Author Topic: This Friday (or Saturday for some)  (Read 2392 times)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: This Friday (or Saturday for some)
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 12:04:18 PM »
My schedule doesn't always allow me to know in advance that I can fly FSO, in fact, it's been a long time since I've tried.
FSO isn't a walkon event.
Good to know if I get free Friday I can slip into the WWI arena, as I check the FSO boards and follow the action each week.  Glad this is here, caught someone who wouldn't normally read the general forums like I follow the event forums.
See?  Relax guys, it's just a post.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 12:51:47 PM »
My schedule doesn't always allow me to know in advance that I can fly FSO, in fact, it's been a long time since I've tried.
FSO isn't a walkon event.
Good to know if I get free Friday I can slip into the WWI arena, as I check the FSO boards and follow the action each week.  Glad this is here, caught someone who wouldn't normally read the general forums like I follow the event forums.
See?  Relax guys, it's just a post.

Oh Pfffffftttttttttttttttt.

You wouldn't BE a walkon.  You'd go in ask for a spot and be taken immediately by someone who was short a guy.  "Walk-on" to me means "Clueless and might Harm the event by not knowing what they were doing or following orders".  You are hardly in that category sir.  Get in there and fly from time to time.  Best thing in Aces High. (Except for your events of course)
Wag more, bark less.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 01:13:32 PM »
Oh Pfffffftttttttttttttttt.

You wouldn't BE a walkon.  You'd go in ask for a spot and be taken immediately by someone who was short a guy.  "Walk-on" to me means "Clueless and might Harm the event by not knowing what they were doing or following orders".

Hmmm. To me "walk-on" means coming in and asking the whole arena if anyone has room for one more pilot.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2017, 01:20:02 PM »
Hmmm. To me "walk-on" means coming in and asking the whole arena if anyone has room for one more pilot.

Yep, don't do that, ask some of your friends that you've flown with before for a slot.  Roc has plenty of those.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 02:10:57 PM »
If I knew he would show up fully clothed I might offer Roc a slot...   :bolt:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2017, 02:25:01 PM »
If I knew he would show up fully clothed I might offer Roc a slot...   
You and your conditions! 
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2017, 07:38:24 PM »
I hate to interrupt this party again, but apparently I am typing in Swahili and there are people that just aren't understanding what I am saying here:

I'll try shouting it:

AFTER FSO (not during) AFTER FSO.
  When you're done in FSO for the day/night check into the WW1 arena.  We'll be there for a chat and a laugh. That's it.  No sordid sophistry.

I have not and never have had any intent to attract people away from FSO.  Precisely the opposite in fact.  My whole purpose is to strengthen the community and help it build.  If I hadn't felt this way I wouldn't have spent last couple of decades involved in it.

I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2017, 09:04:48 PM »
I think this thread is in poor taste. you want to take a break, do it quietly and respectfully. this is nothing but a screw you thread. just my opinion.

Dantoo, apparently I miss-read your intentions. I stand corrected and apologize.  :salute