Author Topic: Allies  (Read 5759 times)

Offline horble

• Silver Member
Re: Allies
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 08:36:39 PM »
i wonder why keep catering to axis squads soon enough they will have the sand box to them selves

You're right, axis should have to put a third of their guys in Ju88s in every latewar scenario instead of every other one.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2017, 08:44:16 PM »
You're right, axis should have to put a third of their guys in Ju88s in every latewar scenario instead of every other one.

:rofl
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2017, 08:58:56 PM »
i wonder why keep catering to axis squads soon enough they will have the sand box to them selves

:headscratch:

Like axis having to find and bomb moving ships, controllable by the Allied CO, with JU-88's vs. Allies getting to bomb stationary hangars on a stationary island with B-26's?

Is that the type of catering you mean?

Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 09:05:05 PM »

:devil   :airplane:

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2017, 09:09:58 PM »

:headscratch:

Like axis having to find and bomb moving ships, controllable by the Allied CO, with JU-88's vs. Allies getting to bomb stationary hangars on a stationary island with B-26's?

Is that the type of catering you mean?

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:01:40 PM by puller »
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 09:51:57 PM »
Please lets keep it civil and mature as CM's we do need and want your input on how the events go. Slinging mud really does not help us make better scenarios. Also lets keep this on track lilmak started this thread about participation numbers it is important to be as close as possible to getting squads to show up with committed numbers. That said real life is a problem we all know it.  :salute
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2017, 11:30:35 PM »
I honestly do not see setups catering to any one side or the other or squadrons for that matter.  Pigs fly both sides of FSO and that is just simply a baseless statement.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2017, 12:44:23 AM »
waystin you are correct pigs fly both sides so does G3 but go look at the axis squads that never fly allied side thats where some have become very frustrated with FSO. in order to balance things out some of them are gonna have to do what they dont wanna do and that is fly allied. Ill say no more here to keep it clean <<S>> 
G3-MF

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2017, 01:15:38 AM »
waystin you are correct pigs fly both sides so does G3 but go look at the axis squads that never fly allied side thats where some have become very frustrated with FSO. in order to balance things out some of them are gonna have to do what they dont wanna do and that is fly allied. Ill say no more here to keep it clean <<S>>

I planned on starting a thread after frame 3 but now that you've brought it up...

Anti-Horde​ will be going all Allied for FSO and combat challenge come 2018...And it is definitely not because I want to...But I am out voted...I will still be doing all my scenario flying from the Axis side :aok
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2017, 07:58:10 AM »
I understand ya bud.  I think we have all had this discussion before.  It's my understanding and CM's can correct me on this that there are no guarantees to a side or a ride.  If just saying if every squadron in FSO requested the Axis side next month then in fairness some of those resident "Axis" squadrons would end up flying Allies.  Probably would never happen because there some who are just as dedicated to Allied rides.  What it does do is make room for squads that like that variety like the Pigs or G3 to move around.

<S>

I planned on starting a thread after frame 3 but now that you've brought it up...

Anti-Horde​ will be going all Allied for FSO and combat challenge come 2018...And it is definitely not because I want to...But I am out voted...I will still be doing all my scenario flying from the Axis side :aok

This is part of the fun of being a CO.  Carrying out your orders.  LOL   :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2017, 11:53:05 AM »

I will take that challenge. The next Eastern Front setup that has a Yak-3 or LA, KN will fly Allied.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2017, 12:16:20 PM »
Here's the thing. There will alway be a disparity between commitment and actual numbers but there seems to be a trend of COs not updating those numbers. In frame one I assigned two squads to B-26s so I could virtually guarantee that I met the minimum requirement. At squad minimum commitment numbers, they should've had 11 pilots. Before the start of the frame I found out we were 3 or 4 short of the 10 required B-26 pilots. This is something that neither the CMs or CICs can control.

This should be an anomaly but after my experience in frame one and the shortfall in frame two it appears that it's not. My point is we're dependent on the COs to do their best to get the numbers they are promising so FSO can continue to be as fun as possible. Defense in FSO is fundamentally easier than attack. This week the frame was lost before flight was opened simply because the the numbers were so far off. This is the responsibility of the COs on all sides.

I'd like to ask that COs take a long hard look at their numbers. Be honest with yourself. Look at what you've been fielding and error on the side of caution. If you can't consistently get to 4 (the minimum) it's time to consider disbanding your crew or approaching another squad and combining forces. There are plenty of squads who would certainly like to have an extra man or two on Fridays.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 02:35:47 PM by LilMak »
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2017, 02:10:32 PM »
Not that it matters,

but JG11 in every PTO list as "NO PREFFERENCE"   But we end up AXIS every time, except one long ago we ended up flying blue bombers.

I could not see a dedicated F4U group being assigned ZEROs in a PTO frame that included their historical unit. Not that they would get F4U in every frame, but should at least get their ride one frame in that month.

Every month someone is not happy, there is no way to make everyone happy, that is just a fact. The best we can do is show up and fly our assigned ride every week, and notify your CO if you are not going to make it so numbers can be adjusted.

I enjoy flying with and against you guys and FSO and Scenarios are the only reason I keep this account.

:salute

Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2017, 02:32:55 PM »
Oops. Meant to edit and hit quote.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 02:35:02 PM by LilMak »
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2017, 05:11:43 PM »
in order to balance things out some of them are gonna have to do what they dont wanna do and that is fly allied.

I never thought I would see a day when a statement like this was even possible.
I remember the days of low turnout, no shows or quick death for a A6M due to being handed B5Ms.
I remember the squads who did not want German Iron because what few airframes we had that matched the timeframe were not in their wheel house and they ended up being face shot by Il-2s and run home by a horde of La-5s.

HTC and the CMs have given us more to work with these days. Most of the squads and individuals players have been here long enough to know what to do with planes they don't usually fly.

I'm curious how often too many squads request Axis now.

As for this month, the OP mentions the Allied side should have a 10% advantage. The writeup calls for 52-48 Allied favored (net 4%) and the side assignments show a 2 player advantage for Axis. I have not seen objectives so this may not be correct anymore. If nothing has changed from the assignments I see than having the Axis only defend and Allied fielding bombers?  What could go wrong? And low turnout just compounds the problem.

As for Biggamer's quote, I leave it to the community to sort out if a change is needed.
But I  :salute the Axis centric squads that took us through a dark and heated time, made commitment levels and sometimes planned/ fought  a victory with a poor hand.

Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"