Author Topic: TIME TO KILL BUZZSAW!!!!  (Read 11381 times)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: TIME TO KILL BUZZSAW!!!!
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2017, 10:53:56 AM »
That's like saying I should quit dating hot chicks and expand my horizons to dating water buffalo. GV's and bombers are for those who can't hack a fighter.

Stale and boring fighters for me please.

Not even close. Never said to get in GVs and bombers. Just said to change your playing style. For me I started messing with bombers and GVs more, but can easily have fun in fighters on Buzzsaw.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2017, 12:16:27 PM »
Plain and simple, why do most people not like Buzzsaw? Because it makes them change their playing style. It forces them out of their comfort zone. It challenges them to be successful. I love a good dogfight as much as the next guy, but I don't want to fight at 20K with possible puffy ack. Does that mean that Buzzsaw is a bad map, no. Does it mean I have to change my tactics, yes. Instead of whining about it, not you per say, I have to adapt to the map/terrain to become successful. I have almost no problems finding fights of all kinds when I'm on. I just had a fight on Buzzsaw with only 25 people in the arena with no problems. The problem isn't the map, it's the players not wanting to adapt and overcome.
Your last sentence is where we are in disagreement. I don't disagree that you do end up getting some good fights but comparable to other maps it's just not as often....which isn't a good thing or a fault of the player base...what's the common problem, the map...you can't point it to one type of player because I've seen tankers, win the war buff pilots, fighters and everything in between saying they don't like it. By your view, we are all just all not playing the game it is meant to be played...that's the simple version of it.

It's only stale and boring if your stuck on your way of playing the game.  :rolleyes:  :D
Or when there is no gameplay...aka no.player on player interaction...which you find often on this map.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2017, 12:26:05 PM »
It's only stale and boring if your stuck on your way of playing the game.  :rolleyes:  :D

True, because being constantly harassed by puffy ack sure isn't stale AND boring, it's merely boring (unenjoyable).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 12:28:51 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2017, 12:27:51 PM »
That's like saying I should quit dating hot chicks and expand my horizons to dating water buffalo. GV's and bombers are for those who can't hack a fighter.

Stale and boring fighters for me please.

:rofl
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2017, 02:28:32 PM »
I think you hate it because it's a GV friendly map.....that can get to a Strat. By all means don't break up the Furball.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2017, 02:47:50 PM »
I think you hate it because it's a GV friendly map.....that can get to a Strat. By all means don't break up the Furball.

Aces HIGH not Tanks Low

And why not have a map that does both?
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2017, 04:02:19 PM »
this surprises me because I figured you would appreciate the fact that the strats being so close to the front make the strategic game in a milk runners paradise instead of an actual strategic mission...guess I got you guys all wrong...carry on.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2017, 05:52:53 AM »
Some of the best valley furbals have happened on buzsaw.  Huge fun in a P-38.

How a new map will play out is  as much of a guess to the designer as choosing a winning lottery number.

I would have thought there would be more classic task force battles on buzsaw. 

With just a little modification Buzsaw could be one of the best maps in the game.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2017, 06:43:49 AM »
After last night this thread is worthy of being at the top again.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2017, 07:48:42 AM »
Yup, worst. Map. Ever.

Logged on last evening at 7:00 est. 95 players on, was a bit shocked. Then I entered the arena and said, ohh that's why, it's the Buzzsaw map. No big dar bars anywhere. The middle had tiny dars. Didn't see a lot of action on the map at all. I didn't even roll because I knew it would take 30 minutes to get a couple of kills and/or I'd just run into 25K 190D and BnZ planes, which just isn't that exciting. This map doesn't promote fights on the outside of the map, and the middle promotes BnZ pick and run fights. The over all map idea is cool, but the base layout needs to be changed and be more symmetrical.

I truely hope you will consider removing or remodeling it.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2017, 08:31:38 AM »
On the plus side busters new map is cool.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2017, 09:46:06 AM »
While its not my favorite map, its not that bad.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2017, 01:24:30 AM »
Played this map yesternight. It is indeed aweful.
I mean, 9.0k base right next to a 0.2k base? really?  :bhead

It takes a typical 3 minutes to climb to the takeoff altitude of the base next door. They can literallt BnZ you by dropping on your head from the edge of their runway. If you are fighting on the deck next to the lower base, it is quicker for your opponent to bail and roll a new plane on your head, than it is for him to extend and climb till he gains the advantage.

The map is ugly too.

Please remove it and put more of that new bustr map on rotation - or anything really. Even that old humongous map I forgot its name (good riddence also) known as "the battle for V85" was better.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2017, 07:08:59 AM »
They added high mountain ridges so bombers could not fly straight to task groups.

I still think this map is saveable.  Lower the bases.  Fix or harden the strats so the map does not start with no strats or near no strats after the first few minutes.

One interesting change would be eliminating all high bases.  Add more ports and make it near 100% navel battles.  Maybe add some PT boat ports.  Maybe a few huge shore batteries(Think guns of navaron)  Torpedo runs, battle ship to battle ship battles, CV plane to CV plane battles.  Could be a really cool map.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2017, 12:10:41 PM »
It is salvageable but the complaints listed need addressing, particularly strat hardness. 

I was pulling so hard for the Bishops to win last night to put us out of our collective misery. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned