Author Topic: TrackIR/Tracler views and padlocks and chase view.  (Read 444 times)

Offline Rolland

• Zinc Member
TrackIR/Tracler views and padlocks and chase view.
« on: December 18, 2016, 10:54:03 AM »
First, just to start out these questions I do have TrackIR.

In the ONLINE  Arenas do the padlocks work? 
On the ground I like to use the chase view but it seems that is only good while on the ground. 
Point is that I am thinking that in the online arenas that padlocks don't work and chase is only working while on the ground.

It might be that padlocking works if I do Tracker off but I suspect that is not true.

So, just what is the situation? 
Race you to the Mucky Duck!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: TrackIR/Tracler views and padlocks and chase view.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 11:41:53 AM »
Fighters lose the outside view as soon as they leave the ground. It simulates the single view a pilot has by him self.

Buffs on the other hand maintain they outside view as this simulates the multiple positions of the gunners adding to the views.

Pad lock does work, but Im not sure if it is negated when you use the TrackIR. I never messed with padlock much as it severely hinders your SA. It is hard to have your "head on a swivel" as they say if your locked on to one plane.

Offline Rolland

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 11:55:18 AM »
I found you have to do 'tracker off' then you can do acquire a target (padlock central target) then to actually 'fix your eyes on the target' you have to 'Padlock Direction Mode'.

This is helpful when in close combat and you lose sight of the enemy.  But it soon becomes pointless in AH because if the target gets in a position that you could not see him even if you wanted to than AH loses the target.

So, for AH then I will just skip all this padlocking.  It might be useful for those with out some kind of track ir but other than that I think not some good.
Race you to the Mucky Duck!

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 01:36:01 PM »
I never liked padlock view even when I was using the hat for my views. Like Fugitive said it really hurts your SA. With trackir I don't think that there would be anything positive using padlock view.
If you're losing sight of the enemy in a close in fight then you have other issues. If you have started your online flying set up a time with a trainer, and we can get you started off in the right direction.   

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54