Author Topic: AHIII Flight Changes  (Read 2468 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
AHIII Flight Changes
« on: April 10, 2017, 04:07:15 AM »
I didn't have more than a couple of hours (yet) to play with AHIII, but before I go back to my AHII R&D flying on my old Macbook, I wanted to just check a couple of things. I tested my favourite planes and could find no difference in the flightmodelling. Felt incredibly the same in fact. I heard the engine restart sequence was changed in AHIII but I couldn't tell any difference myself. If the prop was still spinning it restarted immediately and with prop stopped several seconds but I think it did that before. Have I missed something?

Also I heard the WEP had been remoddeled. I briefly flew a few sorties in my favourite: the Ki-84 and the WEP seemed as before. Am I to understand there comes a point where it completely runs out and is only available again after refuelling?

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: AHIII Flight Changes
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 05:27:36 AM »
Yes, you're understanding correctly that WEP will eventually run out over a period of time/uses

As for the WEP possibly being renewed after rearming/fueling, I'm not sure.... least I don't recall it renewing itself in the spitfire I , in. FSO this past Friday night when I had landed and reloaded...

There was a thread about this AH III WEP times posted in the aircraft and vehicles forum not to long ago, I even think hitech posted a list breaking down every planes total amount of WEP times, or something to that effect....

BTW- I been watching your other thread about how IAS/TAS is modeled in the game and if the pitot tub is functionally modeled... when I get to my computer, I'll try and give you a more detailed answer... I've just been waiting to see if anyone else would come along and do it..

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 05:37:15 AM »
People have popped up and claimed that some of the planes flight modeling has changed in AH3, but from what I know, nothing has...

At the first couple of flights it might seem like it, but I attribute it to now the engine sounds among other new effects seem to be more realistic, which subconsciously makes a player think that it has changed the flight modeling....best way I can describe it...

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 08:24:08 AM »
None of the flight models have changed.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 08:31:40 AM »
There was a thread about this AH III WEP times posted in the aircraft and vehicles forum not to long ago, I even think hitech posted a list breaking down every planes total amount of WEP times, or something to that effect....

This is his original post: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,383002.msg5097338.html#msg5097338

I converted the numbers into minutes for the fighters:

Ti = Time (max time for continuous WEP)
Cd = CoolDown (recharge time)
Tot = Total WEP time. After using that up, no more WEP. Rearming doesn not recharge it. Also, if you disco and reconnect, all your (remaining) WEP allowance is gone, too.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 09:50:02 AM »
Thanks for that and posting a link to that thread, Lusche

<§>

TC

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 11:18:02 AM »
None of the flight models have changed.

I seem to remember a heated argument (which I may or may not have taken part in  :rofl) which did not resolve whether WEP and engine restart was considered flight model-related?

I'm only asking because it makes little sense to practice in AHII if it's not transfereable  :salute

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 12:52:39 PM »
This is his original post: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,383002.msg5097338.html#msg5097338

(Image removed from quote.)

Tot = Total WEP time. After using that up, no more WEP. Rearming doesn not recharge it. Also, if you disco and reconnect, all your (remaining) WEP allowance is gone, too.

The P-40E doesn't have WEP.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 01:46:46 PM »
The P-40E doesn't have WEP.

Because Tot=0 :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 07:02:09 PM »
If there are no F M changes then why does my nose bounce all over the place when lining up a shot? I have scaling set to the same as AH II, AKAK's scaling. I can't hit chit!!!   :angry:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 07:59:32 PM by MajWoody »
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 07:49:40 PM »
If there are no F M changes then why does my nose bounce all over the place when lining up a shot? I have scaling set to the same as AH II. I can't hit chit!!!   :angry:

How are you trimmed?

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 07:56:37 PM »
Been turning CT on and then back off.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 09:13:41 PM »
Try turning CT off when you're going fast and leave it off until the fight is over.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 11:17:06 PM »
Thanks FLS. I went to the TA and worked with Morf on it and got things much more stable. Also he helped me get started on knocking off several years of rust.  :salute

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 03:13:00 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Thank you for doing that Lusche. Having had a few minutes to examine that chart, while I can understand a use / recharge cycle modelling temperature issues, I really don't understand the allocation of the total times at all. Was the introduction of 'total time' intended to be some kind of handicapping system to balance the planeset does anyone know?

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0