Author Topic: Make Textures Sharper in VR with Nvidia Inspector  (Read 694 times)

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
Make Textures Sharper in VR with Nvidia Inspector
« on: March 19, 2018, 07:20:08 PM »
I found this Youtube video on the Oculus reddit page and thought I'd share here.  It is a method to sharpen ONLY game textures, over and above regular super-sampling via Oculus Tray Tool, etc

(BTW1: I set the link to start at 1 min.,54 seconds into the video, but the forum code won't accept the custom start time, so just jump to 1 minute 54 seconds in.  BTW2: the fellow who made the video has a thick Scottish brogue, so you might have to rewatch if you have trouble with his accent):

Caveat: I haven't yet tried this myself, so I can't attest to its efficacy or even if its' a good idea to do it.  If anyone does try it, please let us know if you had issues, if it helped, etc. (Chances are that I won't get a chance to give it a go until the weekend.)

FWIW,
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: Make Textures Sharper in VR with Nvidia Inspector
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 09:06:37 AM »
Thanks for posting this...will have to give it a whirl (as soon as I can get the Acer VR to work in Aces High). :x
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech