Author Topic: BowlMA: Vertical Wall Bug.  (Read 381 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
BowlMA: Vertical Wall Bug.
« on: November 21, 2018, 02:52:29 PM »
I have received reports of players climbing their tanks up the vertical walls of the BowlMA central tank caldera to then vulch from 2000ft above the vBases and land large strings of kills unopposed. I finally tested it myself last night, and with some trial and error got a T34\76 up on top. So today with more trial and error offline in a T34\85, I finally filmed the bug that essentialy acts as an escalator and zips your tank up the 2000ft vertical wall behind each vBase.

Getting over the top of the lip takes practice to get the timing of when to stop your tank so you can ease it up and over. I think it's also a bug that a tank can fall down a 2000ft vertical face and not be destroyed when it hits the bottom. When you watch the film the front left quarter of the tank is stuck in the wall which escalates it to the top. That angle is the secret to getting lifted to the top versus facing the wall flat and getting stuck against the wall.

This bug has been allowing a small number of players to create an unfair abusive advantage for themselves due to a bug that makes playing tank combat in the BowlMA central TT not worth your $14.95.

When I tested the walls while creating the caldera tank town to keep them at a steep enough angle to stop tanks. I was testing with the panther which can drive up a 70 degree wall for 2000ft before falling back down. So running straight at the walls will stop tanks. I had no clue a bug existed with the 3D geometry and a tank's physical orientation when touching a wall.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: BowlMA: Vertical Wall Bug.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 03:57:26 PM »
I predict an unusual uptick in GV sorties after this post.

:cool:
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.