Author Topic: More info in the corner/Selected weapon improvements  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Re: More info in the corner/Selected weapon improvements
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2020, 10:50:11 PM »
I notice this is a problem with the new P-38 makeover.  The ordnance selection is under the pilots arm, so even if you look down you cant see what you have selected. 

Turn off the pilot.  Then you see just the panel.  You still have to look down and forward, but it is easier without the pilot's arm there. 
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2020, 11:28:50 PM »
Turn off the pilot.  Then you see just the panel.  You still have to look down and forward, but it is easier without the pilot's arm there.

Is this an actual option available to us?

edit: found it under graphic options, disable pilot mesh.  I'll have to give the P38 another try then, its still rather far out of the way, I miss having ords/ammo in frontal view.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 11:30:27 PM by haggerty »
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2020, 10:22:43 AM »
Is this an actual option available to us?

edit: found it under graphic options, disable pilot mesh.  I'll have to give the P38 another try then, its still rather far out of the way, I miss having ords/ammo in frontal view.

I miss it too.  But pressing zero and eight together on the numeric keypad looks down and forward, and I can see it that way.  I am looking for a way to make that a single button, without messing up the views I already have set up.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2020, 12:50:37 PM »
In the p38 the gear down lights are really tough to see even with pilot mesh disabled

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2020, 01:16:35 PM »
I notice this is a problem with the new P-38 makeover.  The ordnance selection is under the pilots arm, so even if you look down you cant see what you have selected.  You have to get creative with views, or we could just have a HUD indicator to simulate us looking at our selection.

Adjust your views.  I have no troubles reading the ordnance selection in the P-38.  You can disable the pilot mesh option for a better internal cockpit view.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2020, 10:19:49 AM »
You can also use the "Analog View Move" controller function to look around the yoke.  I have the small joystick on the CH Pro Throttle set to move the view up/down and left/right.  Also helps to see the ammo counter in the FM2.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2020, 11:32:38 AM »
Adjust your views.  I have no troubles reading the ordnance selection in the P-38.  You can disable the pilot mesh option for a better internal cockpit view.

Are you in VR? I have to move the yoke away and peer over it to see the lights. Maybe it was a poor design in real life :)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2020, 08:19:06 PM »
Are you in VR? I have to move the yoke away and peer over it to see the lights. Maybe it was a poor design in real life :)

Just move your seat all the way to the back and you'll be able to see the ordnance counter/display on the control stick column.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2020, 10:13:36 PM »
Just move your seat all the way to the back and you'll be able to see the ordnance counter/display on the control stick column.
I meant the gear down lights

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2020, 11:25:06 PM »
Its one thing to be able to adjust views as veterans, but new people should be able to see things a little easier.  The reviews already complain about 80's GUI to navigate the game, the default views should easily show these things if they wont be on a HUD.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2020, 09:53:35 AM »
Its one thing to be able to adjust views as veterans, but new people should be able to see things a little easier.  The reviews already complain about 80's GUI to navigate the game, the default views should easily show these things if they wont be on a HUD.

I think that is one of the biggest problems with this game when it comes to drawing in new players. How far do you go to make it "easy" for the new player?

Many of the people playing those other flight games say the UI is old, made for kids, is not a proper sim, and so wont bother trying to fly here. On the other hand we have issues where setting up views because the default may not be optimil as it is may be chasing away new players. I think its a tight line to walk.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2020, 06:11:48 PM »

Actually, this is pretty close to what I did.  I changed the field of view. I found that a field of view of 95-100 degrees makes a whole lot of difference.

Go to Options > Graphic Detail > Custom Field of View.  By adjusting it, you can see more of the instruments, and more of the sky in front of you.  I had forgotten about this option.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2020, 08:47:21 AM »

Not so much poor design.  In real life, the pilot can lean slightly forward or side to side to see around the yoke.  More of a 2D game restriction.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2020, 12:04:30 PM »
Not so much poor design.  In real life, the pilot can lean slightly forward or side to side to see around the yoke.  More of a 2D game restriction.

Harumph.... shouldn't you be working on the next installment?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)