Author Topic: BEST OF 2017  (Read 1604 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
BEST OF 2017
« on: January 02, 2018, 01:15:15 AM »
Just a quandary, what was your best fight/personal achievement in game for the last year? Film would be a plus....but I suck at editing, so wont hold it against those without film back-up  :cheers:  My best fight: was jumping what I believed to be a un wary 109 on the deck in my Spit. OOPS, was Trogdor :uhoh He baited me right in too, BASTAGE :furious I got first hits at second turn but his throttle work and flaps got the best of me....after a 3 minute stall fight on the deck. All the comfort I can get from that...at least it wasnt Lzbnseagul!  :devil I dont think I have ever had a fight like that in my 3 YEARS in AH! I was sweating and hyper ventilating on film...YES part of reason I didnt post film :devil  We had several fights over this past year and win or loose, Trog was always a class act. Even the few that were interrupted by others   :salute  It was a close race, as to favorite experience :cheers: The Big Week Scenario and The Longest Day(EPIC) rank right up there. I didnt get to fly with the squad I signed up for in The Longest Day scenario, but Dutch and Weiser adopted me into the fold! Was a great day spent(almost literally :rock) Big salute to the few of you that I was able to share some Technology for game play with. It was an TRUE HONOR that you allowed me to do that  :salute Being able to invest in game play was a HUGE morale boost for me this year! I thank you guys for that :cheers:   On second thought I may need to bump Big Week up a bit on my list? Was the last time I got to fly with Pipz.  :cry
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
Re: BEST OF 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 07:36:52 AM »
Virtual Reality headset!!!!!
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 08:27:22 AM »
For me the best day in AH was definitely flying with you on my wing at The Hardest Day scenario. It was a a blast and a honnor to spend the 12 hour with you. :airplane:  :salute

(i miss Pipz to  :frown:)

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 08:30:17 AM »
PS: we did very well

Top Squads: Kills
   610 RAF: 88
   54 Squadron: 84
   601 Squadron (County of London): 82
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 08:50:33 AM »
I got a couple of months of Melee flying time in this year, that was the best for me. I got to meet a lot of very nice people and fly with/against them.
 :airplane:

Also, becoming a CM and learning to make terrains was pretty high up there too.   :cheers:
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 09:31:00 AM »
Getting the VR headset put the game at a new level.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 12:43:46 PM »
Getting my 200th FSO kill back in April.  :airplane:
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 01:12:52 PM »
I discovered the magic of turning off tracers.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 01:30:58 PM »
When the new FM2 art was introduced, I flew it as my "main ride" for that tour.  Since then, I've picked other planes that I haven't flown much to be my main ride for a tour -- 190A-5, 109F-4, La-5FN, and now the Typhoon Mk I.  Not always good for my k/d, but a fun way to learn new stuff.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 02:22:41 PM »
16 kills in a spit 16. I had a solo base cap going with 4 guys upping in a steady flow. Working the backside of the base out of ack range and their was only one guy that had a clue not to follow me up in a climb. After 8 kills i really started to aim for the single ping pilot shot. Ran out of ammo with plenty of fuel only to be blow out of the sky from a 4k 88 when i was rtb and out of harms way.

I did this back in the day and landed it but i never thought i could have repeated it in ah3. Only other goal i have to beat this year is my  54 kills in a tempest but with hitech change to the wep at rearms that probably will not happen.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 02:49:55 PM »
16 kills in a spit 16. I had a solo base cap going with 4 guys upping in a steady flow. Working the backside of the base out of ack range and their was only one guy that had a clue not to follow me up in a climb. After 8 kills i really started to aim for the single ping pilot shot. Ran out of ammo with plenty of fuel only to be blow out of the sky from a 4k 88 when i was rtb and out of harms way.

I did this back in the day and landed it but i never thought i could have repeated it in ah3. Only other goal i have to beat this year is my  54 kills in a tempest but with hitech change to the wep at rearms that probably will not happen.
Yup!  :furious RAN INTO YOU FIRST THING 2018! :furious Ok, yes I followed you up...got 3 before I tried to help out my guy dealing with you! Was no doubt it was you, EVEN before I was sent to that tower in the sky!ME: Oh NO...this is FX? Yep has to be...oh!!!this gonna hurt! POOF" FX: "HEHEHE DUMBAZZ" :devil Was a great start to the new Year <S>
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 02:53:14 PM »
Virtual Reality headset!!!!!
I AGREE Sir! VR has made a WORLD of difference. You were my second kill...with VR....you SNAKE IN THE GRASS. Hit a tree right after you did,too! Remember that fight!?  :banana:

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2018, 02:57:31 PM »
PS: we did very well

Top Squads: Kills
   610 RAF: 88
   54 Squadron: 84
   601 Squadron (County of London): 82
Yes!!!! We did! Thanks again, SIRS :rock It was a tough time for me, personally. MS was flaring and good days were hard to come by. I still talk about it being my impetus to get off my donut and do something about it :aok Cronic fatigue was my big issue...12 HOURs(almost) STRAIGHT :rock  I forgot about getting tired....did however sleep till Monday  :x

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 03:00:50 PM »
I got a couple of months of Melee flying time in this year, that was the best for me. I got to meet a lot of very nice people and fly with/against them.

Also, becoming a CM and learning to make terrains was pretty high up there too.   :cheers:
MY HERO! :cheers: Your advice on tweaking VR stuff was a GOD SEND. Others helped as well, its what I love about all you guys(and GALS) :uhoh Usually had an answer before the day was out! Congrats on making the CM position :cheers:

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 05:08:15 PM »
Best of 2017...
All the fun fights
 :salute
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."