Author Topic: some stats (I'm bored, that's all)  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
some stats (I'm bored, that's all)
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2000, 08:36:00 AM »

The Hog is very vulnerable if caught with inferior E. Just ask Dingy, he handed me my head last night when his Pony jumped my Hog with just about a 3K advantage. Nice flying Dingy.

Thanks for the compliment Verm!  Means alot coming from you.  You are absolutely correct, the Hog is not any better or worse than any other plane when placed in an E deficit.  What makes me shy away from it is not the sheer numbers that fly it....its that miserable 6 view out back.  

Give it a week or two, and you won't see anymore -1C's than you do 190's and N1K2's. In fact, I bet you still see more N1K2's, since they appeal to the larger TnB crowd.

Umm...erm....well....

I've just recently started trying to master the Nik myself (a reformed P-51 jock)  .  Im really starting to like that plane!  Now that I'm beginning to learn how that plane manages its E, its starting to become a formidable weapon.

Wonder what plane I will fly next once I get bored of the Nik?   P-38 Perhaps? LOL

-Ding

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
some stats (I'm bored, that's all)
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2000, 09:55:00 AM »
F4U-1C? I fly it when looking for Buffs or vultching a CAP'd field.

Squads? Not for me, but I think the guys should fly whatever they want.

Nikki? It's a great plane, just a little slow against some of the other planes in the set. You have to let them bring the fight to you.

109's? Love 'em, but you can sure take a beating if you get caught by several fighters at once. 1 vs. 1 it's beautiful.