Author Topic: Why doesn't HiTech invest in marketing?  (Read 6144 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Why doesn't HiTech invest in marketing?
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2017, 08:02:21 AM »
I can almost for certain say that the other games your kids are playing have people 100X worse.....AH is very mello as far as toxic players go.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2017, 10:48:59 AM »
I can almost for certain say that the other games your kids are playing have people 100X worse.....AH is very mello as far as toxic players go.

Can confirm....   Worst I've got was into a "bruh" war on 200 with a few players, which I'm learning is partly history from of my squad more than anything, but even the "enemies" will salute you if deservedly so.   

AND... I don't hear profanity directed at anyone, more towards the heavens, and the odd Head-On shot that aggravates even the calmest players.  But my mother has never been brought into the discussion as with every game on the classic Xbox/PS.....

You know the type.....

"I yell louder and with more profanity than you therefor I win!:" - signed: Every under 25 player console player ever.....   :bolt:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2017, 11:23:23 AM »
Under 25??? Plenty of 30 year olds saying racial slurs and calling people insane profanity on console and computer games....heck just the other day I heard a "lets kill these fa##ots" out of a 40+ year old on Aces High....You all got to stop thinking your age makes you all saints on the online community because your peers are proving that wrong daily.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2017, 12:09:57 PM »
So having a 15 year old gaming son...here is his perspective.

BORING..... Climb for 10 minutes to dive down and fight a guy who reverses on you and kills you like that. He would roll capped fields because it was instant action and he didn't care if he died...he just wanted the fight.
In a "3 2 1...FIGHTS ON" world of first person shooters, with instant respawn, and a "timed game"....our world is a bit "ho hum" in terms of action.  They want it...and they want it NOW!! 

Toss in the beating they take learning, and you have a "non-player".

Funny thing is my son was a helluva shot....it wasn't that he didn't like it...he just enjoyed other games more.

Quite honestly this is a niche game, it's not going to appeal to the masses and it would be a waste to prioritize the marketing to appeal to the masses instead of focused marketing the the game's demographics.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2017, 12:15:20 PM »
Junky,

You need to let it go. If you run around trying to show as many people as possible older guys are dorks and pull their pants down in public to get even with them over something only you have any clue about. One day you will be an older guy who never caught up with himself and became an older man. You can waste your life trying to punish older dorks who never caught up with themselves and it won't affect anyone or anything but yourself in the end.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2017, 12:22:38 PM »
Junky,

You need to let it go. If you run around trying to show as many people as possible older guys are dorks and pull their pants down in public to get even with them over something only you have any clue about. One day you will be an older guy who never caught up with himself and became an older man. You can waste your life trying to punish older dorks who never caught up with themselves and it won't affect anyone or anything but yourself in the end.
Bustr you need to go back and look at how many comments there was about console gamers, 25 and under, and xbox generation people then come back to talk to me.....chasing off a younger base is a lot worse for HTC's business then me saying YOU GUYS ARE STUPID for saying they are bad for the game.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2017, 12:27:29 PM »
Under 25??? Plenty of 30 year olds saying racial slurs and calling people insane profanity on console and computer games....heck just the other day I heard a "lets kill these fa##ots" out of a 40+ year old on Aces High....You all got to stop thinking your age makes you all saints on the online community because your peers are proving that wrong daily.

I'm pretty sure Waystin is the one to determine what he wants to allow on your squad channel.

:devil
Wag more, bark less.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2017, 12:48:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure Waystin is the one to determine what he wants to allow on your squad channel.

:devil
18 or older with a mic are welcome to ask to come on squad channel....I was 18 when I joined POTW and we had a 15 and 17 year old on the team before me....both were highly liked by the entire squad.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2017, 03:14:03 PM »

Umm ok. being a "younger" player here I simply commented on my experience with other games... Dang this is an old farts game... How many ways can you say, "Get off my lawn!"...  I get nastier responses on this BBS than I do in game. I'm sorry your experience has been less than... tasteful....

My comment was that this community is MUCH MORE MATURE than what is experienced on "popular" games and their environments.... 

Quote from: Dobs on Yesterday at 08:58:14 PM

BORING..... <--- Yup. He's not wrong.... :confused:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2017, 04:02:11 PM »
Umm ok. being a "younger" player here I simply commented on my experience with other games... Dang this is an old farts game... How many ways can you say, "Get off my lawn!"...  I get nastier responses on this BBS than I do in game. I'm sorry your experience has been less than... tasteful....

My comment was that this community is MUCH MORE MATURE than what is experienced on "popular" games and their environments.... 

Quote from: Dobs on Yesterday at 08:58:14 PM

BORING..... <--- Yup. He's not wrong.... :confused:

New blood young and old is always appreciated by most here. The folks who stay are usually the ones that share a great interest in the time frame of WWII.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2017, 07:46:50 PM »
I too came from an ad on the History channel.  I don't play anymore but I still lurk in the BBS.   I really miss this game sometimes.  I guess I just left because I didn't see any growth in players and lost interest.  Marketing is everything for a game's survival.
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2017, 04:54:08 AM »
It wasn't just the PMs and derogatory comments that drove him away. It was the combination of the learning curve and the derogatory. Seemed every time he got a grasp on something, someone would beat him down for it. The other games he played, he was much more competitive with most players and could sluff it off. He still flies a lot offline and staged mission stuff, so it wasn't a lack of interest. He will be back I am sure! He is a lot like me, loves a good challenge. The PS4 is starting to get a bit mundane for him. Now I know how my dad felt when we got Atari...how does he do that crap, hes kicking my arse! I had a super fast thumb- fire rate in Defender and my turn could last hours  :neener:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2017, 10:52:42 PM »
You should see us again on TV adds very shortly.

HiTech

Hoping it pays off.

I only have time to play occasionally on weekends now.  But even on a weekend night for me the numbers are just too low, and I know it's a catch 22 problem (people don't play because the numbers are low, and the numbers are low because people don't play)  When I see 100 or less players on the log in screen, I don't even enter the MA anymore because I know I'll just spend 45 minutes looking for a good fight then give up and leave. I can't remember the last time I saw more then 150 in the MA.

I'm nostalgic for the happy days before the split MA, and even after when there was 250+ in 2 arenas, and I always tried to play on Titanic Tuesday.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2017, 10:55:52 PM »
Hoping it pays off.

I only have time to play occasionally on weekends now.  But even on a weekend night for me the numbers are just too low, and I know it's a catch 22 problem (people don't play because the numbers are low, and the numbers are low because people don't play)  When I see 100 or less players on the log in screen, I don't even enter the MA anymore because I know I'll just spend 45 minutes looking for a good fight then give up and leave. I can't remember the last time I saw more then 150 in the MA.

I'm nostalgic for the happy days before the split MA, and even after when there was 250+ in 2 arenas, and I always tried to play on Titanic Tuesday.

Two-sided arena.  Boom.  Fun.  Solved. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2017, 11:06:30 PM »

BORING..... Climb for 10 minutes to dive down and fight a guy who reverses on you and kills you like that. He would roll capped fields because it was instant action and he didn't care if he died...he just wanted the fight.
In a "3 2 1...FIGHTS ON" world of first person shooters, with instant respawn, and a "timed game"....our world is a bit "ho hum" in terms of action.  They want it...and they want it NOW!!  ".

I think bigger numbers help this as well though.  I remember when there was one MA with 400+ people in it, (or even split with titanic tuesday) there was always at least one never ending furball, usually between 2 very close bases, with dozens of fighters under 5k, you would take off and climb for just a few minutes and be right in the thick of it, and the strategic-basetaking-mission based players would leave it alone because there was plenty of other players and bases to do what they wanted too.  I remember my routine used to be logging in and just straight up furballing for a few sorties, then after a while maybe join up with a mission or two and go stir up trouble elsewhere.   

Maybe it's just nostalgia, but that's how I remember it.