Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 31841 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #390 on: October 29, 2017, 04:19:18 PM »
HELLO the 35,000 foot comment was directed at specific armchair general who is usually 5 sectors up and 5 sectors away from the action he is trying to direct.  Yeeesh everybody is so sensitive.  :bolt:

That of course would be me. Don't really want to change the direction of the topic but I have to ask: what is wrong with reading the map and offering suggestions to teammates on what we ought to be doing? It's a luxury buff pilots have--we're not actively engaged in battle for most of our sorties, so that frees us to look at the big picture and potentially see things other people are too busy to notice.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #391 on: October 29, 2017, 05:38:04 PM »
Hitech has always said that this is a GAME using WWII type equipment. Its the equipment that they try to make as realistic as possible. Many things are "adjusted" for game playablity. If it was to strive for realism for everything we would be messing with engine management and so much more.

.....and not have a big red icon on the opponents.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #392 on: October 29, 2017, 06:19:49 PM »
What aim?
You wait for the strafing plane to be right over you and then shoot at the tree next to you. The plane dies from the blast radius.
With machine gun? WHOA...been doing it ALL WRONG :x Kidding, I know what you mean. Couldnt stop myself :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #393 on: October 30, 2017, 01:47:05 AM »
With machine gun? WHOA...been doing it ALL WRONG :x Kidding, I know what you mean. Couldnt stop myself :devil
Bah.. get out of the tank and shoot them with the 0.45.
 :)

Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #394 on: October 30, 2017, 10:03:16 AM »

That of course would be me. Don't really want to change the direction of the topic but I have to ask: what is wrong with reading the map and offering suggestions to teammates on what we ought to be doing? It's a luxury buff pilots have--we're not actively engaged in battle for most of our sorties, so that frees us to look at the big picture and potentially see things other people are too busy to notice.
No even when he's in the middle of a knife fight Waystin sees the big picture better then you...and nobody needs you typing in caps telling people where to fight at ect ect.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #395 on: October 30, 2017, 11:52:21 AM »
Bah.. get out of the tank and shoot them with the 0.45.
 :)
Done that! .45 doesnt have QUITE enough ammo :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #396 on: October 30, 2017, 11:59:36 AM »
.....and not have a big red icon on the opponents.

But you'd also be locked into 60 degrees FOV at all times as well. Icons aren't a realism issue. They're an information issue. There are many ways to do icons, so if you have issue take it up with HOW they're done, not that they EXIST.