Author Topic: Whoever the TOD 2 CM/Target assigner is:  (Read 3904 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Whoever the TOD 2 CM/Target assigner is:
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2001, 01:29:00 PM »
banana you have mail.

Funked, I spend a min. of 2 hours every week preparing for these things.  With 1.0 modifier it puts me 50 miles short of my landing area, considering it to be within 40 miles closer of where it was to begin with. Yes, with manifold settings lowered, no wep, lower ceiling of operation, straight line approach over hostile enemy area, I can just *barely* squeak out the mission parameters...but there lies the problem.  There is absolutley no room for error outside the parameters mentioned above.  Keep in mind that changing the fuel modifer for the entire arena is NOT what I call a good decision to abate to a single squad that has a fuel problem..

Nifty, your clueless, so I won't even respond to you.

Anyway, problems been resolved..move along (that includes you banana)  ;)

[ 09-07-2001: Message edited by: Ripsnort ]

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2001, 01:43:00 PM »
I see what you have is a "Historical Mission" code named "DO-LITTLE".

What would have happend if Doolittle said....my boys are standing down?  I believe he would have been labelled and his career would not have gone very far.

The Doolittle raid was "voluntary" and I think you should post to your boys this is a voluntary mission in which we have 10% chance of making it home, but 100% chance of completeing our objectives.  We will bail after fuel is expended and meet some Phillipine Rebels who will take us to a redezvous point with the USS Swordfish off the coast on Mindanao.  

Take a photo of all the guys that bailed and I'm sure the CM guys will cosider full points to MAG 33.

On the other hand....I think you've lost the edge and MAG 33 should look for  a new C.O. :)  <j/k>

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2001, 01:52:00 PM »
Why was I the only one who even considered moveing the CV closer?

Ripsnort slap yourself silly for the tone you've been useing to the CM's.

Daddog I can't believe you lost your cool that easy.

banana, Sir, Requesting permision for Ozark & I to deal with this matter as we see fit SIR!
(Ozark is setup CM, he's asked for my assistance)

Daddog is correct however in that threatening a no show is NOT the way to deal with an issue.

Last, Ripsnort, expect to use fuel conservation methods in order to fulfill your mission & RTB safely. It WILL be possible, it WON'T neccessarily be easy or convenient. You may not be able to climb as high as you'd like.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2001, 02:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth:
Why was I the only one who even considered moveing the CV closer?

You were not, but I was trying to be a nice guy yesterday and let the CM make this decision, and left the door wide open for the obvious answer...SORRY FOR EVEN diddlyING BRINGING IT UP! I WILL FLY THE diddlyING MISSION AS ORDERED AND RUN OUT OF GAS.!

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2001, 02:18:00 PM »
Rip, I've been trying to stay out of this, but in a tour of duty I would certainly hope some of the missions are difficult if not impossible.

We had a blast trying to CAP a CV over 200 miles from our launch point, trying to make do by refueling and getting bombed on the carrier deck, then the rest trying to make it back having 4 splashdown short of the coast and 1 barely ditch on land.  Never even had the opportunity to fire shots.

The precedent to walk out if you don't like the missions is a very bad one, and makes the old planeset whines pale in comparison.  For some reason I keep getting this image of Dolittle walking out of what anyone would agree was an impossible mission....

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2001, 02:20:00 PM »
So, in short fashion, here is lessons learned:

Never point out a flaw in the missions assigned to you or you'll be labeled the bad guy by the Head CM.  Just fly the mission, and don't ask questions.

See ya guys, enjoy TOD 2  :mad:   :mad:   :mad:

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2001, 02:42:00 PM »
No, the lesson is try to get it settled without publicly threatening to walk out, and if you don't get it settled swallow your pride and fly it anyway.

Offline Hening

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.axion.net/~glenb/main.html
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2001, 04:08:00 PM »
Ripsnort,

As your CO for this evening I am politely asking you to not go AWOL on us tonight.  It sets a negative precident and puts us at risk in the series.  If you are angry, don't take it our on the rest of your team.  We've all worked towards this frame's success and need you and your mates.

Besides, I've informed both Mac and Ike and if you don't show-up they're sending over Patton in a C-47 to squeak slap you.

Hening

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2001, 04:16:00 PM »
Nothing wrong with pointing out mistakes, Rip.  CMs are fallible.  Nobody here thinks you screwed up because you questioned the mission.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2001, 04:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort:

You were not, but I was trying to be a nice guy yesterday and let the CM make this decision, and left the door wide open for the obvious answer...SORRY FOR EVEN diddlyING BRINGING IT UP! I WILL FLY THE diddlyING MISSION AS ORDERED AND RUN OUT OF GAS.!

Ummm...you forgot to say "Sir!" at the end there Rip.   ;)

Offline Phantom121

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2001, 04:46:00 PM »
Something seems amiss with the Hellcats legs Range is listed as 1130 miles internal, combat radius of 350 miles with bombs and rockets on internal fuel.  Check this linkHellcat

Offline sassy sally

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2001, 04:59:00 PM »
MEOOOOOOWWW    MEOOOOOOWWW     HISSS HISSS  :p

I quote from a famous guy  "shut your hole,strap in,and take it out on the bad guys"         famous guy  SALLY OF THE FAT DRUNK BASTARDS   :D

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2001, 05:23:00 PM »
Would everybody just relax?  I see people posting things they are obviously going to regret.  It's just a game.  

Rip, if you can't do your mission as briefed, hit a target of opportunity.  In your AAR point out that the only way to hit your assigned target was to ditch.  You realized you were going to be bingo well before the target and you hit an alternate target so that you would not lose all of your aircraft.  Any rational chain of command would not crap on you for saving your airplanes and would commend you for quick thinking and managing to still inflict damage on the bad guys.  If the target was out of range then it would be simple for the CMs to verify that (given sufficient time) with a test flight, and they could then give you proper credit for your work.  If at that time they do not respond properly THEN you have a beef.

[ 09-07-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2001, 05:30:00 PM »
Well said funked.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2001, 11:52:00 PM »
Pointing out a fault  with a mission as assigned is NEVER a problem.

Loseing your cool and insulting CM's ALWAYS is and ALWAYS will be a problem.

Rip once I said I was on it that should have been the END of this thread.