Author Topic: Control Modes  (Read 2351 times)

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Control Modes
« on: April 11, 2018, 11:39:31 PM »
Im still in the process of getting controls to work with a mouse in a GV, they are fubar.

If I mess with the sensitivity in tanks and planes, its mode 2 i believe, it somehow changes my settings to mode 1?

IE, I need to turn my sensitivity almost all the way up in GV mode, just to be able to move the turret in from the scope.  If I go to hop in a plane, the sensitivity is is so high you will wont be able to control it.  Keep in mind, when these high sensitivity settings are applied to even be able to move the turret in scope mode, the command mode or whatever you'd like to call it is totally spazztic.

After that fact, if I decide to hop in a buff and use gunners, they are jump around so spazztically its not possible to aim.  You will see in my previous post, there was absolutely 0 issue with these items before a certain patch, the one where mouse movement needs to be continued to continue to move the turret.  Before that a slight roll of the mouse left would continue to move until i moved it an equal distance to the right to center it.

Really about to just give up on this.  My last post got absolutely no reply.  Its getting to the point where its just not worth it to me to figure out, as I am 98% positive it cant be fixed by any manipulation of the settings on my end at all, unless something went fubar in a patch and a fresh install is needed.  I doubt that.

If you would like to log in through my system somehow and try playing the game with my settings, let me know.

If you don't care, let me know, and Ill move on.  But if this is something every new player using a mouse experiences, you have some real issues.

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Control Modes
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 11:45:17 PM »
Here is a film i made sometime awhile ago, if it helps.

I assume its the right one based on the name.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 11:57:28 PM »
Same here loaded patch now gv settings are shot can't get any to work correctly.

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 01:02:36 AM »
Let me clarify, this is pertaining to using a mouse in all aspects of the game, AND it has been going on for months now.  My previous post on this would give a good time stamp.

There are apparently a pile of problems being experienced in this latest patch, which have no affected my settings at all.   I have yet to try a bomber in this new patch, but I heard those were wonky beyond the ways mentioned above.

More to come on that, maybe this weekend.

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 02:35:02 AM »
I really think changing sensitivity in one mode switches them all, I may be wrong.

More testing to come.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 08:59:54 AM »
Damping / dead band and the like are currently set up across all modes per axis.

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 11:28:06 AM »
So why does my tank turret view move at different speeds in commander and scope mode?  I dont mean the physical turret, jist the view associated with both modes.

I think your last patch actually fixed my ability to gun in bombers BTW.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 12:22:46 PM »
will have HT look at turret control in mouse

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 12:37:54 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 01:40:00 PM »
Hey - I'm having trouble duplicating the speed issue your having - can you explain it a little more?

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 01:51:47 PM »
are you talking about how you move the commanders circle left or right, and then the gun follows behind until it catches up?

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 09:01:22 PM »
Waffle, there is a film attached to my 2nd post in here

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 09:05:31 PM »
Basically my turret wont move when in scope mode was the range finder.  The only way i can get it to is by maxxing sensitivity.. then it throws everything else out of whack.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 09:08:31 PM »
Basically my turret wont move when in scope mode was the range finder.  The only way i can get it to is by maxxing sensitivity.. then it throws everything else out of whack.
Does it kinda feel like it's movement is locked a bit and only unlocks with large left/right movements?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 12:14:15 AM »
Does it kinda feel like it's movement is locked a bit and only unlocks with large left/right movements?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Exactly.. i think its tied into how the mouse moves a turret as of a few patches back.  Instead of moving the mouse left to move the turret, and then move right to stop the motion, now you have to continusly move the mouse to move the turret left.  For large movements its going to require picking the mouse up, moving it over on the mousepad to contnue to movement.  The same applies to how field guns and buff guns changed in that patched.

The way you described it is perfect.  It doesnt lock up until you enter the range finding scope to shoot a target.

Like i mentioned, if i turn the sensitivity to max under the control mode, i can get it to move a little more, even then very unpredictable and jumpy,.  But then everything from buff guns to the driving mode in the tank is cometely spazztic.  Seeing as how the sensitivity is applied across all control modes, it really messes with everything, including my flight settings, which need to pretty dialed in to fly with a mouse.