Author Topic: New VKB HOTAS news  (Read 9963 times)

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
Re: New VKB HOTAS news
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2017, 04:08:46 PM »
Looks like Strato (Jason from IL2/Rise of Flight) is done now, and a new North America VKB site is up.  Lots of new pics of upcoming gear.

http://vkbcontrollers.com/

The Gunfighter is going to be available in March.  Looks great, has a new gimbal with multiple springs that can be added/removed, and a new friction system for setting tension.  It has 2 models coming, one will have a panel and more controls/switches, and both will have a number of quick disconnect grips - the Warthog and Cougar will work with an included adapter already.  New Space, WW2, and various jet sticks are going to be made.  Their previous Black Mamba/etc sticks will fit as well.  Check out the pictures of the new stick/gimbal, they are NOT screwing around, very heavy duty looking, and if they are at all like their pedals I have, they'll be tanks.  Blade here on HTC has posted his various VKB sticks for further reference, just search in the hardware forum.

VKB-Sim Gunfighter

Next Generation All-Metal Gimbal
    Includes force-adjustable ‘dry clutches’
    32-bit ARM CPU
    Tunable Axes
    No Custom Drivers Required
    Save and Load Custom Profiles
    Upgrade Firmware via USB
    Works with ALL Flight-Simulators
    Built to Last
    Wide stance base plate include

Highlights:

Force-adjustable ‘dry clutches’ allow the user to adjust the friction of the stick, which results in a heavier “feel”, and – with enough friction applied, the stick will stay put wherever one lets go of it
    The new gimbal supports up to two springs per axis, which allows for a stiffer overall feeling during stick movement, especially when using an extension or a heavy grip
    New quick release for grip adapters, allowing the user to quickly switch between adapted grips (comes in handy once more VKB grips are available)

They are also making a throttle - finally, one of these custom HOTAS companies is doing a throttle.  NO pics yet, but there is info.

UNDER DEVELOPMENT

VKB Throttle Control System

Fully acmpatible with all VKB-Sim devices
    32-bit ARM CPU
    Tunable Axes
    No Custom Drivers Required
    Save and Load Custom Profiles
    Upgrade Firmware via USB
    Works with ALL Flight-Simulators
    Built to Last

I'm sorry but when I see a post like this, I get a little
leary... I sorta wonder, is this an ad or the real thing  :noid
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2017, 05:19:27 PM »
I'm sorry but when I see a post like this, I get a little
leary... I sorta wonder, is this an ad or the real thing  :noid

Real thing.  VKB is probably one of the top high end stick manufacturers out there now.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2017, 05:44:52 PM »
The first batch of the VBK Gunfighter sticks have shipped.  Reviews are starting to come in.  Between Virpil, VBK, and Baur, there are finally A LOT of high end alternatives to Thrustmaster, Seitek, and CH.  Both Virpil and VBK have also announced plans to release throttle quadrants.  :D

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2017, 06:42:50 PM »
Virpil is also planning to release a left handed version of their stick, which should be good news for those southpaws out there.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2017, 03:24:47 AM »
I got an email from VKB about my Gunfighter order, it hasn't arrived yet but it's shipped, however they advised me there is a small issue with 2 of the dust cover screws.  If anyone bought one, be sure to look into this, as 2 of the 6 screws on the top dust cover are 2mm too long, and will affect the X axis clutch, and put too much stress and tension on the nylon discs.  You can either back off the screws 1 to 2 turns from flush/tight, or purchase screws which are 2mm shorter until they fix the problem and send out replacement screws.  I've read that others who have received their sticks have added paper washers to the clutch/screw tension, and they are working well.

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2017, 03:11:02 PM »
Anybody have experience with the TM Warthog stick adapter from VKB? I'm looking at getting the gunfighter base. My Warthog has horrible stiction and I don't have the skill or tools to fix it.

I installed my warthog grip last night. It was fairly easy to install the adapter. Adjusting the clutches and cams was very easy also.  The hardest part about the whole process was figuring out the config software. It took a while to find the correct files for using the pedals and the stick through the black box. I got it finally.
I haven't had a chance to use it in game yet but I'll post a review when I get some time with them.
First impressions though is the stock grip seems very cheap and light along with the base plate. Definitely not built like the warthog, but the base seems like it has some quality to it.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2017, 03:26:52 PM »
Is the throw square like or is it circular like the warthog?
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2017, 06:11:31 PM »
I would say it's square. One cam controls pitch and one controls roll. With the stick pushed full forward there is nothing stopping it from moving full left or right.  I put 2 30 pound springs on each cam so as I reach the extremities it sort of feels round due to the spring pressure. I don't recall what the inside of the warthog looks like so I couldn't tell you the exact differences.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2017, 08:54:06 PM »
Gotcha. The Warthog isn't exactly circular but the corners are rounded off so much that I find it hard to tell if I'm getting the max that I can get from either axis.

Now if I ever manage to get my hands on a Gunfighter base I know who to ask questions about the software. :)
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old: