Author Topic: What we have been up to.  (Read 29442 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: What we have been up to.
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2018, 08:50:58 AM »
Do you have to go through steam?

No It will also be availible directly from us, end then later on Epic and Oculus.

HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2018, 09:02:22 AM »
Being a pacifist .... I like the Pacific theme.

Offline noman

• Copper Member
      • http://yahoo.com
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2018, 10:44:20 AM »
Will we be able to drop our settings folder right into this game so we do not have to re-setup all the controllers?
Quote by Delirium:
Frankly, I'd rather be a fluffer at a gay porcupine film company than be a CM.
God bless the CMs for putting up with this community.
Sic Pups        MA
412th FNVG   FSO

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2018, 12:07:23 PM »
No It will also be availible directly from us, end then later on Epic and Oculus.

HiTech

I assume you prefer us to get it directly from you, or do numbers on steam look better?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2018, 12:39:56 PM »
Will there be trainers, training arena, training missions, training videos or link to training available at AH3?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2018, 01:53:27 PM »
Will there be trainers, training arena, training missions, training videos or link to training available at AH3?

Because:  There is some risk that AH veterans will view this as an opportunity to harvest seals. 

- oldman

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2018, 01:56:26 PM »

Because:  There is some risk that AH veterans will view this as an opportunity to harvest seals. 

- oldman
:rofl :rofl :rofl
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2018, 02:43:54 PM »
Controls yes.

Interface looks Completely different.
(Image removed from quote.)

So I am confused.  (Not hard to do).

Do you buy plane models per sortie or, once purchased, do you own them forever?  (or do they expire at the end of the month?)

I am still not clear on the hardware requirements.

Will this be browser based?  Can I play on a Mac? Ubuntu?  Use any browser?

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2018, 02:47:25 PM »

HiTech

Congrats on the new product.

Question: Might this game be ported for use on Oculus' new standalone unit, the Quest (which will be available in Spring 2019)?

Reasoning: The Quest will be priced the same as the current Rift ($399, with Touch controllers included, no tracking cameras needed).  It will untethered, fully moblie, and do inside-out, 6-dof tracking,  including of its controllers.  Quest will use the SnapDragon 835 mobile chip, which combines CPU/GPU elements.  It's expected to be a more mainstream-marketable VR hmd.  But... the Snapdragon won't be capable of running the latest, very high-end VR games because of that architecture--and presumably that precludes it from running higher-end flight sims like IL-2, DCS and possibly WT.

If War Online: Pacific runs on the current AH graphics engine, its graphical requirements may possibly (?) make it a candidate for porting to this less powerful SnapDragon-based Quest, opening up yet another user market for HTC.  I don't know if that is possible; but this article provides some clues about its comparison to PC cpu's/gpu's: https://www.pcgamer.com/qualcomms-snapdragon-835-prepares-for-battle-with-intel-and-amd-on-pc/

FWIW,
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2018, 02:53:19 PM »
War Online: Pacific

Basically a match play & tournament arena with earned or purchased "War Cash" For different planes. Online only  with no arena selection.

I'm going to assume there is a free base level fighter that you use to grind(earn) "War Cash". Hope it has an offline mode with drones.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2018, 02:55:48 PM »

- oldman

I hope so.  I always wondered what it must feel like to not be the seal.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2018, 03:51:52 PM »

- oldman

You say that like it's a bad thing.  :D

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2018, 04:43:20 PM »
Congrats on the new product.

Question: Might this game be ported for use on Oculus' new standalone unit, the Quest (which will be available in Spring 2019)?

Reasoning: The Quest will be priced the same as the current Rift ($399, with Touch controllers included, no tracking cameras needed).  It will untethered, fully moblie, and do inside-out, 6-dof tracking,  including of its controllers.  Quest will use the SnapDragon 835 mobile chip, which combines CPU/GPU elements.  It's expected to be a more mainstream-marketable VR hmd.  But... the Snapdragon won't be capable of running the latest, very high-end VR games because of that architecture--and presumably that precludes it from running higher-end flight sims like IL-2, DCS and possibly WT.

If War Online: Pacific runs on the current AH graphics engine, its graphical requirements may possibly (?) make it a candidate for porting to this less powerful SnapDragon-based Quest, opening up yet another user market for HTC.  I don't know if that is possible; but this article provides some clues about its comparison to PC cpu's/gpu's: https://www.pcgamer.com/qualcomms-snapdragon-835-prepares-for-battle-with-intel-and-amd-on-pc/

FWIW,

I can not think of any reason why they would change there API for the new unit. So it should run with the exiting engine.

HiTech

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2018, 06:02:20 PM »
One question

Can we gamble?

Very willing to spend $100 to take other people money.  :police:

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2018, 06:08:24 PM »
I can not think of any reason why they would change there API for the new unit. So it should run with the exiting engine.

HiTech

Thanks for the response, HT.   :aok 
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein