Author Topic: Announcing Target For Today "Leyte, 1944" for end of January  (Read 7115 times)

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
Re: Announcing Target For Today "Leyte, 1944" for end of January
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2019, 02:51:25 AM »
Lol yeah I'd avoid those last couple of messages too if I had the whole scenario thing tied up in a bag.

Your justification for a 24K alt cap in this event is not right you rob the allies of obvious advantages while stifling gameplay overall due to a dumbing down of the event. If the axis dont know not to fight at 30k then shame on them, the bombers are at 18K thats where the fight will be.

I was considering the KI61s myself they will struggle after 22-24k so I might hang out at maybe 25-27k any allies show up you drop down to 20-22K if they wanna follow you great when your fighters show up at 30k they can jump em.

The CM team continues to try to force combat by regulating sides and planes into boxes and not allowing devlopment of leaders and pilots in game to be challenged and meet problems they haven't seen before. You are killing your events slowly smothering them with this dumbing down.

By the end you'll just have a snapshot. But I guess you aughta get it while you can.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

At the same time allowing devlopment of leaders and pilots in game to be challenged and meet problems they haven't seen before is exactly what is being done right now. You can`t just use your technical performance advantages, but you have to face new challenges and how to use teamwork to get the enemy where you want them to be etc. Maybe attack targets before the enemy can even climb to max altitude so alt cap would not matter. This was done in Kuban Scenario when A20 group hit the city object NOE right at the beginning. Of course doing that caused a ruckus on the Luftwaffe side because they were climbing somewhere and not thinking about such possibility. At the same time last minute attack and cease fire hiding is likely never to happen again due to the uproar it created. Sure there are many ways to do things, but assaulting posts that get censored, signing up and then bailing on your guys without saying anything, trying to change the event without having part of it for some time etc do not seem like the way to go.

I am kind of curious what someone who is very critical towards current system could do as a side CO. There seems to be some real energy and determination to beat someone at their own game and he/she could bring people in who avoid current events. At the same time there is a danger that the opposers could just complain and bail. I think I personally understand leadership decisions made for Pantelleria.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2019, 01:35:34 PM »
Registered!

:airplane:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 01:40:00 PM by SlipKnt »
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2019, 06:45:22 PM »
The Jug decision is a judgement call from the "designer"...

You can only dance around that so long, your name is on it. Own it. You're one of the designers. Enjoy it. revel in it. enjoy all the perks it brings with it.

I mean it's an awesome racket, write the events you want to fly in, pick and fly the planes you want to fly in, use ambiguous terms to dodge items like "the designer". Use speed charts to show why you picked planes for fights. I mean it's a great time to be alive as a CM team member.

Anyhow have fun.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2019, 09:56:21 AM »
You can only dance around that so long, your name is on it. Own it. You're one of the designers. Enjoy it. revel in it. enjoy all the perks it brings with it.

I mean it's an awesome racket, write the events you want to fly in, pick and fly the planes you want to fly in, use ambiguous terms to dodge items like "the designer". Use speed charts to show why you picked planes for fights. I mean it's a great time to be alive as a CM team member.

Anyhow have fun.

You have an extremely skewed view of how this works. If I honestly decided what event would be ran every time, we would never leave the Eastern Front or enter 1943.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2019, 02:15:09 PM »
You have an extremely skewed view of how this works. If I honestly decided what event would be ran every time, we would never leave the Eastern Front or enter 1943.

You do understand the great irony in your comment I trust.  Nice to see you've seen the light :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2019, 02:49:33 AM »
Ki-45's/Bf 110C's turned out to be fine attack planes.

Ki-45's had an average (over the event) of about 4-5 pilots.  They destroyed 29 bunkers, sank 29 ships, had 27 successful strafes, and generated 202 points for the Emperor's Imperial Japanese Army Air Forces.

Thank you, Devil, for the Ki-45 skin that made us look sharp as well!  :aok