Author Topic: rifts non clarity  (Read 2827 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: rifts non clarity
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2017, 07:27:39 PM »
Yeah, hard to use the sights on 37mm. I sighted mine in then CNT F5ed the tracker. Gets a dizzying effect as your views just move when sights do, but its accurate that way!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2017, 12:41:12 AM »
argh

so tonight I removed all AA period, none. turned off all post process effects and filters in nvidia. Ran the super sample up to 1.5.

One of my biggest issues is all the buzzing eye movement you see. Besides the refresh rate flicker, the AA would pour fuel into that fire by causing rapid ocillating....... Killing all AA, anistrophy, sampling, all, helped steady the scene.

What this leaves is the game settings themselves.
disabled most things but bloom, lens flare, starburst.
sliders- details 80%, objects 80%, trees 50% detail range 50%

Will not maintain 90F/s but it did not drop much, 60, and only in a crowd. I did not run the HUD tool to see how many frames were dropped. Earlier tests would put my performance headroom in the basement so I had stopped at SS 1.3 and played with AA. Mistake, no AA is key for moi. Dam flickering was killing my eyes.

Seems that the SS method is the only good method for getting a good image, but from what I have read 1.5 is the max you can run without system choke, and thats a 1080ti.
I have read where sli can be used to dedicate a card per eye to help with the load but I believe this is no good for AH.

ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2017, 05:58:03 AM »
If you have a SLI setup, you can use a AA setting of SLI 8 or 16.  This uses the second card to process AA only as I understand it.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2017, 04:36:37 PM »
Yes, eye strain is a big thing in VR. Using some of the tips on AA and such, I have mine set as good as I can get...so far. Made it 3 plus hours last night, before a break for some Eye drops :t Think most of the eye strain is because I am not moving my eyes normally? Seems like that is what is going on, heck may not be blinking lol. With monitor I was never focused on the screen for that length of time without looking some where else. Getting use to it, bit by bit :old:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2017, 03:38:28 PM »
If you want to use MFAA and you have an SLI setup, you must turn off SLI before the MFAA option shows up in the nividia control panel settings.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2017, 04:05:40 PM »
 :aok I finally got mine set up to MY liking :D Biggest effect for me was in changing the "color Palette" with hue slider in Color scheme. I went 360 change, well almost. Went from 0-7 range to 357 degrees. It changed the yellowish (which turn to BRIGHT whiteish in sun) to more of an orange hue. That took a lot of the glare off objects and really made detail and colors POP :cheers:

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2017, 04:32:25 PM »
This will be my first try with the MFAA on.  Will try the color change after that.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2017, 08:22:29 AM »
Does someone want to post their nVidia control panel settings for ALL of them? Just curious what people are using.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2017, 01:26:39 PM »
Does someone want to post their nVidia control panel settings for ALL of them? Just curious what people are using.

Right now most are using the MFAA turned on, the power management set to maximum.  The rest of the setting are default.  In the game turn off  AA.  This gives you the best clarity.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2017, 11:49:33 PM »
 :aok Yup, aa off in game. I went and changed my color in in NVidia control as well. Set the hue slider on 357 instead of 0. It helped me out a lot. Changed the bright yellows to more orange. Easier on my eyes. I have MS and Optic Neuritis is my big problem so bright reflections can really fatigue my eyes. It made some of the details pop abit more as well, wasn't as drab and greyed out. Also, as far as I know-at least I haven't seen to the contrary- the changes in Nvidia control panel ARE port sensitive. Meaning you set with display as usual but then plug Oculus connector into THAT display port changes were made on! Then replug display to other ports. That's how my setup is! Like I said ,I haven't heard to the contrary.

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2017, 09:19:08 AM »
I too found running the hue slider to other end better??????????? same setting..........

I took to turning off MFAA as well. It bothers my eyes to have things shimming around. All the AA, no matter causes this. So I have pretty much disabled everything in NVidia profiles. The max I can run the SS is about 1.3 or 1.2 and still not drop massive frames, I want to see the hits and I do not with SS higher.

I 'm sorry but VR SUX. The HMD's are not close to being ready for games. The HMD manufacturers are ridiculous if they think they have a good product. The game writers, AH, need to re-color their skins and maps to work better with the defieciencies of the display, not gonna happen. I made a post about this, ignored.

The screen door effect destroys all other gains created by VR. Its hard to see except very close in, causes too much eye strain. I am so disappointed that I feel like quitting entirely.

I stopped flying again, maps keep going to darktimes, just cannot see. TBH I do not feel like flying with a monitor, I so was waiting for a good VR experience. I got handed a cup of cool aid.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:22:06 AM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2017, 02:49:54 PM »

. . .I took to turning off MFAA as well. It bothers my eyes to have things shimming around. All the AA, no matter causes this. So I have pretty much disabled everything in NVidia profiles. The max I can run the SS is about 1.3 or 1.2 and still not drop massive frames, I want to see the hits and I do not with SS higher. . .

I quite using the SS from the tools.  I think MFAA of and everything default gives a near AH3 quality view with exception of text like on the gauges.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:02:38 PM by Randy1 »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2017, 03:26:33 AM »
I quite using the SS from the tools.  I think MFAA of and everything default gives a near AH3 quality view with exception of text like on the gauges.
I concur! I went that direction myself, with the same observation. Except for the cockpit gauges and the "God rays" (think that's the term) from the white of gauges, that setting is pretty close to perfect as you can get. May want to adjust your color palette a bit as well. I found that 357 on the slider had same effect as Sweetfx had in AH2. I believe that this setting also disguises your brain into thinking it is much clearer, since the colors seem to be more natural looking.