Author Topic: Updating older my older 109's  (Read 7218 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Updating older my older 109's
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2020, 11:31:58 PM »
Outstanding work. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2020, 01:10:30 AM »
 :aok

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2020, 02:45:35 AM »
Another great skin Devil.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2020, 12:29:53 PM »
Yuppity doo dahhh   :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2020, 05:13:46 PM »
Absolutely fantastic work.  I'm sure we all appreciate your fine work as we do the other skinners of the detail put into these skins. Bout 10 to 12 years ago I purchased Corel 10 and was going to get into skinning as a hobby since I retired.  I still have the program but I can't open it due to the fact I lost the log-in numbers needed to use the program.  As it looksnow I have another Coaster.  Ashame.  For over 60 years I've studied Histories of fighter squadrons and individual fighters performance using various sources including the NASM.  And this is a tragedy to me because now that I am retired I do have the time.  One thing I realize is that what I would attempt would fall far short of what the skinners do in this game.  Thanks again for your efforts.  When I do select an aircraft in the Hangar I do so by looking for the names of the skinners.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2020, 05:35:35 PM »
Absolutely fantastic work.  I'm sure we all appreciate your fine work as we do the other skinners of the detail put into these skins. Bout 10 to 12 years ago I purchased Corel 10 and was going to get into skinning as a hobby since I retired.  I still have the program but I can't open it due to the fact I lost the log-in numbers needed to use the program.  As it looksnow I have another Coaster.  Ashame.  For over 60 years I've studied Histories of fighter squadrons and individual fighters performance using various sources including the NASM.  And this is a tragedy to me because now that I am retired I do have the time.  One thing I realize is that what I would attempt would fall far short of what the skinners do in this game.  Thanks again for your efforts.  When I do select an aircraft in the Hangar I do so by looking for the names of the skinners.

Oh, trust me, we all failed miserably at first.   But through trial & error, effort, and a lot of mentoring you can definitely learn.   

There are plenty of free programs out there, including PaintShop Pro (which a number of skinners use, myself included) and Gimp. 

Dive in.  The water is fine.   :salute
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2020, 06:30:41 PM »
Hajo, you should definitely give skinning a shot if you are thinking about it.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2020, 05:58:38 AM »

Wayne, the adobe photoshop programs are free a few versions old.  Its what I used for years.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2020, 02:19:26 PM »
Gentlemen and you too Kenneth :neener: thank you.  I just may do that.  Summertime though I am busy drag racing and going to shows and cruises.  Thanks for the encouragement I'll dive in and give it a try.

Kenneth I do hope all is well with you and your family.  And my best to all of you and your families as well as we experience these difficult times.

I for sure am going to need advice.  Thanks for your kind comments and information.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2020, 06:50:20 PM »
Gentlemen and you too Kenneth :neener: thank you.  I just may do that.  Summertime though I am busy drag racing and going to shows and cruises.  Thanks for the encouragement I'll dive in and give it a try.

Kenneth I do hope all is well with you and your family.  And my best to all of you and your families as well as we experience these difficult times.

I for sure am going to need advice.  Thanks for your kind comments and information.

Drag racing.... I thought you only had a dodge...    :ahand.   :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2020, 08:37:39 PM »

Thanks, doing ok now.  Spent the entire month of January in the hospital, 12 days in ICU on a ventilator drugged to high heaven having halucinations.  Susan caught something and gave it to me.  We both had pneumonia, but mine went real bad.  I died the second day I was there , heart attack, but they got me back. I had  RSV or RVS or something.  Head infectous disease guy said it was the worst case he had ever seen.  So as you can imagine this virus sorta has me worried.  Every trust me, ICU sucks and so does being on a ventilator.  Thank god for the good staff.  They went through a ton of ppe every day. 
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2020, 08:40:08 PM »
Thanks, doing ok now.  Spent the entire month of January in the hospital, 12 days in ICU on a ventilator drugged to high heaven having halucinations.  Susan caught something and gave it to me.  We both had pneumonia, but mine went real bad.  I died the second day I was there , heart attack, but they got me back. I had  RSV or RVS or something.  Head infectous disease guy said it was the worst case he had ever seen.  So as you can imagine this virus sorta has me worried.  Every trust me, ICU sucks and so does being on a ventilator.  Thank god for the good staff.  They went through a ton of ppe every day.

Great to still have ya around Fencer!  <S>

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2020, 09:49:24 PM »

Wow... good to see you back in the fold. It sure puts things in perspective.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2020, 09:52:51 PM »

Kenneth the important point of this is that you are still here.  I am sorry you and your family went through this.  I pray every night and ask to alleviate this problem.  I won't quit until it is gone.

Kenneth, rest and keep you and yours safe.  This will pass.  Besides..........I need someone to needle especially an old friend like you.  ;)
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2020, 10:06:20 PM »
Glad you're still on this side of the dirt, Fencer.  :salute
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com