Author Topic: Building a small library of Bf109K videos  (Read 3627 times)

Offline novice

• Copper Member
Building a small library of Bf109K videos
« on: February 07, 2019, 03:01:33 PM »
In my noob attempt to educate myself about AH3 and in particular about flying 109K4 I am putting together a small library of AH videos that I found helpful. I will be making these available by hosting the original .AHF format and also by uploading them on YouTube.
The reason for YouTube upload is the fact that a lot of good training videos are made and only playable in AH2. I was luck to be persistent enough, ask for help and received it from Bizman who was kind enough to dig around and send me both AH@ installer and terrain folder. Seeing that more than few ppl were having same issue as me I decided to upload and host both of these files and make them available.
Both are contained in this short Help thread.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,396095.0.html

I was fortunate enough to find old Agent 360 videos (20 narrated ones) and I will post them on YouTube as well making them available in AHF format. I have not come across Agent360 in years and hope if he ever reads this he is ok with me posting his videos on YouTube. The narrated videos by him helped me turn around my 109 flying in a couple of days. I did not become an ace but they helped me at least understand and more importantly recognize when I made mistakes. It also though me to record the videos of fights I lost and review them from my enemy’s point of view. What did I do that made it so easy to get killed? I studied speeds and apparent energy stats etc. In this regard AHF are more important to study but watching YouTube videos is still better than just aimlessly dying every 5 mis in a furball. I am still a noob at AH but I remember how frustrated I would get at times. This is a game after all and should be fun and learning experience.
Banter over. Any who, I was lucky to come across Joach1m last night playing and I remembered his name come up when 190A4 flying was mentioned. I asked him for some videos and was sad to hear he lost all old videos to storage issues of one kind or another. If you have any of the old Joach1m videos and would like to share them I would greatly appreciate it. He was happy to provide me some AH3 films and has agreed to let me upload them to YouTube as well. I assure youif you are an aspiring 109 jock  you will find them helpful.
Here is him working B17’s at about 20k and you will appreciate the work he put in to it. B17 is one tough bird. Then a Ki84 shows up…..

https://youtu.be/yu52Qc4traw

Here is Joach1m upping to defend a base and chase low Lancaster’s. Note the repeat of the setup for the shot.

https://youtu.be/d1cLLuL4Qvo

Here is a good Duel in a FW190A5 Vs A C202

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQVC0UNL9VE

Agent 360 Youtube Links:

https://youtu.be/SDdux-k11r0   Torque Roll

https://youtu.be/TS0ox8pjvL8    Vertical Reversal

https://youtu.be/4VnRB3AeEDk        Working low and slow base defending

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 05:59:50 PM by novice »

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Building a small library of Bf109K videos
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 03:39:55 PM »
 :aok :aok

Hope they all help!
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 05:18:54 PM »
Thank you brother I cant tell you how much these help, my bomber approach was always screwed up and I never got any hits on bombers if I came in from 1 or 11 o'clock positions because how I would set up the shot

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 06:53:55 PM »
Thank you brother I cant tell you how much these help, my bomber approach was always screwed up and I never got any hits on bombers if I came in from 1 or 11 o'clock positions because how I would set up the shot
crossing shots and let the bombers fly into your bullets :)
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 09:32:29 PM »
novice ( btw, is that your gameid also?)

You will be able to learn 50 times more from watching actual AH films  verses watching videos, that is just a straight up fact

not saying that youtube videos of AH,AH2 and AH3 are not helpful, some are....just letting you know that actual  AH films, you can slow the fight down ride in each plane, turn on trails, look and view the fight as well as the speed of both planes ( all planes in the fight ) and see how it came to fruition, and all played out

Having others critique your films of your own fights is recommended, for we can review your films and see if you are having problems at any stage of the fight

is good to see people taking an intrest in learning their favorite plane, but you need to learn all the different planes of your opponents as well

I've been playing online WW2 combat flight sims since 1993 regularly, and I still learn something new everyday, whether I am in the game playing, watching a film or reading someone else's discussion

Hope This Helps and Best of Luck to you...

~S~

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 11:07:22 PM »
He has the raw .ahf films that I sent him TC.

He just uploaded them to YouTube for the ease of other to see the films while not having film viewer available.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 12:05:22 AM »
 :aok

He has the raw .ahf films that I sent him TC.

He just uploaded them to YouTube for the ease of other to see the films while not having film viewer available.
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline xxIENAxx

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 06:59:25 AM »
+1
367th "Dynamite Gang"
In game name IENA since Tour 59

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 09:52:58 AM »
Here is a good walk through of practice drills for any 109 pilot

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,272726.15.html

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 02:13:27 PM »
Agent360 Narrated Videos AHF format. Note this will only work if you install AH2 and use the built in film viewer.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QCVIQyQs5NEEIpHjdxvE3tEbBKZIdNwh

Latest addition: all 18 narrated Agent360 videos uploaded to my Youtube channel, also I tagged them as Agent360 and 109k4 in case you forget my link.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH3iKrrQnUaimunnZLa5vEA?

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 04:23:36 PM by novice »

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 05:27:37 PM »
Best BFM video compilation I was able to find to date.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnyigzFtHeNr9zTkpxyD0ksFD3CwLa2UE

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 02:47:22 AM »
Best BFM video compilation I was able to find to date.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnyigzFtHeNr9zTkpxyD0ksFD3CwLa2UE
ABSOLUTELY! These films opened my eyes to every thing I was missing on my own! Still took some time but having these as a starting point, really cut down on my learning time! Agent 360's films were great as well! Between these and Latrobe's and Voodu15's films...really helped a lot! Wish they were still active! Now Novice...you do realize that watching all these great Teachers will eventually make you change your name? Novice...yeah , right lol You are getting better, every time I run into you! Not a bad thing mind you....just I am old and need you to "Slow your roll" a wee bit LOL :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 07:30:53 AM »
"Novice" is a very good name to fool those wanting an easy kill. Just let them kill you once or twice and come back to the same location with the same plane... Not to mention, for the times you want to make them kill you, dive like a spear from high above, empty your barrels in a long burst missing sadly and struggle not to auger before starting to wobble in front of their nose with all your E lost. :evil:
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 03:23:09 PM »
ABSOLUTELY! These films opened my eyes to every thing I was missing on my own! Still took some time but having these as a starting point, really cut down on my learning time! Agent 360's films were great as well! Between these and Latrobe's and Voodu15's films...really helped a lot! Wish they were still active! Now Novice...you do realize that watching all these great Teachers will eventually make you change your name? Novice...yeah , right lol You are getting better, every time I run into you! Not a bad thing mind you....just I am old and need you to "Slow your roll" a wee bit LOL :rock

I am glad someone else has found them helpful as well. I keep watching them over again in my idle time. Thank you on your kind words, still got a loooong ways to go. But at least I dont die as quick. <S>

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 03:26:35 PM »
"Novice" is a very good name to fool those wanting an easy kill. Just let them kill you once or twice and come back to the same location with the same plane... Not to mention, for the times you want to make them kill you, dive like a spear from high above, empty your barrels in a long burst missing sadly and struggle not to auger before starting to wobble in front of their nose with all your E lost. :evil:

Haha it works like that sometime. Usually Ill have to suck them in a barrel roll of a sorts and then when they start to scissor across my gunsight its tatter to the rescue. Its cool when it works. Train45 dont fall for it tho......