Author Topic: Forum issue  (Read 505 times)

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Forum issue
« on: March 10, 2017, 12:12:17 PM »
Trying to post youtube vid results in no video shown and .swf file downloaded to your system.  Win 10, Chrome

Dobs
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Forum issue
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 05:18:06 PM »
Its not an issue with the forum, it's a problem with your browser. I have the same problem with my comp at work.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,385732.0.html
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 12:10:08 AM »
Happens to me as well with Safari.

It might be a browser issue but it is something that started recently so I think it is forum related.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 05:52:26 AM »
I can fix it by removing the Youtube plugin from the forums.  That seems to be the only solution.  Chrome is getting rid of Flash support so they are warning people whenever anything Flash based is wanting to be played.

As Youtube was flash based, for a million years, all the plugins had to deal with it.

It is a browser issue (Chrome, specifically), but it seems the only way to deal with it is to remove that plugin.  I hate how we always have to capitulate to Google.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:55:49 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com