Author Topic: Textures  (Read 468 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Textures
« on: September 27, 2000, 10:18:00 AM »
I posted this in "general" sections but it really belongs here.
--------------------------------------------

In the new version of the editor there is a "tex" dir under the "terrains" dir. In there are the 17 numbered bitmaps that make up a terrain.

Tile 0 must always be water. It is treated differently than the other tiles in that it does not currently allow any transition tiles.

Tiles 1-5 are your five basic terrain type tiles. They should be seamless so that they can be repeated without artifacts.

Tiles 6-15 are transition tiles between permutations of the basic five.

Tile 16 is another special case tile that is usually used for snow. It only has one transition (bitmap 17) so it must only border that one other terrain type.

Any of the tiles that you wish to modify must be copied from the "tex" to your particular terrain folder under the "terrains" dir (e.g. for me that would be "newterr"). They are edited there and the editor will automatically pick them up and use them when it loads up that terrain for editing.

Note: There is also an of order precedence between the textures determining which textures blend into which others. If you take note of that and simply follow the pattern established by the original textures you should be ok.

I hope this help you out. The texture editing feature came out after the editor beta was over else we would have added this information to of documentation for your Convenience. If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Wab

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.