Author Topic: New VKB HOTAS news  (Read 9919 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Re: New VKB HOTAS news
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2017, 12:50:07 AM »
Some news about their new "Modern Combat Grip" they are making for the new Gunfighter base - they have 3 versions of that coming out, and one of them will fit on both the Warthog and the Cougar base.  Very cool...

VKB HQ shared with me that they’re planning to ship three versions of the Modern Combat Grip (MCG):

Modern Combat Grip – MCG (as already announced) – $99
        Features 22 programmable buttons
    Modern Combat Grip – MCG TM Edition (new!) – $130
        Directly compatible with TM Warthog ™ and TM Cougar ™ bases
        Features 23 programmable buttons
    Modern Combat Grip – MCG Pro (new!) – $140
        Analog brake design
        Folding trigger with contactless MaRS sensors
        Different hat designs included with different shapes to be customized by the user
        Features 27 programmable buttons

http://vkbcontrollers.com/?p=3705

If VKB can get production going after these early teething problems, and build enough stock to fulfill the coming demand,  the Gunfighter + associated parts/options, could really launch them into the top end of the higher end controller spectrum.  If they come up with a great new throttle too, they just might make some big waves.

It's great to read the above customer service stories - VKB had the Gunfighter delayed due to some legal/bureaucracy/whatever -   
This delay is the result of a single supplier who had to re-design the PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards), and these will still have to be FCC (Federal Communications Commission) and CE (Conformité Européene) certified. This overall process is what’s taking so long currently.

VKB offered a full refund to anyone that didn't want to wait another couple of weeks.

Also, when a significant number of people on their forums said they really wanted a pinky switch on the new Modern Grip - tada, VKB decided to add one.

Starting to impress.  I've always liked their pedals, the only VKB thing I have so far, but I have the GF on order and will be getting a couple of handles for it, and the throttle too.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 12:57:34 AM by Gman »

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2017, 08:42:03 AM »
I've pretty much decided that until the Rift comes down in price I'm going to be changing out my controllers first. Had my eye on the gunfighter but didn't like the 109 handle only because it lacked buttons. Too big a change going from the CH Fighterstick with tons of buttons to like a couple with a hat. This new MCG looks like the answer. The contactless sensors are really the reason to change more than anything else. I've recently upgraded my rudder pedals to MFG Crosswinds. Really nice.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline donnieboy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2017, 10:14:21 AM »
Def have my eye on the MCG to go on my Warthog base. I also have the VKB pedals and love them.  :aok

I hope we don't have to wait too long for the Rift to come down in price. Hopeing the resolution improves as well. Demo'd one at BB and it was awesome although a bit grainy...

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2017, 06:00:29 PM »
Anybody have experience with the TM Warthog stick adapter from VKB? I'm looking at getting the gunfighter base. My Warthog has horrible stiction and I don't have the skill or tools to fix it.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2017, 11:56:42 AM »
Gunfighter sticks start shipping today. Received email today.

Waiting for the MCG now. 

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2017, 10:32:40 AM »
Hey guys I'm looking at ordering either the VKB Mk.II or the Mk.II Pro, which one should I go with? My Saitek X45 is wearing out, and I'm having a lot of throttle control issues  :salute
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2017, 10:55:29 AM »
Anybody have experience with the TM Warthog stick adapter from VKB? I'm looking at getting the gunfighter base. My Warthog has horrible stiction and I don't have the skill or tools to fix it.

Mar, I don't have experience with the adapter yet, but as soon as I can afford the Gunfighter I will be getting one and the adapter too.
VKB has the installation instructions on the adapters page in pdf format. The Warthog stick does have to be partially disassembled, and the VKB components installed.

:salute
Sik

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2017, 11:35:15 AM »
You might consider the new offerings from Virpil.  They are scheduled to start shipping their joystick bases next month.  Also their grips do not use proprietary electronics, meaning they are directly swap-able with Warthog/Cougar bases.  Their desk mount brackets look interesting as well.

https://virpil.com/en/

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 11:36:52 AM by edge12674 »

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2017, 11:55:05 AM »
You might consider the new offerings from Virpil.  They are scheduled to start shipping their joystick bases next month.  Also their grips do not use proprietary electronics, meaning they are directly swap-able with Warthog/Cougar bases.  Their desk mount brackets look interesting as well.

https://virpil.com/en/

Hope this helps

Another interesting player in the high end joystick market. Thanks for the info.  :aok

Sik

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2017, 02:58:26 PM »
BRD makes some high end gear too, they only have a Russian site for sales, but you can google BRD and see some various sticks/pedals they've made.

http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=27

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2017, 07:04:58 PM »
That Modern Combat grip. I dig the features but thats one ugly stick! hehhehe

How has the quality control been with VKB products?
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2017, 11:21:27 AM »
Looks like you can't use that russian virpil without the fancy mount or installing it in a sim pit. Unless that block base weight ten lbs it would fall over.

Anyone have one yet?
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2017, 08:25:02 PM »
Looks like you can't use that russian virpil without the fancy mount or installing it in a sim pit. Unless that block base weight ten lbs it would fall over.

Anyone have one yet?

As far as I know the MongoosT-50 Flightstick hasn't been released yet. They do show the grip as being available, and it is compatible with a Warthog base.

I think I'm going to go with a Virpil when they become available, and I have the cash. When that happens I'll post an opinion.

Sik

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2017, 07:58:09 AM »
As far as I know the MongoosT-50 Flightstick hasn't been released yet. They do show the grip as being available, and it is compatible with a Warthog base.

I think I'm going to go with a Virpil when they become available, and I have the cash. When that happens I'll post an opinion.

Sik

Virpil has started shipping their grip and the reviews are pretty good so far.  Here is an unboxing video:

https://youtu.be/wlxFUXPD4OY

The Virpil appeared to address his one criticism quickly.  I might consider this giving this grip a try as well.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2017, 01:10:05 PM »
I watched the video.

If that stick is £25 i would buy one.

It looks cheap.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario