Author Topic: Perhaps the king of VR Graphics settings.  (Read 2818 times)

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
Re: Perhaps the king of VR Graphics settings.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 08:26:46 AM »
I tried the settings last night.  I do think they are the best setting I have used.

In the nividia panel I used the AH DX11 exe to save the program settings.  Is that right or should you use the AH oculus exe?

No, you're absolutely correct.  'aceshigh11' is the one you want to use.  I never launch Aces High through Steam or Oculus anyway.  Glad to hear they are working nicely.  I feel that I can see so much further in the distance now and I don't feel like there is an engine heat blur in front of my face constantly lol.
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 10:19:43 AM »
For the Oculus version through the library you'd put the path to the oculus library version into the path in nvidia settings and the file is typically at

C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high\aceshighocr.exe

I added what you have to my settings, haven't had a chance to try them yet.  :cheers:
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 09:05:20 PM »
Guys, my Oculus has frozen up twice tonight and once last night.  The screen goes white or black.  Sometimes you can still see some of the boxes like the text buffer.  I alt-tab then restart AH-VR and it works fine.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 09:47:59 PM »
Randy point it at the version you play. I have 3 versions on my PC, I just use global settings.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 04:33:41 AM »
Randy point it at the version you play. I have 3 versions on my PC, I just use global settings.
Do what? Was he saying this was after setting up VRoptions with NVIDIA Control panel, or something else? Didnt catch that post if that was the cause, I miss stuff all the time lol. If was an assumption, to me it sounds like maybe a power issue? I have been getting minimized to Desktop quite a lot lately and have the Hour Glass stutters but havent seen a White Screen as Randy was describing. The Desk Top minimizing has become frequent enough to really get under my skin. I keep notes and looks like the majority of the time, it happens when using Coms? Its only slightly in the majority of instances. Second was in changing Zoom with third being after bringing up Clip Board? I dont get minimized much in a vehicle, but it has happened 4 times in last few days. Out of 25 minimizes for other situations. That is pretty much why I have been trending towards Wirb use this week. Frustration kicks in, so just Wirb it, practice is paying dividends though, so all good  :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 06:56:01 AM »

FLS, I play other games like iracing that use different settings.  I never launch uses oculus site app.  I always launch using ahdx11 then using the oculus option.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 07:06:56 AM »
FLS, I play other games like iracing that use different settings.  I never launch uses oculus site app.  I always launch using ahdx11 then using the oculus option.

Right, so you specify the DX11 version in Aces High and don't worry about Oculus. I use global settings because I play test all 3 versions.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 08:38:08 AM »
Right, so you specify the DX11 version in Aces High and don't worry about Oculus. I use global settings because I play test all 3 versions.

Yes.  You pick aceshigh11.exe which is the DX11 desktop version.  Then all settings in the control panel will only effect that program.  You can also switch to the Oculus Version and put the same settings in for that, and click apply.  You can set custom graphic profiles for any application you use on your PC.  If you set Global, you are going to have those same settings for every single program your PC uses, including web browsers, etc.  And you don't want the aceshigh settings effecting everything else.

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 08:40:55 AM »
Guys, my Oculus has frozen up twice tonight and once last night.  The screen goes white or black.  Sometimes you can still see some of the boxes like the text buffer.  I alt-tab then restart AH-VR and it works fine.

I get the same thing, with the hourglass popup, etc.  I find it only happens after taking the headset off where it automatically switches to desktop mode, and then put the headset back on into VR mode.  After that I start getting the hourglass and freezing issue.  Its from the second to last patch.  I don't know why it happens

49Alpha

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2017, 08:42:04 AM »
Do what? Was he saying this was after setting up VRoptions with NVIDIA Control panel, or something else? Didnt catch that post if that was the cause, I miss stuff all the time lol. If was an assumption, to me it sounds like maybe a power issue? I have been getting minimized to Desktop quite a lot lately and have the Hour Glass stutters but havent seen a White Screen as Randy was describing. The Desk Top minimizing has become frequent enough to really get under my skin. I keep notes and looks like the majority of the time, it happens when using Coms? Its only slightly in the majority of instances. Second was in changing Zoom with third being after bringing up Clip Board? I dont get minimized much in a vehicle, but it has happened 4 times in last few days. Out of 25 minimizes for other situations. That is pretty much why I have been trending towards Wirb use this week. Frustration kicks in, so just Wirb it, practice is paying dividends though, so all good  :devil

I get the same exact thing.  It does happen when speaking on vox I have noticed too.  Also, if I play a whole match without taking off the headset, I dont get it.  The second I take the headset off and put it back on, thereafter I will start getting the hourglass popup and freeze.  I posted all over the forums about it, haven't really seen a fix yet.

49Alpha

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2017, 09:53:11 AM »
Yes.  You pick aceshigh11.exe which is the DX11 desktop version.  Then all settings in the control panel will only effect that program.  You can also switch to the Oculus Version and put the same settings in for that, and click apply.  You can set custom graphic profiles for any application you use on your PC.  If you set Global, you are going to have those same settings for every single program your PC uses, including web browsers, etc.  And you don't want the aceshigh settings effecting everything else.

Why would the 3D game settings affect my web browser?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2017, 03:22:09 PM »
It wouldnt, unless the Browser was looking to run something that would use 3D graphics. Think he was talking THEORETICALLY. The COLOR profiles have same settings ,Use global or Nvidia color settings, in that case Web Browser would use Nvidia Color settings.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain