Author Topic: Why doesn't HiTech invest in marketing?  (Read 6068 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: Why doesn't HiTech invest in marketing?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2017, 12:41:58 PM »
Player population isn't big enough to need steam either as far as downloading new patches and such....thats why counter strike needed to go to steam.
plenty of dead games on Steam ;)
+1

I'm not sure Steam is the way forward either. But getting the word out there is important - the question is, what is the most effective way to market a product that is 'very' niche?  Do we put an iPhone app out that is a simple client and allows players to fly via their tablet or smartphone? Or maybe is a wiki for Aces High that give players access to the historical reports, aircraft data...maybe a combo of Gonzo's charts and Aces High Wiki?... Just had an idea....
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2017, 12:53:51 PM »
Whatever HTC's plans are, it bears repeating what someone in this thread has already pointed out:  Since the advent of smartphones, social media/mobile social platforms, etc., people do appear to share or consume information, and make purchasing decisions with input from or via those platforms.  This is a different landscape than it was just 10-12 years ago.  Check out these figures showing social network advertising spending since 2013.  Over time, and other factors being constant, this growth will probably continue.

FWIW,
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2017, 02:33:36 PM »
You should see us again on TV adds very shortly.

HiTech
I'll resubscribe if that's the case. Hope it pays off big for you. Any chance you will put together a small team in the future to travel to airshows and demo the game under a tent?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2017, 02:34:32 PM »
I'll resubscribe if that's the case. Hope it pays off big for you. Any chance you will put together a small team in the future to travel to airshows and demo the game under a tent?

Gun shows, too.  Similar demo. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2017, 02:42:58 PM »
Gun shows, too.  Similar demo.

No, been there done that , is not cost effective.

HiTech

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2017, 03:01:10 PM »

HiTech
it takes a talented individual with a proper understanding of the product and how that kind of marketing works to pull it off. Interest has to be generated whether its a few awesome signs or a few tvs set up showing game film constantly. I used to work car shows with my dad years back selling auto lifts to private buyers. Leads and prospects dont just fall out of the sky by setting up a tent and computer. I sell and market for living in construction. Trust me all you need is the right person to make it work. :cheers:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2017, 03:38:39 PM »

HiTech

Oh, well that sucks.  :(

I did it to recruit students for a flight school.   We used a computer sim to hook them.  Worked great but I guess it's a different market.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2017, 03:51:47 PM »

HiTech

Im curious when you did this? In 07-07 when things were good, or just after the bubble burst? Or maybe back in the day in the first few years out of the box?

Different times could have caused different issues with the idea.

I still think a social media blitz would help. And like the german blitz in the old days a few tanks taking a few shots isn't going to do it. Those of you on FB know you cant seem to log on and NOT see a post by George Takei, hes all over FB. Thats the kind of coverage HTC needs.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2017, 04:31:54 PM »
Ashame this is not an option it is one of the countries Largest World War 2 weekends, I try and go every year and would even be willing to sit in a booth if we had a trailer type set up

http://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2017, 04:49:19 PM »
You should see us again on TV adds very shortly.

HiTech

Yay!!!
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2017, 06:07:04 PM »
Kind of wondered if Hitech was having the same problem during the previous 8 years that many businesses were having just staying alive in a government driven negative business climate. In the current climate people will start having more money to spend along with business picking up and hiring more people. Good time to start advertising as people begin to feel hopeful again for the future.

I guess the game will need the new terrain I'm working on after all. Need new for new people. AH3 makes more sense now after all those years doing that testing.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2017, 06:12:53 PM »
Ashame this is not an option it is one of the countries Largest World War 2 weekends, I try and go every year and would even be willing to sit in a booth if we had a trailer type set up

http://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html

I have been to this one a few times as well. Met many a player there. Fun time a perfect place to drum up some business

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2017, 06:38:40 PM »
Player population isn't big enough to need steam either as far as downloading new patches and such....thats why counter strike needed to go to steam.

Huh? Valve owns both Steam and CS. Why wouldn't they put their own game on their own distribution platform?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2017, 06:53:27 PM »
I have been to this one a few times as well. Met many a player there. Fun time a perfect place to drum up some business

As an aside, the Chino Planes of Fame show (5/5/17 - 5/6/17) also gets a lot of visitors. 

However, this year the show is in danger of being stopped due to a pending lawsuit.  I've been to this show several times, so I understand the plaintiff's position, but I still hope they can work something so that the show goes on. Here's a news report on the case.
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-