subjects first and do some tweaks and testing to see if that is the root cause or if it was something else.

Yes it is possible, and shouldn't be very hard.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 03:17:43 PM »
Ok I released version 1.6 that fixed major issue that prevented from the makeahmap downloading the DEM files.

Now I have 3 issues open:

https://github.com/artyom-beilis/makeahmap/issues.

I need to know what is more important at this point:

1. Improve globcover handling (as mentioned in there: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,383366.msg5101022.html#msg5101022)
2. Add support of E180/W180 area for Aleutians terrain

Also

It is till relevant or there is an issue with -100 feel water?

Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 03:37:59 PM »
I think issue 1 is more important. I would like the fix for Aleutians but truthfully that is the only terrain that is causing the issue.

I still need to gather up some people to do some testing on the terrain. I solved it crashing by moving the bases 15+ miles from the edge of the map. As for the frame rates not sure what is going on there since some had frame issues and others didn't. Also sort of read reports that frame issues were happening on other non SEA maps. So still in process of exploratory testing. But if it is an easy thing to change it from -100 to -200 ft I would say go for it.
CM Terrain Team