Author Topic: VKB TECS Throttle Control System  (Read 1619 times)

Offline jedi25

• Copper Member
VKB TECS Throttle Control System
« on: January 04, 2018, 08:51:43 PM »
As anyone seen this and what your toughts on this new VKB TECS Throttle Control System..
http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2880

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: VKB TECS Throttle Control System
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 07:26:33 AM »
Looks good. Might have to be on the list for my next throttle. That'll complete my controllers update project. Now have Crosswinds pedals and VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro. Will continue slumming with my old reliable CH throttle in the meantime. Which could be a while! VKB makes nice stuff but the wait is nearly endless for it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Mingus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 08:02:05 AM »
How bout the single engine vintage one down near the bottom of that page. That is sweet.
" I may be drunk, but you're ugly, and tomorrow I'll be sober."              ***JG51 "Molders"***

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 08:24:09 AM »
Wow :x gotta have one..

Seems like a lot of value for $200!

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 09:04:28 AM »
How bout the single engine vintage one down near the bottom of that page. That is sweet.
FYI there's been a lot of discussion regarding that pic. Apparently it's just a concept render and not something that's going into production. Does look cool tho with all the controls a virtual piston engine warbird pilot could want!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 05:38:23 PM »
Looks like I found the throttle to replace my old Pro Throttle. 
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Cobra412uf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 03:42:17 AM »
Drano from what I read about the controller is that it has passed testing phase and it due for moving into production phase soon. If UIV is part of the development team which it looks like they are then I would say this statement from them confirms it's coming and not just a concept drawing. They also stated the design look my change slightly from the original concept drawing or modular setup drawing they posted. I am looking to getting back into flying after being gone for almost 15 years from Aces High and I will buy this for my new rig for sure. I have my old CH stuff back in the states that I could have sent out but gotta get with the new age stuff. My only worry is software with these units and the full interface capability of the other panels they show in the drawing. I would love to switch over commonly used key commands to the additional switches but if I remember correctly wasn't there issues with mapping true on off switches? Basically it has to be a momentary button or switch and not an always on button or switch for it to work properly in Aces High.

Now I need to find a good seat or desk layout to give me arm rests and hard mount points for the HOTAS setup. I can't mount adapters to my current desk so that's an issue for me as I want something where my forearms can rest on while flying. Makes for better control and muscle memory when flying in my opinion. Use to hate it when my setup would shift around before and the maneuver I was trying would get messed up and get me killed.

Postby UIV » Sun Dec 31, 2017 13:26
"This unique state of art device is already out of "development" phase, and is currently entering "preparation for serial production"."

"The rendered image shows the pre-production version of the TECS. We will work together with the DCS experts to finalize the panels' layout, and confirm the text of the prints. If you read Russian, you might like studying these prints now: there might be something you wouldn't expect to see."
Rig #1: Maximus IX Formula, i7 7700K@4.9GHz, Strix 1080ti, 32Gb Dominator 3200MHz DDR4, 960 Pro 1TB NVMe, Corsair HX750i PSU, ASUS PG348q. Rig #2: Maximus IX Extreme, i7 7700K@4.9GHz, Poseidon 1080ti SLI, 32 Gb Trident Z 3000MHz, 960 Pro 1TB NVMe, Corsair AX1200i, ASUS PG348q, Phanteks Enthoo Elite.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 09:08:56 AM »
Good to see you're coming back bud! That's kinda my plan too with upgrading my controllers. I've been almost exclusively all FSO and a few hours after for quite a while now. Years really. Gonna try and fly a bit more.

I see they're saying that twin engine throttle is really close to happening. Drano like! Being a P-38 driver that is really gonna be a good fit. Still using the CH throttle but that one looks like it's replacement! Still, it was half of the year waiting on the MCG-Pro grip to finally end up at my house after a series of production delays. So if that's any indication, this new throttle won't be available to actually buy for months at least. They say this year.

That single engine throttle is the one that is just a concept. The vkb guys don't seem happy with the confusion caused by the posting of that pic by whoever posted it initially. Gave folks the idea THAT one was also imminent which, so they say, isn't the case.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Cobra412uf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 04:33:15 AM »
Drano it's been a long while since I have flown and my computer is a beast now so shouldn't have any issues enjoying the game play. I went online to the main arena and noticed there's still a lot of folks I use to fly with or against still flying so that's cool. My only issue right now is my connection may cause an issue due to where I am located. This region is notorious for having horrible ping rates outside of the country. Servers locally are awesome but the lowest I can see on the Arma 3 for servers outside the country is a 116 ping rate and Aces High 3 it's 360 to 385.

I actually like all the positions of the buttons on this controller and the fighter stick. It plays to the normal bindings I used to have on my old CH stuff or with the aircraft I use to work. I can map a lot of functions to positions that are familiar to me from my time working F-15s. I tend to actuate multiple buttons at once when flying so a proper layout is key for me. On the stick I am normally manipulating the hat switch, a pinky button or switch and the trigger at one time and on the throttle a pinky switch, index switch or hat and a thumb button or hat switch. I always map my flaps to at thumb hat switch and my radio transmissions to the same hat switch on the throttle. I have another hat switch on the throttle mapped to my zoom in and out function and RPM up and down. Needless to say this setup looks spot on for what I would want and use for a setup minus the rudder pedals. I am looking at the Slaw RX Viper pedals but it seems they are overwhelmed with orders on a regular basis.

It could be 6 months to a year to see it finished but I am willing to wait for a rugged long lasting product.
Rig #1: Maximus IX Formula, i7 7700K@4.9GHz, Strix 1080ti, 32Gb Dominator 3200MHz DDR4, 960 Pro 1TB NVMe, Corsair HX750i PSU, ASUS PG348q. Rig #2: Maximus IX Extreme, i7 7700K@4.9GHz, Poseidon 1080ti SLI, 32 Gb Trident Z 3000MHz, 960 Pro 1TB NVMe, Corsair AX1200i, ASUS PG348q, Phanteks Enthoo Elite.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 09:35:21 AM »
I have the new stick mapped pretty much as I want it. Still having some issues with macros. I have a couple working perfectly but others that are almost identical are not. I'll get it figured out. One handy feature is that dual use hat switch. I have it mapped naturally as a POV in POV mode and use it for aileron and elevator trim in the other. All the hats on this thing regular hats with a center push button which is also handy but the 8-way POV is especial! Press the center for more than 300ms (or whatever you set) and it changes modes! I don't really use it as a POV as I have TIR but sometimes it's just  faster.

I'm still using my CH throttle pretty much as I always had for mostly things like engine, rpm, flaps and trim. Airplane stuff. Gear, hook, that kinda stuff. I use other modes to jump around different gunner positions and set the bomb sight or drive the vehicles. Not using the fighterstick stick for anything now. Once that throttle becomes available that'll be the end of the CH era for me.

Hope you are able to get your net connection sorted out!

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"