Author Topic: New Arena connection quality  (Read 5371 times)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Re: New Arena connection quality
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2018, 08:47:25 PM »
The performance on 9-4 seemed fine, the same as the last time I was in the MA.

The jet and B29 arena was fun.
Game handle: HellBuck

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2018, 09:13:48 PM »
Test arena had pings of 33 pretty constantly, occasionally dropping to 17.  Other arenas were steady at around 50.  Flew for about half an hour in the unlimited plane set, and everything seemed to be working fine.

- oldman

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2018, 11:00:26 PM »
  The test arena ping fluctuates between 80 and 90. All other arenas area solid 50.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2018, 11:35:31 PM »
Ya still higher ping rate in test arena than others that's the only thing I don't like everything else I'm a fan.. Takes allot of stress of perks/eny/score out of the game for me.. Well score was never an issue I don't have one
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 01:17:16 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2018, 01:28:10 AM »
My ping was fluctuating between 230 and 240 .... old main was a pretty steady 181

couldn't really gauge with other fighters as it was just a bunch of people in jets buzzing around and no real fighting..... net status was a smidge below the zero and very steady

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2018, 07:44:39 AM »
Melee Test Arena Ping 48 - 51  all others 67 -69.  'test conducted 6 A.M to 8"30 A.M EDST

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2018, 08:31:04 AM »
Ya still higher ping rate in test arena than others that's the only thing I don't like everything else I'm a fan.. Takes allot of stress of perks/eny/score out of the game for me.. Well score was never an issue I don't have one

Hitech should hide scores or move them to a career-based total.  People are fighting and having fun not worrying about scoring.   Such a change could create a trend. 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:49:23 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Litjan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2018, 09:11:29 AM »
Hit ch should hide scores or move them to a career-based total.  People are fighting and having fun not worrying about scoring.   Such a change could create a trend.

No. Score is very important to me - I like to distinguish myself from the "Air Quakers" that dive into any fight just for the sake of it. I try to play this realistically - weighing my chances and not taking risks that are too high. I will HO, run, dive to ack, anything to survive. Real pilots did it exactly like this - they knew the mission is important, but whats more important is to fight another day and bring the airplane back home. Very few targets are worth the ultimate sacrifice - I will dive on a CV in a JU87, just because I know its a chance worth the risk.

Score reflects (albeit imperfectly, but hey) this to a certain degree. Please donīt take it away. I took a short spin in the new test arena, love the better ping and think the short time out from perks and score can be fun - but would not like it to stay that way.

Same goes for ENY and perks - much of the enjoyment for me comes from assessing risk and few things are as exhilariting as bringing a perk-ride back home after a close call...

Cheers, Jan

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2018, 09:51:20 AM »
No. Score is very important to me - I like to distinguish myself from the "Air Quakers" that dive into any fight just for the sake of it. I try to play this realistically - weighing my chances and not taking risks that are too high. I will HO, run, dive to ack, anything to survive. Real pilots did it exactly like this - they knew the mission is important, but whats more important is to fight another day and bring the airplane back home. Very few targets are worth the ultimate sacrifice - I will dive on a CV in a JU87, just because I know its a chance worth the risk.

Score reflects (albeit imperfectly, but hey) this to a certain degree. Please donīt take it away. I took a short spin in the new test arena, love the better ping and think the short time out from perks and score can be fun - but would not like it to stay that way.

Same goes for ENY and perks - much of the enjoyment for me comes from assessing risk and few things are as exhilariting as bringing a perk-ride back home after a close call...

Cheers, Jan

Playing for score is hurting this game in more ways than one.  To each his own.   

If you want score fine, keep it private.   Then you can compete against yourself all you like.   The rest of us will let it all hang out and have fun. 

I say hide it.  Show the tour winner in public for each category at the end and that’s it.   The rest is private. 

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2018, 10:33:06 AM »
Ping times seem to be better. Hoping this test ends shortly...all you see are mostly perk rides flying about / removing the challenge but yes I know encouraging to get people playing for stats.

As for score no it's not hurting the game. It's only hurting the game when you are focused on it. Any achievement based game needs a scoring system and what we have is fine and I enjoy it. I enjoy striving to see where I can be better overall / how to improve my game play in all areas. Helps me focus on where that improvement is needed. Achievements - great too - gives another challenge to achieve within the game. Nothing there needs to be changed.

Cheers,
Elec1

Offline iikie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2018, 11:05:56 AM »
ping in high 40s to low 50s
Slaxer

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2018, 11:23:53 AM »

Cheers, Jan
well I guess if that is what you pay and play for then score away.. However I never take the time to check someone's score when fighting them especially when I don't know who they are until one of us has died.. Takes time that I would rather spend in the game playing..I never judge someone's fighting ability by their score and if you do you probably will find yourself in the tower wondering what the hell just happened.i would judge someone's fighting ability by their ping rate before I would their score.. It's more accurate... Just saying.. Cheers
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 11:42:47 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2018, 01:16:22 PM »
No. Score is very important to me

Score isn't score. "Score" as a whole is used to determine ranking. And the one single most important item to determine total score seems to be total kill points (Lusche may want to correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure). As the amount of time to play is limited for everyone of us (worst case to 30 days times 24 hours), the way to get the most total kill points and thus the highest ranking is to kill as fast as possible. Survival comes second.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2018, 01:22:18 PM »
Score isn't score. "Score" as a whole is used to determine ranking. And the one single most important item to determine total score seems to be total kill points (Lusche may want to correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure). As the amount of time to play is limited for everyone of us (worst case to 30 days times 24 hours), the way to get the most total kill points and thus the highest ranking is to kill as fast as possible. Survival comes second.

Kill points are not even close to enough.

K/H is far more important than points.  Points get you so far and then thousands more will do almost no good whatsoever.  Stop landing kills and ditch them instead.  You'll jump in the ranks.

It's a bizarre system.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Litjan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2018, 02:36:37 PM »
I am not so sure. I donīt get to play as much as some, and I certainly donīt land kills anywhere as fast as some of the guys. I fly and fight carefully, try not to die and donīt dive into fights I have no hope of getting out alive (unless there is a base capture to thwart). Yet my ranking last tour has been around the 20s.

Certainly the ranking system seems to reward my playstyle. Itīs probably me flying in ENY 25 planes most of the time, too.

Litjan