Author Topic: Staged Mission: #AILivesMatter  (Read 1804 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Staged Mission: #AILivesMatter
« on: February 08, 2019, 12:04:58 AM »
I'm not sure which way to write this one up.  :O

In my arena settings in my offline terrain config, I have killshooter checked.  However, I am able to execute each of my wingmen.  Yeah, I'm sick.  :t

*1.  Does killshooter not apply to AI, or does it not apply in offline?  (I think it should both. IMHO)

So I wondered if it was just because I was offline, so I logged into the Mission Arena and spawned into the "Run in the Jungle" mission.

*2.  When I spawned in the formation, all the bomber gunners were shooting all the other friendly bombers in the formation.  So, yeah, that was weird.  :O

I checked the arena settings there and killshooter was off so I couldn't test my theory.

*3.  So the traitor gunners aside (that's a whole different topic) , shouldn't killshooter be on in the mission arena?  Couldn't a griefer spawn in the mission and kill other players and kill the flights AI wingmen just to grief?

*4. Shouldn't kill shooter apply offline if checked, and/or apply to AI?   

Oh, and the whole "Run in the Jungle Mission"  seems FUBAR.  I spawned in the flight and everyone's gunners started shooting every wingman (except for the ones I shot myself to test killshooter  :D) then the smoking survivors flew a little further, we saw some zero approaching but they never got close enough to attack before they warped off, then we warped off too and reappeared at out base to land.    WTF. :noid

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Staged Mission: #AILivesMatter
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 10:17:37 AM »
I'm not sure which way to write this one up.  :O

In my arena settings in my offline terrain config, I have killshooter checked.  However, I am able to execute each of my wingmen.  Yeah, I'm sick.  :t

*1.  Does killshooter not apply to AI, or does it not apply in offline?  (I think it should both. IMHO)

So I wondered if it was just because I was offline, so I logged into the Mission Arena and spawned into the "Run in the Jungle" mission.

*2.  When I spawned in the formation, all the bomber gunners were shooting all the other friendly bombers in the formation.  So, yeah, that was weird.  :O

I checked the arena settings there and killshooter was off so I couldn't test my theory.

*3.  So the traitor gunners aside (that's a whole different topic) , shouldn't killshooter be on in the mission arena?  Couldn't a griefer spawn in the mission and kill other players and kill the flights AI wingmen just to grief?

*4. Shouldn't kill shooter apply offline if checked, and/or apply to AI?   

Oh, and the whole "Run in the Jungle Mission"  seems FUBAR.  I spawned in the flight and everyone's gunners started shooting every wingman (except for the ones I shot myself to test killshooter  :D) then the smoking survivors flew a little further, we saw some zero approaching but they never got close enough to attack before they warped off, then we warped off too and reappeared at out base to land.    WTF. :noid

Kill shooter does not apply to AI because they should never target friendlies.

If they are targeting friendlies it's a bug and ill take a look.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 10:40:34 AM »
Kill shooter does not apply to AI because they should never target friendlies.

If they are targeting friendlies it's a bug and ill take a look.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. 

I was able to shoot my AI wingmen  in an offline Staged Mission even though killshooter was checked.

The AI shooting friendlies in the "Run in the Jungle" mission online in the mission arena is really a second issue.  I suspect that one is another instance of the traitor bug I mention in https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,394950.0.html.  Since they are not fighters though, they don't chase each other, but their gunners start shooting their friendlies.

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 10:51:08 AM »
Sorry, I wasn't clear. 

I was able to shoot my AI wingmen  in an offline Staged Mission even though killshooter was checked.

The AI shooting friendlies in the "Run in the Jungle" mission online in the mission arena is really a second issue.  I suspect that one is another instance of the traitor bug I mention in https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,394950.0.html.  Since they are not fighters though, they don't chase each other, but their gunners start shooting their friendlies.

Kill shooter should apply to any target a real person shoots based on it's setting. Note variables can changed if the load vars option is check with a mission.

HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 11:01:10 AM »
Kill shooter should apply to any target a real person shoots based on it's setting. Note variables can changed if the load vars option is check with a mission.

HiTech

OK.  Then that might be worth taking a look at because I'm not sure it is working. 

I do have a vars file that gets loaded by my mission, but after the mission loaded, I verified my setting in the clipboad and it showed checked before I shot my wingmen. 

Again, this was on a offline  staged mission if that matters (which I wouldn't think it would).

Hmmm.  Maybe it is the mission loading the vars file incorrectly.  Tonight I'll make a mission without a vars file and set it manually in the clipboard before I shoot my wingmen to test that case.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 11:20:24 AM »
After looking at the code I miss spoke Kill shooter is allways disabled for all drones, not sure why, ill look at the history if I really wish it that way.

Found one thing that could create the drones targeting other drones. But it would be a timing issue where some times they did , some times the didn't.
Did you observe this on off off line?

HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 11:42:06 AM »
After looking at the code I miss spoke Kill shooter is allways disabled for all drones, not sure why, ill look at the history if I really wish it that way.
OK.  Offline, it's obviously not that big a deal.  I could see it leading to griefing in the Mission Arena. 

Found one thing that could create the drones targeting other drones. But it would be a timing issue where some times they did , some times the didn't.
Did you observe this on off off line?

Interesting.  I've suspected it was something timing related.  I've seen it both online in the "Run in the Jungle Mission" and in the offline mission I posted to the traitor bug post.

When I've seen it, it is always when the mission starts (air start) with the first waypoint already in a attack or patrol segment.  It's like the AI hasn't had time to get it's head screwed on tight before it had to go aggressive and gets confused about who the bad guys are. And yes, every once in a while, it wouldn't.

In my own missions, I've found I can mostly avoid that behavior by using a sacrificial waypoint as I describe here: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,395857.0.html

Possibly that works because it gives the AI long enough to get initialized properly before going into aggressive mode.   (And also maybe it is a similar issue with them getting lost?)

:salute,
CptTrips
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 11:44:14 AM by CptTrips »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 01:26:21 PM »
Kill shooter is now enabled, and a possible bug fix for the gunners shooting friendlies is now in place on line.

If you wish, testing testing it would help me out.

Thanks
HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 01:37:23 PM »
Kill shooter is now enabled, and a possible bug fix for the gunners shooting friendlies is now in place on line.

If you wish, testing testing it would help me out.

Thanks
HiTech

Awesome sauce!  I'll test it when I get home this evening.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 06:07:24 PM »
So I first spawned in "Splash" and definitely killshooter was enabled.  The AI wingmen I shot were undamaged, but I was .  Good.

I then waited and spawned in "Run through the Jungle".  First time I hung.  I waited a long time hoping it would crash with a dmp file but it never did.  I had to kill the process.

I spawned in "7 Minute ABS" and it worked same as "Splash".  Good.

Waited for the next cycle of "Run through the Jungle" and this time it didn't hang and the buffs weren't shooting each other.  Good.
However when I shot my AI wingmen, even though they appeared to not take damage, None was applied to me either.  I emptied my whole mag into one and he kept on flying. 

Film attached in case it has info that will help.

:salute,
CptTrips