Author Topic: FSO Rules Reminder  (Read 6453 times)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Re: FSO Rules Reminder
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 01:32:45 PM »
It's going to happen. Period.

I know I made the comment during last FSO:

"Well this is sure way to find friendly fire!" as 12 of us green guys are foaming at the mouth for a kill.

Just felt like Christmas to me, what with all the lights in the sky around my canopy!   :salute

I'd be more upset with the squad-mate's cat "testing" guns on the runway at launch.  :bhead
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 02:07:13 PM »

I'd be more upset with the squad-mate's cat "testing" guns on the runway at launch.  :bhead
I would have preferred the runway KB.  I could have re-upped!  this was after hostilites had started so fields were closed and my Spit was limed for the rest of the game.  One cannon gone and chunks of the right wing gone!  LOL  All of this and we merged with 109's minutes later...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 03:01:57 PM »
This FSO I have had two people shooting over my shoulder who got an earful. First time it's ever happened in years... I put it down to new guys. I think the more experienced guys know you need to get close in early war rides, and the less patient ... well.

If you missed my post from frame 2, Dantoo's squadies got assists on him. I was on Dantoos 6 (he was a 109, I was a P-40). I got a call that 2 109s were going to clear the 109 I was on. I figured two things, we were mid frame so they were likely out of 20mm, and I was so close to this 109 they be hitting him if they shot at me. And I was correct.

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2018, 03:36:51 PM »
I have heard much worse things said on range than what I have said. Nonetheless, apparently I hurt some feelings, so I did indeed apologize well before this thread was created. However, if I am shot by a friendly again where they are obviously not in a position to be shooting, I’ll let them know.
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2018, 07:05:36 PM »
I have the film and was right there.

First, this is bad for the community that this has carried on so long when all it would have taken is an apology for cussing at someone in the heat of a battle. We all get an adrenaline dump in a dog fight. I have dropped an F bomb my self, just not calling other players names.

Second, it is true that there is friendly fire probably every week. The difference is how we handle it. I like story that Waystin told.

There is was too much over the shoulder firing going on, but we have all been around long enough to know that it goes on and should just break away and find the next red guy. I do that all the time.

So I am NOT going to post the vulgarities laced video

I do not want these screen shots to add to the fire. I want them to stop it so we all can see what Morf saw.

It is true that Batz is shooting at a red guy although it is a P-40 not a Hurri. But not having the film and that fight was intense, he just does not remember.

Also if you look, you can see that Batz is under Morf in a near vertical dive

Then Batz pulls up and flies directly into Morfs guns

Morf had no way of seeing that Batz was there until he appeared flying perpendicular to Morfs flight path

Gun site view shows the fact that Batz was only there for a split second and Morf apologized right away even though had Batz looked up before he pulled up he could of seen the bottom of Morfs plane

Canadians are a different people and way more polite than most. They do not use that language, at least not that I have ever heard. They do speak French at times, so maybe that is how they cuss at people, I would not know. We have several Canadians in the squad with us Americans. I enjoy flying with them, they are a nice group.
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2018, 08:23:55 PM »
Sorry, Ditto, but your screen shots do not tell the whole story. The moment you show is not the first shot either of them took at the P-40. Nor were they the only ones in a position to engage the P-40. The screen shots you posted were taken 7 seconds after Morph's first shot that this P-40, at a moment when Batz was clearly in view in front of him.

Morf's POV

Morf's external view to give a better view of what was happening. Batz is in prime position to take the P-40. The tracers from the left are from me - also in a good firing position.

External view of my 110 at the same moment.

I cannot see Batz or Morf  but their tracers soon after indicated to me that there were more fighters on that P-40 and I disengaged when he split-S'd. Morf should have done the same given that he was the 3rd man in.

This is the moment Morf fired the rounds which hit Bats, seven seconds later.

Yeah, Batz's language was a bit harsh in the heat of the moment, but if Morf(or anyone else) can't handle some salt fired their way, they need to be careful of where they shoot their lead. Words can't damage an airplane - unlike friendly bullets.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 08:29:02 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2018, 08:32:09 PM »
OK

Sorry

I am done

Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2018, 11:03:23 PM »
Thanks devil, it could not have been explained better. We have dissected this enough, we have said our parts. Time to drop it.
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2018, 12:22:03 AM »
 :banana:
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2018, 07:04:12 AM »
CO's need to wrap this one up.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2018, 08:05:56 AM »
I do not see where there is any need to continuously hear "F-Bombs" and "G**D***s" repeatedly along with "M*****F*****s" throughout the frame of a FSO event, nor any special event, whether it be a Scenario or it be KOTH or any other event....

If one would not verbally speak like this while eating out in public with their family or verbally speak out using this type of language during a company meeting or in a conference call with 3 different state officials, the Secretary of the DOE and the Base CO of NAS Jax... or one would not use this language around children ranging 18 down to  new-born and all young and older Females...

then why do you think that it is acceptable in this game, or in FSO, or in any Special Event?

I'm no Saint, and I have fouled up before.... but no where near like I have heard over local/range VOX these past 2 FSO Frames!

Had I asked any of you kindly to refrain from using such fouled mouth language and any of you was sitting any where within my reach, and you kept on repeatedly using that type of language....

you would have found yourself trying to pick your rear up off the floor along with your teeth, from where I just backfisted you square in the mouth....

it's bad enough that people have to ask others to kindly refrain from using such filth, while talking over the local/range channel.............but to have to repeatedly ask some to refrain is too much

I bet that 99.9% of those who do this, would not DARE openly talk like that in front of their Mother with their Dad anywhere near.......

be nice if squads would self police.... keep that crap on squad vox, if your squad allows it.......keep it off of local/range channel

Cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2018, 08:44:31 AM »
I do not see where there is any need to continuously hear "F-Bombs" and "G**D***s" repeatedly along with "M*****F*****s" throughout the frame of a FSO event, nor any special event, whether it be a Scenario or it be KOTH or any other event....

If one would not verbally speak like this while eating out in public with their family or verbally speak out using this type of language during a company meeting or in a conference call with 3 different state officials, the Secretary of the DOE and the Base CO of NAS Jax... or one would not use this language around children ranging 18 down to  new-born and all young and older Females...

then why do you think that it is acceptable in this game, or in FSO, or in any Special Event?

I'm no Saint, and I have fouled up before.... but no where near like I have heard over local/range VOX these past 2 FSO Frames!

Had I asked any of you kindly to refrain from using such fouled mouth language and any of you was sitting any where within my reach, and you kept on repeatedly using that type of language....

you would have found yourself trying to pick your rear up off the floor along with your teeth, from where I just backfisted you square in the mouth....

it's bad enough that people have to ask others to kindly refrain from using such filth, while talking over the local/range channel.............but to have to repeatedly ask some to refrain is too much

I bet that 99.9% of those who do this, would not DARE openly talk like that in front of their Mother with their Dad anywhere near.......

be nice if squads would self police.... keep that crap on squad vox, if your squad allows it.......keep it off of local/range channel

Cheers

TC

[/thread]
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2018, 09:16:56 AM »
This discussion is over. January FSO will be posted soon and I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable New Year Celebration.

:salute
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2018, 09:40:50 AM »
 :D

Have a happy new year everyone!

Remember: Friendly fire can happen whilst out drinking too! Jokes hurt feelings... :devil  :bolt:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2018, 05:16:40 PM »

Cheers

TC
FSO is no where near any of these official events you have mentioned. FSO is much more aligned to a night out partying. However, things seem to have declined pretty harshly and this party seems to be wrapping up. If I’m banned for cussing out someone for doing something they shouldn’t be that will really show how low things have gone.
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack