Author Topic: Offline GV Icons  (Read 2623 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Offline GV Icons
« on: October 06, 2017, 01:10:32 PM »
Is there a way to turn on the enemy drone gv's icons in the Offline arena? Would be a great training aid on tank gunnery.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Offline GV Icons
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 01:15:20 PM »
Is there a way to turn on the enemy drone gv's icons in the Offline arena? Would be a great training aid on tank gunnery.

I thought they were on...
I can see them when I'm flying.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 06:33:19 PM »
For offline its in the arena setup, environment, ranges tab. It's the vehicleseenrange variable and max is 7200 or 4000yds on your screen for drone tanks.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 06:50:48 PM »
Works great when in a plane, but not in a gv. Wanted to verify Zeiss setting from a chart I have. Would be nice to be able to know the distance and confirm the mils figure. (may not be the best description).
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 02:44:34 PM »
Havent checked,but use to be several categories, like from AIR,GROUND,TOWer,SPOTTER.
 Just set them all to max in offline.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 02:48:11 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 04:27:13 PM »
The trick to learn is the site picture. "Knowing" the range isn't going to help you much. In the game you have to use a site picture to figure the range, not a number. Knowing that a tank fills "X" distance between lines is the picture your looking for.

Range in your shot off line and record the "size" the tank is in your view for the yardage of the shot. LEARN THEM.  that will help you more than a bunch of numbers.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 04:31:44 PM »
Works great when in a plane, but not in a gv. Wanted to verify Zeiss setting from a chart I have. Would be nice to be able to know the distance and confirm the mils figure. (may not be the best description).

Just switch to their country (I think Knight), their *friendly* icons will now show.
Oh, and disable killshooter ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 05:59:12 PM »
The trick to learn is the site picture. "Knowing" the range isn't going to help you much. In the game you have to use a site picture to figure the range, not a number. Knowing that a tank fills "X" distance between lines is the picture your looking for.

Range in your shot off line and record the "size" the tank is in your view for the yardage of the shot. LEARN THEM.  that will help you more than a bunch of numbers.

Your missing the point Fugi, with Icons you can verify the Zeiss scale settings, and from a training standpoint that would be great. I have a set of sight tables already, but for teaching someone else the technique the range would be great. Snailmans suggestion might work, will try it later.  :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 10:02:56 PM »
I understand what your saying, Im sure I have the same list, but it wont help you in the game. You need to be able to spot the bad guy, and by just the sizeof his tank in your site KNOW what range to use and hit him.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 04:50:32 PM »
I understand what your saying, Im sure I have the same list, but it wont help you in the game. You need to be able to spot the bad guy, and by just the sizeof his tank in your site KNOW what range to use and hit him.

Fugi, I can and I do, however when teaching someone else it would still be very handy. I'm sure there is an arena setting for it, I just can't find it. :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 06:07:48 PM »
That works, love the Zeiss sights. It Works just fine in game,too! IF,IF they hold still long enough to get a mil measurement on them. That seems the hard part, scurvy rats these tanker guys. :x It does work great for firing on objects though! Just takes some work to figure out objects dimensions. Unless you just fire and adjust,that works also. I just hate to give my position away on a wasted shot, so I use the MIL calculating Zeiss measurement system :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 06:55:08 PM »
Thats the thing. I was working on teaching myself ranging GVs in AH just before AH3 came out. I read everything I could find on the  german site and what all the triangles mean and so forth. It really doesnt relate other than KNOWING what they mean. In game what is far more important is matching the vehicle size and learning what the range it is at to know the aim point.

I made a chart with cleaned up screen shots to show the different size/yardage of the tanks. Worked pretty good until we switched to AH3. Now with the non-directional sound issue it isn't worth the trouble most of the time to even try. Those that have those site pictures down and know good hiding spot just eat the rest of us alive.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 03:14:47 PM »
Thats the thing. I was working on teaching myself ranging GVs in AH just before AH3 came out. I read everything I could find on the  german site and what all the triangles mean and so forth. It really doesnt relate other than KNOWING what they mean. In game what is far more important is matching the vehicle size and learning what the range it is at to know the aim point.

I made a chart with cleaned up screen shots to show the different size/yardage of the tanks. Worked pretty good until we switched to AH3. Now with the non-directional sound issue it isn't worth the trouble most of the time to even try. Those that have those site pictures down and know good hiding spot just eat the rest of us alive.
Raw,FUGI? :confused: Maybe Med-Rare at least,but not RAW :devil Thats why I get my GV's at the Fly through window :cheers: 250lb TNT Fire Grilled Panzer is pretty good eating :aok

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 07:58:11 PM »
When I'm spawn camping and The target is either not moving or moving slow enough to allow, I like to use the Zeiss sights to try and get a 1 shot 1 kill attack. I have a chart made up by BudGray in 2011, its still accurate. It shows the range based on Width, Length, and Height for the Pzr IV H, Panther, T34 (All), Tiger 1, M4 (All), King Tiger, M18 and the M8.

It is interesting to note that while the Zeiss German optics are based on 2/4 mils, the T34/85 optics are based on 4/8 mils, or at least in AH3, per Hitech.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 11:41:29 PM »
When I'm spawn camping and The target is either not moving or moving slow enough to allow, I like to use the Zeiss sights to try and get a 1 shot 1 kill attack. I have a chart made up by BudGray in 2011, its still accurate. It shows the range based on Width, Length, and Height for the Pzr IV H, Panther, T34 (All), Tiger 1, M4 (All), King Tiger, M18 and the M8.

It is interesting to note that while the Zeiss German optics are based on 2/4 mils, the T34/85 optics are based on 4/8 mils, or at least in AH3, per Hitech.
REALLY? :uhoh That explains alot problems I had with using T34, thanks for the info :rock Is just t34 or 34s that use that mil setting? OH and what does it mean, the size in mils of triangle and the gap between them at above and below are 8-above gap and 4-below? What about the height of the "triangles",instead of 1mill-smaller and 4mill large one?   Pretty sure  That is what you mean, but too old and :old: know NOT to assume.