Author Topic: Aces High 'Classic'?  (Read 19859 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Aces High 'Classic'?
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2018, 08:11:15 PM »
AH didn't lose the player numbers after any specific change. AH lost players gradually after early 2008 without any substantial changes being made. The was no 'golden' version of AH that everybody played until "things were changed".

amen

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2018, 08:19:26 PM »
the biggest problem was when they removed the sheep!!! no more putting them in the back of the cockpit, no more slamming into one with a tank and stopping dead!!! I miss the sheep!!! I think a lot of people quit because of them!!! it was soooo sad!!!  :devil

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2018, 08:37:34 PM »

One time I was walking and saw this fat lady.
She fell down and I laughed.
Then I thought, "What if I were an ant, and she fell on me?   That wouldn't be very funny."

- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

What if you were her uncle.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2018, 08:48:40 PM »
i dont think our 14.95 is harsh at all but the fact that our game mechanics never change and all the other games do really hurts us and i hate it because i love Aces high so much but it has become boring after doing the same thing for 10 years.

The appearance of constant development and new things being added is a big one.  Particularly when a subscription is involved.

So is the constant community glad handing.  People want to feel involved in development these days.  They want to feel that the designers need and value their input, and they want to see what is planned.  Kinda sounds like communism to me, but that's what people expect.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2018, 10:32:17 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 06:15:53 AM by Skuzzy »
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2018, 11:00:54 PM »
What a stupid thing to say. Ignorance knows no bounds with some here.

I would hate to be your business consultant.

"For those who cannot see their own wrongs and blame others"   Annon

ROX
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2018, 12:02:51 AM »
the biggest problem was when they removed the sheep!!! no more putting them in the back of the cockpit, no more slamming into one with a tank and stopping dead!!! I miss the sheep!!! I think a lot of people quit because of them!!! it was soooo sad!!!  :devil
Sheep are there...Bail out and run into the map room...they are in there. Wait...OH nevermind...its out there NOW :bolt:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2018, 12:12:21 AM »
We use to log on at night to wage war, out witt and out fight our opponents to that end. We were all WWII pilots in our minds if only for a little while.

That's what scenarios are still for.  :aok

There's one coming up in October.
http://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/current-or-next-scenario

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2018, 12:17:04 AM »
That's what scenarios are still for.  :aok

There's one coming up in October.
http://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/current-or-next-scenario
+1,000,000,000  :D Looks to be YET ANOTHER GREAT ONE  :rock Is it October yet :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2018, 01:23:00 AM »
So if the 'no changes' are the problem, then go here

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,387548.0.html

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2018, 01:31:04 AM »
those other games are putting out new tanks/planes/cars out on a regular basis. when was our last one? 

they have better graphics but we can support 1300 people in a arena that we cant get 300 people in

they communicate with their community on projects being worked on and give a time frame we are left in the dark

when other games our putting out new things every 1-3 months and we are waiting years well  people are gonna start to move to the newer things over time.

Iracing you gotta buy Tracks and cars each of them $12-$15 a pop over a thousand dollars in content and it cost $13 a monthly fee.

while Tanks/ships is free dang near no one plays without a premium account. they say free and sucker money out in other ways

world of warcraft is 14.95 a month as well

i dont think our 14.95 is harsh at all but the fact that our game mechanics never change and all the other games do really hurts us and i hate it because i love Aces high so much but it has become boring after doing the same thing for 10 years.

Well said Sir, that's a wise post  :salute

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2018, 02:22:51 AM »
What a stupid thing to say. Ignorance knows no bounds with some here.

Your right behind him ........

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2018, 02:35:04 AM »
Absolutely.

WWII is now over 70 years away, you will hardly find as many young people exposed to and fascinated by (in?) WWII combat airplanes today that back when most of us where young. It's even more pronounced over here. Twenty year olds mostly don't even have grandparents anymore who could remember the 40s.
That's just they way the times are changing.

I barely remember the 40's I would have been 3 years old. In the mid 70's my Uncle invited me to go to England with him for the 40th reunion of the 2nd Air Division 8th Air Force reunion in Norwich.....talk about pictures and stories in the Bar....Priceless

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2018, 03:14:39 AM »
So tell me what changed in AH2 that make the player numbers gradually drop between 2009 and 2016.

PC Culture.  :rofl

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2018, 03:59:03 AM »

Well there we go, bring back the sheep.