Author Topic: Question  (Read 5937 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Question
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 02:14:12 PM »
This is really easy folks. The audio files used as a source is mono. You set your system according to your particular speaker arrangement and everything will come out as expected. I think hitech just said that.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 05:16:27 PM »
How do you set the sounds from mono to stereo or vice-versa?

In my computer sound settings I have my speaker setup as stereo..... I dont think it has a mono setting. However in the game there is a setting to go mono, stereo, and a number of other choices.

I just wanted to be sure setting the game "speakers" to stereo is the best way to go OVER mono.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 06:14:04 AM »
In my computer sound settings I have my speaker setup as stereo..... I dont think it has a mono setting. However in the game there is a setting to go mono, stereo, and a number of other choices.

I just wanted to be sure setting the game "speakers" to stereo is the best way to go OVER mono.

You set the operating system to match the speaker configuration or it will not sound right.  If it is a two speaker configuration, then set it to a two speaker configuration.

Just make sure there is no post processing of the audio.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 04:44:19 PM »
Wezel,

I found using a sound card (inexpensive one at 40 dollars, ie. Soundblaster) is much more accurate than the sound chip on my current motherboard.
Now, when I move the turret around I get a very accurate position on any moving gv. I plugged my headset directly into the sound card, and not the usb port on my computer.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 07:22:05 PM »
Wezel,

I found using a sound card (inexpensive one at 40 dollars, ie. Soundblaster) is much more accurate than the sound chip on my current motherboard.
Now, when I move the turret around I get a very accurate position on any moving gv. I plugged my headset directly into the sound card, and not the usb port on my computer.

Thanks for the input Mano  :salute  I have a sound card, sound blaster Z had it a few years now, great sound 3.5 jacks,  no USB.  What bugs me the most is the spawn in and tower, no sound of the shot just tower that's at the top of my sound Issues with the GV's.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 08:53:12 PM »
Wezel,

Do you know which model sound blaster card you have? Possibly this one?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 06:17:31 AM »

Thanks for the input Mano  :salute  I have a sound card, sound blaster Z had it a few years now, great sound 3.5 jacks,  no USB.  What bugs me the most is the spawn in and tower, no sound of the shot just tower that's at the top of my sound Issues with the GV's.

Details?  I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 07:09:34 PM »

Skuzzy, there are times when you are shot in a gv, and you never hear the sound of the cannon firing, you just all of a sudden end up in the tower.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2018, 07:29:07 PM »
Skuzzy, there are times when you are shot in a gv, and you never hear the sound of the cannon firing, you just all of a sudden end up in the tower.

Which makes sense if the projectile is faster than the speed of sound.  If you've ever had bullets coming your way you hear the bullet whizzing past before you hear the rifle shot.

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2018, 09:24:57 PM »
Which makes sense if the projectile is faster than the speed of sound.  If you've ever had bullets coming your way you hear the bullet whizzing past before you hear the rifle shot.

Yes I understand that, it just does not make for good game play, trying to bust a spawn camp is no fun when you cant tell the direction of the shooter.

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2018, 09:35:15 PM »

Say there is a camper parked at a spawn, you spawn in and never hear the shot just end up in the tower, you cant fight back because you have no clue on where the camper might be. This also happens when driving around on the way to town or a base, if the red guy is shut down, no shot heard just back to the tower. AH 2 sounds were much better for the GV side of the game, don't get me wrong the sounds in AH3 are way cool to listen too, but make it very frustrating to most of the GV guys.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 06:19:47 AM »

The sound system is, for better or worse, crazy accurate now.  Sound does travel at the speed of sound.  A round traveling faster than that may not be heard before you explode.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2018, 08:04:49 AM »
The sound system is, for better or worse, crazy accurate now.  Sound does travel at the speed of sound.  A round traveling faster than that may not be heard before you explode.

I thought that a GV spawning in got there a second or so BEFORE the enemy GV "saw" the vehicle spawn in. Wouldn't that visual lag be enough time for the spawnie to hear the shot from the killer? Or is the lag no longer used on the spawning vehicle?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 09:33:14 AM »
There is no artificial lag I am aware of.  There certainly will be some lag due to propagation delays.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2018, 10:21:32 AM »
There is no artificial lag I am aware of.  There certainly will be some lag due to propagation delays.

Hitech said this....

"At one time I thought about changing it so that a spawn would occur instantly. And then decided I like the variable spawn time when it came to vehicle camping. Gave the spawner a change to kill the attacker."

HERE