Author Topic: alt of darbar and dot dar  (Read 1071 times)

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
alt of darbar and dot dar
« on: May 15, 2018, 11:52:45 PM »
Stupid question time... what are the alts to stay under the darbar and dotdar?
Todd

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: alt of darbar and dot dar
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 05:17:05 AM »
250 and 65 feet.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 07:15:08 PM »
Also what is important is to know that a plane on a CV deck will show a dot in the dar circle and that you will have to amazing at juking around trees to stay below dot dar height on land.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 09:58:31 AM »
Also what is important is to know that a plane on a CV deck will show a dot in the dar circle and that you will have to amazing at juking around trees to stay below dot dar height on land.

Also bear in mind if the radar is porked, staying below 250 has the same effect as staying below 65 once you're inside the radar circle.  The base still flashes, and shows no bardar.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 04:00:41 PM »
NOE flying isn't hard, people just can't sit there on autopilot and avoid radar as easily anymore.   :bolt:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 05:25:39 PM »
NOE flying isn't hard, people just can't sit there on autopilot and avoid radar as easily anymore.   :bolt:

I disagree.  Staying below 65 over land on most terrains is difficult.  You've pretty much got to go beside the treetops.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 02:25:37 PM »
I disagree.  Staying below 65 over land on most terrains is difficult.  You've pretty much got to go beside the treetops.

Wiley.
Not to put words in others keyboards,BUT NOE is fairly common referring to DAR BAR/250 and less. People just dont do it anymore. In my opinion its because of mis information. I hear some weird crap these days being put forth as GOSPEL. Lord help you,if you havent been here as long as so-n-so who started that story, cause you wont be heard. Its funny actually. AH urban legends could make a great Novel in Mystery section :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 02:39:17 PM »
Ah, if that's the case then I agree.  Sub-250 is pretty easy in most cases.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 06:31:41 PM »
I'm talking below 65.  It takes SA, a light touch and planning your route through the terrain, but it's not difficult.   I've ambushed plenty of people doing it, especially from mountains where you can get a lot of smash diving and also hide your red icon.  :old:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 01:08:52 PM »
I'm talking below 65.  It takes SA, a light touch and planning your route through the terrain, but it's not difficult.   I've ambushed plenty of people doing it, especially from mountains where you can get a lot of smash diving and also hide your red icon.  :old:

I love NOE that is why I asked. I thought it was 50 feet for dotdar. BUt HTC has changed it from time to time... So I wanted to be sure.

Want fun take Lancs 2 sectors at treetop level.

Todd