Author Topic: Maned ship and field guns  (Read 1563 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Maned ship and field guns
« on: September 12, 2017, 02:33:52 AM »
 :uhoh First off, I know some folk hate the "Man-able" guns in this game. I am not looking to start another "This kills the game" rant either. I just am curious about why these game play options do not count when it comes to scoring. Manned guns are not the easiest of weapons in game to master. I fully understand how folk feel about this and pretty sure that I could potentially have a problem with it, IF every one was manning guns at same time. To me though, manning guns is equivalent to "Milk Running" Bostons scored as attack to boost Attack score.It doesnt really help out all that much and pretty sure most would become bored with it, when they realize they cant hit any thing. It does take skill to use man guns, maybe not as much as needed for Dog Fighting, but skill non the less. Another question is why Resupping strats with Goons has no impact on bomber scores? True we get a pretty substantial amount of "perk points" which is enough for me. Just wondering why it has zero value when it comes to scores. No matter what individual opinions are when it comes to these type of thing, it is game play non the less. Really just thinking of new players. I prefer to do things to help out and some situations tend to push me out of other options. Its a where can I be more effective for my team. If these were scored...it might give new player a sense of accomplishment, so that they keep playing? Getting clubbed gets old but you have to hang around to get better! Thats just me though. Really just curious about why it doesnt count for any thing score wise. Please remain CIVIL. There is enough negativity already! It is just a question  :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Maned ship and field guns
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 07:46:12 AM »
Someone shot down one my B17s with a 88 ack👍🇬🇧🛵😀😂

I never hit a sausage
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 02:19:19 PM »
It's all even.

It doesn't score because if they kill you in a manned gun, they get nothing for it either.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 03:48:32 PM »
Right, but change that as well? It wouldnt score as much as killing a tank or aircraft, just wondering why it has its own category under Scores...but isnt scored. :headscratch: Im not new here,just never seen or heard an answer to why this is the situation. :cheers:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 03:50:12 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 05:05:08 PM »
1 reason may be- check this: you have 2 gunners shooting at the same plane both hit-plane is dead, who gets the kill?
gunner 1 who hits first or 2nd gunner who hits 2nd and it goes down?

just like gunners on cv/cruiser-both cruiser gunners hit enemy cruiser it goes down who gets the score.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 05:10:25 PM »
1 reason may be- check this: you have 2 gunners shooting at the same plane both hit-plane is dead, who gets the kill?

You face the same problem in tanks and planes, yet somehow it's still done...  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 05:26:57 PM »
THIS IS KILLING THE GAME!
Pies not kicks.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 04:25:59 AM »
It does show up on your score page, and you get your name in lights landing kills, it just doesn't factor into overall ranking. I don't see any good reason why it should.

Offline jimbo71

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 09:24:04 AM »

just like gunners on cv/cruiser-both cruiser gunners hit enemy cruiser it goes down who gets the score.

I would guess just like the same scenario in an aircraft or vehicle, the shooter that causes the most damage gets the kill and the other gets an assist.

As for kills listed in manned guns on score stats but no actual "score pts" awarded could be because you never run the risk of being killed.  Kill 2+ aircraft or vehicles then someone killed the gun you're shooting from, you still get your name in lights. Would be impossible to calculate a kill to death ratio
xxxJCxxx

Skill, Altitude, Airspeed: You need 2 out of 3...

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 10:07:44 AM »
There is a Fugi cartoon in the title...  :noid

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 10:12:10 AM »
ooh! ooh! Someone has an idea for a cartoon?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 10:19:15 AM »
ooh! ooh! Someone has an idea for a cartoon?

Well, when someone says "maned gun" ...  :D

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 10:32:47 AM »
You'll want a pony in that picture.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 12:32:40 PM »
Manned guns are a complete necessity in a game where the ack so is turned down that a blind monkey can fly through it and not get hit.  I bomb, mostly low-level.  The percentage of  times that auto-ack has stopped me from getting my bombs out on a CV = zero.  The ratio of somebody manning the 5" who knows how to shoot stopping me from getting my bombs out is about 60/40. 

If you want to fly easy mode - get an XBox.  We WANT it to be tough around here.  No challenge otherwise.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 01:52:28 PM »
If you want to fly easy mode - get an XBox.  We WANT it to be tough around here.  No challenge otherwise.

I like this guy.

- oldman