Author Topic: IL-2 Sturmovik: "Battle of Bodenplatte" and Flying Circus Vol. 1 (RoF II)  (Read 5326 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: "Battle of Bodenplatte" and Flying Circus Vol. 1 (RoF II)
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 02:09:11 PM »
would be nice to have another game to go to when a map comes up I don't like to play on like Buzzsaw. but I just don't know what games my system can play other than AH3-i can play wot-but I don't want to play any of those WO+ games
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2017, 02:16:02 PM »
would be nice to have another game to go to when a map comes up I don't like to play on like Buzzsaw. but I just don't know what games my system can play other than AH3-i can play wot-but I don't want to play any of those WO+ games

You could probably run it, maybe not maxed out but on low settings I'm sure you could get a stable frame rate if you can play AH ok, it's optimized pretty well. What kind of video card do you have?

No mosquitoes.... pfffff  :rolleyes:

When DCS or some other company comes out with a full blown, high detail, combat simulator for Mosquito VI, or Mirage IIIc, my credit card is going to come out so fast that the sonic boom will be heard all the way to the developers studio!  :rock

Just over a day ago nobody thought they would ever do a late war scenario like they announced, at least not anytime soon. So who knows, maybe a Mosquito will be around sooner than you think.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 04:42:31 PM »
ROF was left to wither on the Vine by 777
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2017, 04:49:17 PM »
ROF was left to wither on the Vine by 777

Maybe, but they haven't forgotten about those players.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 04:51:14 PM by Krupinski »

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 02:40:52 AM »
Maybe this is one of the reason we stay with AH the owner takes a interest in his customers :old:

The GFC

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 11:18:14 AM »
Oh so that's why the IL2 devs post a developer diary every Friday, and host teamspeak sessions to answer questions, because they don't care, right?

You know nothing.  :rolleyes:

ps I'm not trying to compare HTC to IL2 devs, this has nothing to do with them we're just talking about games here, but that's what you're turning this into Zach.

Go be a troll somewhere else.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:23:59 AM by Krupinski »

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 11:42:41 AM »
Just sent you an invite on steam  :salute
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 12:07:17 PM »
Oh so that's why the IL2 devs post a developer diary every Friday, and host teamspeak sessions to answer questions, because they don't care, right?

You know nothing.  :rolleyes:

ps I'm not trying to compare HTC to IL2 devs, this has nothing to do with them we're just talking about games here, but that's what you're turning this into Zach.

Go be a troll somewhere else.

So jason from 777 has nothing to do with these developers then?

The GFC

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2017, 07:55:33 AM »
So ROF players will now have to buy the IL2 WWI flight sim as announced on 777 ROF

Wtg on your 7 kills your awesome

The GFC

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2017, 09:51:00 AM »
The WW1 plane lineup is pretty lean, very akin to DOA's lineup.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2017, 10:13:16 AM »
If we're lucky there will be a discount for previous RoF owners.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2017, 11:37:09 AM »

Yep but still excited to try it out and hopefully they will add more as time goes. I"m not sure how they work in this regard.

The WW1 plane lineup is pretty lean, very akin to DOA's lineup.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2017, 12:38:39 PM »
It's volume 1, if it's successful and people buy it there will be a volume 2 with possibly a 1917 plane set, or maybe an earlier one.. whichever is more popular.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2017, 04:24:29 PM »
No mosquitoes.... pfffff  :rolleyes:

When DCS or some other company comes out with a full blown, high detail, combat simulator for Mosquito VI, or Mirage IIIc, my credit card is going to come out so fast that the sonic boom will be heard all the way to the developers studio!  :rock

:rofl  would a beaufighter suffice??    :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2017, 09:16:51 AM »
Hey dudes, I just wanted to say what that guy did up in the General section wasn't the right thing to do, but you already know that. While IL2 is my go to now, you don't see me here trying to force anybody to buy it.. I've had plenty of good times in AH and there's no reason to just bash the game and the community because I don't play it as much anymore. I just try to explain what it is and how it differs and is even similar to AH.

Just some misconceptions I noticed from that thread...

Somebody mentioned that player numbers are lower in IL2 in AH, this is not true. It is true that the prime times in both games occur at different times of the day, IL2s being earlier than AH. Often the player numbers will reach 300+ across the different servers during that time. Unfortunately I can't remember the last time we saw that in AH... perhaps during FSO but that's only one night a week. :/

While you can't fit those 300 people on the same server in IL2, the fact is.. it's not needed, the current player limit of 84 (more than any of the other competitors can handle in a server besides AH) is more than enough at the moment. This is because of the way the front lines are designed, many of the targets are purposely placed in a somewhat centralized locations, that way the action is also centralized and you're not flying across the whole map trying to find somebody to throw down with. With that said, they plan on doing net code improvements in the future which may raise the limit well above 100+. btw bustr, they announced recently that they're adding destructible trees, and collisions are still accurate.  :neener:

Lastly that thing about 1C (Battle of Stalingrad devs) and telling Team Fusion (Cliffs of Dover devs) to publish incomplete flight models, is absolutely false. Team Fusion isn't the community, it's an actual dev team. I'm not a fan of Cliffs of Dover to begin with, but all of their work is their own and is in no way influenced by 1C, it was only just a month or so ago that 1C even got the source code and full rights back to CloD from Ubisoft or whoever rightfully owned it. They immediately gave that source code to Team Fusion so they could do as they wish with it.
1C was planning on moving to the Pacific theatre for the next IL2 game, but it had to be delayed because they couldn't finish the flight model and technical research of the Japanese side in a reasonable time frame and up to their standards. They care far more about getting it "right" than they do eye candy.

At this point IL2 is probably one of the best WW2 Flight sims ever created, and so is Aces High. There's no reason to bash one or the other when you could easily play both.

Anyways, that's all I wanted to say... thanks to anybody that read this and isn't going to flame me afterwards.  :salute

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:24:32 AM by Krupinski »