Author Topic: Ok I have a question here  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
Ok I have a question here
« on: October 20, 2018, 08:56:46 AM »
Should a TU2 be able or out turn a Mosquito or a P47D-11 with half fuel and flaps extended?
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ok I have a question here
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 10:44:05 AM »
100% yes
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 10:54:23 AM »
Weight vs horsepower vs wing area say "absolutely, positively" but I would go after one with a 110.    The TU2 doesn't roll fast but it's not one you want to get into a circle in or even in the vert if below 8000 feet where it's 3700hp can come into play.

I can't wait for the complaints about the PE2 if it shows up some day.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 10:57:16 AM by icepac »

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 12:27:27 PM »
The TU-2 is a fun aircraft to pilot. After I sink a CV I can ditch my drones and get stuck in with the fighters and do fairly well.

I'll usually do this if there is a large ENM cap over a field near to the ENM CV's position and there is minimal friendly participation in the breakout portion of the fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 01:31:47 PM »
It seem like the TU2 never misses a CV drop.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 02:59:12 PM »

Everything goes boom when you have it lined up, calibrate properly and time your release/releases properly. It doens't matter what bomber you are flying, providing it carries enough ords.
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 03:24:09 AM »
Not just enough, but the have to land close enough compared to their size. The tu2 1t bombs are pretty big and the formations is more tight than that of the bigger bombers. Compare to a lanc dropping 500 lbs bombs. It's pretty likely that either the bombs of the left or right drone won't do much damage, and the high salvo required causes the same problem for the first or last bombs dropped.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 04:32:04 AM »
I have noticed this as well! SURE...calibration is your friend but I have watched as the same bomber pilot misses EVERY THING on a base, but on CV...down she goes! Guess it could be that he just excels in judging "Kentucky Windage" on moving targets? It does seem to be an ODD anomaly though :uhoh Also, I guess size matters. They carry some big bombs.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 10:07:26 AM »
Should a TU2 be able or out turn a Mosquito or a P47D-11 with half fuel and flaps extended?
At a high speed, max unsustained turns, no, by a small margin - assuming all start at the same speed.
Sustained low speed turns the TU2 probably can fly slower than the D11. Not sure about the mossie, they are probably close. This may depend on whether the mossie has WEP or not and fuel states.

Bombers in AH are silly good fighters. You would be amazed what a B26 can do. I alway get a kick out of imagining this happening in real life - the waist gunners hanging for their dear life and loose equipment flying inside the fuselage while I throw the bomber around between a redout and a blackout :D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:09:31 AM by bozon »
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 11:09:36 AM »
At a high speed, max unsustained turns, no, by a small margin - assuming all start at the same speed.
Sustained low speed turns the TU2 probably can fly slower than the D11. Not sure about the mossie, they are probably close. This may depend on whether the mossie has WEP or not and fuel states.

Bombers in AH are silly good fighters. You would be amazed what a B26 can do. I alway get a kick out of imagining this happening in real life - the waist gunners hanging for their dear life and loose equipment flying inside the fuselage while I throw the bomber around between a redout and a blackout :D

The 88 did better than the 26 though (pre-update 88. No clue how she handles now), despite the single 7.9(?)mm.  I shot down a 47N (twice in one run, same pilot), F4U and Spit 8 knife fighting with one.  You'd be surprised how SLOW you can get her, and how well she'll move around at that speed.  The last fight I got into with one, I got into a good knife fight with different F4U before he took off one of my horizontal stabilizers.  When the fight inevitably ended up LOW, well, it's what got me, not him.  :)  Sadly, I've forgotten his name but he was no slouch in an F4U.  It was a good long while ago.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 12:35:19 PM »
I hope for more JU88 fighter variants so we can see threads about it.

Do the JU88, Mossie, B26, and TU2 outperform fighters?    No

Can they perform in certain situations that allow them to get guns on, absolutely.

If the fighter matched up against them plays to the strengths of the bombers, he will lose.

This is why you check out every plane in the planeset.     The training arena is great for this because you can quickly check how they perform at various altitudes.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 03:39:21 PM »
The tu2 is probably the best overall bomber in the game because of its versatility. Can kill 4 hangars or wf a town and then convert to fighter mode to deack. Good for bomb****ing gvs too. Perk it!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 06:25:57 PM »

If you're slow enough for flaps almost anyone with enough speed can out-turn you.

If you're both slow the aircraft that can pull more G will turn better.

This makes it easy to test aircraft.

See which aircraft can pull more G at 200 mph for example, and you'll know which one turns better.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 07:37:49 PM »
If you're slow enough for flaps almost anyone with enough speed can out-turn you.

If you're both slow the aircraft that can pull more G will turn better.

This makes it easy to test aircraft.

See which aircraft can pull more G at 200 mph for example, and you'll know which one turns better.

it's not the aircraft sometimes, it's the pilot behind it.  I have outturned many aircraft that should have had no problem outturning me due to the other pilot being too confident and not taking advantage of their own plane.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2018, 04:18:42 AM »
it's not the aircraft sometimes, it's the pilot behind it.  I have outturned many aircraft that should have had no problem outturning me due to the other pilot being too confident and not taking advantage of their own plane.

semp

When you're talking specifically about aircraft performance it's the aircraft, not the pilot.