Author Topic: What am I missing?  (Read 388 times)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
What am I missing?
« on: January 05, 2018, 07:34:21 PM »
I'm trying to convert an AH2 terrain.  Did this function stop working?

I open the TE, select Convert V2.0 Terrain.  A directory pops up, looking for files with the OBA extension.  But I don't have any OBA files in my AH2 folders.  I can still open all of those terrains, but I only have the FLA and RES files.

Are the OBA files for the AH2 MA terrains not resident in the AH2 folders?  Is that what I'm missing?

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: What am I missing?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 07:29:45 AM »
You won't have any OBA files unless you were the person who created the terrain in the first place. When a terrain is uploaded it is built (compiled) and players that download the terrain only get the compiled FLA and RES files. They don't get the OBA and all the files that were used to create and edit the terrain.

Only the person who upload the terrain has the OBA and other files needed to open it up in the Terrain Editor and edit it or convert it from AH2 to AH3.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
Re: What am I missing?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 01:22:31 PM »
That's what I figured.  Thanks

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.