Author Topic: AH Ratios  (Read 1511 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
AH Ratios
« on: August 18, 2018, 03:32:03 AM »
I'm trying to unravel selected bits of the statistics data on the scoring pages. I'm really hopeless at statistics and I'm already confused why some ratios are already modified. Are the formulas known and presented anywhere?

For instance, presumably:

Kills Hit Percentage = (hits registered / shots fired) × 100?

Would hits registered be pings anywhere on an enemy's airframe? Or is it to do with hitting some kind of damage box? Also why is there not a separate hit% for primary and secondary weapons (since we have those), or the actual variables recorded somewhere?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: AH Ratios
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 06:06:47 AM »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 08:27:52 AM »
Thank you but what constitutes a registered hit?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 09:02:56 AM »
Thank you but what constitutes a registered hit?

a round hitting an object. There are no "hit bubbles" or "hit boxes" in AH.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 01:37:04 PM »
a round hitting an object. There are no "hit bubbles" or "hit boxes" in AH.

Fugi, brother...

You didn't tell him how you and I (most of the longer time players) know that for a hit to be registered it has to send that info(packet?) to the company's server from your F.E. , then to his/hers opponent and back....for it to count as "registered" hit verses just seeing "rubber bullets" hits just on one's own F.E.

I think I got that right???  It has been a 4 score and 7 blue moons or longer since I answered this particular question

Hope this helps and that I explained it right

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 02:18:58 PM »
Fugi, brother...

You didn't tell him how you and I (most of the longer time players) know that for a hit to be registered it has to send that info(packet?) to the company's server from your F.E. , then to his/hers opponent and back....for it to count as "registered" hit verses just seeing "rubber bullets" hits just on one's own F.E.

I think I got that right???  It has been a 4 score and 7 blue moons or longer since I answered this particular question

TC
It STILL blows my mind..how this all works :uhoh. Some guy/Ca-shoots at  :old:/Tn and it has to go THROUGH :police: and back...at it happens so FAST you cant even fathom :rock What a time to be alive and able to play this game...ok back to regular programming, just every time I see post like this..I try to wrap my head around it  :bolt:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 04:44:17 PM »
Fugi, brother...

TC

If I remember correctly, every hit sprite is a single hit. What you see on your end is what's dealt to the opponent/object. I'm pretty positive it's what you see is what is dealt. Versus, what you see and what they see.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 09:14:15 PM »
What a time to be alive and able to play this game.

And so many people do not appreciate this.

- oldman