Author Topic: Instead of locking planes with ENY, they should be unlocked by points  (Read 5969 times)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
ENY is penalising people for playing the game, if there are more people playing (on one side) the planes get locked.
If people would be unlocking the planes for points it would be the opposite (they would be rewarded for playing).
So instead of locking planes with ENY, just perk the top rides (yak 3, p51, 190d, la7 etc you know the drill).
and if 2 sides will be made, the game instantly will be more enjoyable. (as with 2 sides there will not be a 20 vs 20 vs 8 scenario)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Instead of locking planes with ENY, they should be unlocked by points
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 12:51:44 PM »
You are only penalized if you have not learned to fly a lesser plane.

I rarely notice ENY.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 12:52:38 PM »
You are only penalized if you have not learned to fly a lesser plane.

I rarely notice ENY.
Right now on arena ENY penalizes people because there are 20 on a side, and other side is 8....... so people should log out and not play so remaining 5 can fly the top planes?  :headscratch:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 12:55:46 PM »
Right now on arena ENY penalizes people because there are 20 on a side, and other side is 8....... so people should log out and not play so remaining 5 can fly the top planes?  :headscratch:

Look up top and try the search feature. Lot of information on how it works there.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 12:59:52 PM »
Look up top and try the search feature. Lot of information on how it works there.
I've just seen how it works in the game, the planes get locked out and are not flyable, like I said, it penalizes people for actualy playing the game.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 01:05:26 PM »
It only impacts a player who has chosen to be impacted by it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 01:09:12 PM »
It only impacts a player who has chosen to be impacted by it.

Why not reward players instead of impacting them?

I'd rather find it more enjoyable, if I could purchase for the points i earned through playing, a better plane, then i have to fly an inferior one all the time because other people are also playing.....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 01:12:09 PM by nugetx »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 01:34:22 PM »
It is your choice to be impacted.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 01:36:12 PM »
This is a twist on one of your old wishes we have seen in multiple forms before.  Nope.  -1.  Huh uh.  Not interested.  No way.  Dead horse.  Gong.  Three strikes.  Never gonna happen. Put a fork in your done.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 03:51:31 PM »
I give it a +1

The current system shuts the ENY affected plane out of the game and by extension affects people who like to fly that particular plane.

You can state the premise that they choose to be affected however it is not a choice, it has been imposed.  They can choose to fly another plane or to go do something else.  I can say at times I have chosen to log out and go do other things.

Had I been able to ‘buy’ the ride I would have stayed in game.

There is of course a balance to be had as the impact of people buying late war rides may be worse for the game than the odd person logging out.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 03:59:53 PM »
There is of course a balance to be had as the impact of people buying late war rides may be worse for the game than the odd person logging out.

And there you have it.  Getting swarmed by a horde is always unpleasant.  Getting swarmed by a horde of late-war monsters is worse.  That was the reason for implementation of ENY in the first place.  Inasmuch as this issue is raised on the BBS virtually every week, we probably should assume that HTC continues to assess this balance, and has not concluded that ENY should be changed.

- oldman

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 04:34:21 PM »
Never assume oldman.

30 rooks, 15 bish, 15 knights.  Rooks going to get hit with ENY. 
Both bish and knights are hitting rooks....hmm now numbers are effectively even but rooks have eny.

Ip at a base to defend.  Local numbers 7 of them 2 of us.  Now we are outnumbered over 2 to 1 yet we are the ENY affected.

This does happen quite often.  I logged out on my last break at home because of it.

Just because it worked before does not mean it is working now or could not be improved.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 05:12:43 PM »
The only people who whine about ENY are not capable of getting kills in planes that require skill to fly. -100
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2018, 05:36:06 PM »
Never assume oldman.

30 rooks, 15 bish, 15 knights.  Rooks going to get hit with ENY. 
Both bish and knights are hitting rooks....hmm now numbers are effectively even but rooks have eny.

Ip at a base to defend.  Local numbers 7 of them 2 of us.  Now we are outnumbered over 2 to 1 yet we are the ENY affected.

This does happen quite often.  I logged out on my last break at home because of it.

Just because it worked before does not mean it is working now or could not be improved.
Well you know 15 yrs ago it worked. They say we are beating a dead horse wanting two countries with one front and no eny. I guess they can’t see the forest for the trees. When all the trees are gone it’s harder to see

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 05:39:53 PM »
It is your choice to be impacted.
Change the eny formula to corulate with lower numbers or lower the side switch time or change it to a two country war and we would have more interest in changing side to not be impacted. As it’s set now it sucks and like fess I will now log instead of trying to make your game work the way you want it to.