Author Topic: MA Players - a challenge  (Read 6683 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: MA Players - a challenge
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2017, 02:36:30 AM »
This thread has taken on a strange coffee flavour.

Typhoon=Quad Hispano Drive By Machine... :aok

Are you really from the United States Virgin Islands USVI? Is it nice there? I've been watching Black Sails and want to live somewhere like that! What's the culture like and how's the internet?   :banana:

What times are you typically on, Shida?  (You can use UTC or CET, as I can do the math.)

Usually my daytimes after Shida Jnr. has gone to school. I kind of work 12-14 hour days from home a.t.m. with lots of breaks whenever but I get some peace then. So sort of anytime from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. CET Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. I often just log in and potter around working waiting for someone to log on. Next week I'm probably in the workshop though, dismantling our car. Again.

p.s. I'm a Peet's Coffee and Tea guy, so I hope that will do when you whoop me silly.

See this is what I'm talking about. I love this. Kingpin's already trying to gain the psychological advantage by falsely raising my confidence and ruin my game-head by being really nice and friendly. Then when we get in there WHAM! Pwned 23 fights in a row and called a scrub noob. Love it, love it!

:D

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2017, 03:01:39 AM »
Shida, I dropped Whatsapp, it ran my phone battery dead. what time are you usually in the DA? I'd be thrilled to get some more time in with you, any plane. I will always be glad of that day when you asked me if I REALLY wanted to learn. I still remember flying in circles, tighter and tighter and slower, flaps full, learning to judge what the planes would do. I will remember and SALUTE you till the day I die.

Actually the FB app kills the battery on any phone ......  :devil

See ya's in DA.... :t
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2017, 08:51:19 PM »
come and join the small cadre of Match Play regulars. Leave your ego in the hat stand at the door. Fight hard, die hard and learn from your defeats and victories. You'll learn more ACM in ten two minute fights than you will in two weeks of MA handbag contests.

Said it before, will say it again:  Match Play arena is one of the nicest developments in AH3.  Shida's warning is accurate:  I spent half an hour or so in MPA this night, with Horble whipping me as if I were a recalcitrant ox.  I don't believe I won one match (out of a dozen or so), but the fights were most excellent and the knowledge gained, for the plane I was flying, should be very useful in other contexts.

For people who haven't spent much time there:  Adjust your expectations.  You are flying against very practiced people.  Like Frank Savage said, consider yourselves dead.  Then enjoy the experience.

And congrats, Horble, you owned me.

- oldman

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2017, 08:59:18 PM »
Usually my daytimes after Shida Jnr. has gone to school.

Wow, Shida Jr. in school already! How time flies.

See this is what I'm talking about. I love this. Kingpin's already trying to gain the psychological advantage by falsely raising my confidence and ruin my game-head by being really nice and friendly. Then when we get in there WHAM! Pwned 23 fights in a row and called a scrub noob. Love it, love it!

Hehe.  If only this were true! 

I'll do my best with the 9-hour time difference to see if we connect at some point.  Then we can find out if my psychological maneuvering is as transparent as my air combat maneuvering.   :D

<S>
KP
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2017, 01:16:39 AM »
Wow, Shida Jr. in school already! How time flies.

Just turned 5! Loves to play 'planes' as he calls it, can get straight and level from any starting point. Firing the guns is his favourite part, just like the Red Baron  :D Mosquito is his favourite aircraft.

I'll do my best with the 9-hour time difference to see if we connect at some point.

:banana:  :aok

I spent half an hour or so in MPA this night, with Horble whipping me as if I were a recalcitrant ox. 

Builds character! Bet you were on fire when you got back to the MA. I think a mixture of both activities is probably the best. Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2017, 03:07:33 PM »
Painful day today. Watched several new players trickle in, fly P-51Ds openning fire at 2k before augering in never to be seen again. Tragic.

Too bad AH's most badass P-51D pilot can't log in to the MPA and show how it's done. Noooooo, he's swimming around the MA like a barracuda looking for slower fish to munch on.  :D

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2017, 06:04:10 PM »
Original poster is correct.

Much of the arena population are wusses.

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2017, 06:15:55 PM »
nrshida is awesome.......but he doesn't use the word "sausage" much anymore........I think he has been in that other country for too long.......... :old:

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2017, 07:03:41 PM »

Said it before, will say it again:  Match Play arena is one of the nicest developments in AH3.  Shida's warning is accurate:  I spent half an hour or so in MPA this night, with Horble whipping me as if I were a recalcitrant ox.  I don't believe I won one match (out of a dozen or so), but the fights were most excellent and the knowledge gained, for the plane I was flying, should be very useful in other contexts.

For people who haven't spent much time there:  Adjust your expectations.  You are flying against very practiced people.  Like Frank Savage said, consider yourselves dead.  Then enjoy the experience.

And congrats, Horble, you owned me.

- oldman

The fights were lots of fun and that's all that matters to me.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2017, 01:52:15 AM »
The fights were lots of fun and that's all that matters to me.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2017, 06:13:01 AM »
You got me today, Sensei, embarrassment in the extreme. I am totally humbled sir, and obviously have a long way til I snatch the pebble from your hand. Thank you for all the fun this morning, and the reminder(as if I really needed it) that I'm not "all that".
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2017, 07:26:34 AM »
You got me today, Sensei, embarrassment in the extreme. I am totally humbled sir, and obviously have a long way til I snatch the pebble from your hand. Thank you for all the fun this morning, and the reminder(as if I really needed it) that I'm not "all that".

Ah the Yin and Yang of ACM. There's a few in there that push me too. Like Horble said who cares about win and lose. I make you better you make me better...  Was only spanking you today so you'd listen to my next batch of advice. Otherwise I've got the credibility of DrDeath telling me I couldn't turn fight, after I'd beaten him. In a turn fight.

Also, for those still slightly interested but not tried yet I'd lilke to point out that the Match Play is something new in AH. It can be same plane duelling as the DA used to be. But the way HTC has the MPA configured it is presently emerging to be a fascinating match of dissimilar planes and pilots.

Couple of fearsome Spit 9 experts ripping it up at the moment. Run what you brung, your own favourite plane choice and your best corresponding ACM. I'd only warn the super late-war monster experts there might not be enough space to get up to top speed at every starting point.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »
Shida,  :salute. It's a shame we haven't happened upon one another. I check Match Play arena every time I log on, and almost never see anyone there.

I've even logged in and hung around, but no comers. Would be nice to see some weekend pre-noon action in there.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2017, 01:19:29 PM »
Greetings Simon. Thane of the Corsair, and the unnaturally tight and unnerving nose-to-nose turn (and all-round good egg)!

Yeah I appreciate I'm a bit out of synch with US timezones. Unfortunately you just seem to have to sit there not flying. Minimum critical mass thing and all that. Haven't fought a Corsair in a long time. Maybe two years. Be good to do some matches.

Hope you are well.  :salute

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2017, 10:40:11 PM »
Heh, I bet most don't even get your "Frank Savage" post, oldma... Or even know who he is

Last few times I was online, I stopped by the MPA, even tried to get others to come join....couldn't get in takers.....

Wouldn't mind going at it against you, nrshida, if I can find time after I get back from my 2nd Florida trip in less than 2 weeks...am heading back down I  the morning....

I'm on EDT time....

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC