Author Topic: flickering of town/field objects  (Read 2654 times)

Offline firebird

• Zinc Member
Re: flickering of town/field objects
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 09:13:43 PM »
ok i went in game and took 3 more videos, each video flying over a town with a different graphics setting, and took screen shots of the settings. Still has bad flicker on all objects. No idea where to go from here

Offline firebird

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2019, 04:05:12 AM »
Ok ive been trying many different things last night and today to try and fix the issue. It appears i have the newest driver installed for my chipset now "from 2018". Here is a list of the things ive tried to stop the flickering of objects.

1.Check for driver updates for GPU,CHIPSET, ETC.

2. Tried all different kinds of video settings on my NVIDIA setting, There is alot of options on some settings to do "application controlled" or you can change them such as anisotopic filtering, antialaising, max pre rendered frames,vertical sync, ETC. I tried putting almost everything on MAX and not doing application controlled, something i did seemed to smooth the edges around the auto turret dirt mounds, but still had flickering. Now i restore defaults and still no fix.

3.I played with all the ingame settings, Like turning reflection off and watching for flickering, if no change i would enable agin and try turnign off another setting such as shadows. Ive tried every kind of combination of ingame graphic settings i can think of with no fix for flicker.

4. I tried the video settings on the clipboard before you enter the game. Changed mas texture size from 4096 to the lower one, no change. I dissabled v-sync "framerate testing only", no change.

5. I deleted some other games and free up more space on my HARD DRIVE, have 510gb free.

6. I tried launching the game through steam " didint know this was an option till now" but it wouldint start, i assume its for VR only. I tried running game in DX9, No change from DX11.

7. I uninstalled the game, re-installed, left all settings on default, no change.

8. Hit the monitor with an empty beer can, no change. j/k

So im just wondering why no one else has had this issue ever? Is it only me? Seems kinda weird as im using the same cpu/gpu as alot of guys. I made another video after re-installing , but im wondering if you are seeing the same thing as i record on the AH film viewer, or maybe its on my screen only? I may take a video with my phone to upload so you can see exactly what i see. The flicker of objects start on the runway with the auto turret dirt mounds, the edges around the mound are already flickering. After getting alt even less than 10k the town buildings start to flash/flicker/ phase in and out/ no render properly? And also the hangers and field objects.

Anyone have any suggestions to try just let me know, im willing to try anything. Maybe a new HDMI cable? Hell i dunno, the one i got is expensive.
Thanks for the time helping me with this issue, The game is beautiful, but the flickering completely kills any immersion and also makes it hard to see what objects are destroyed.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 04:26:37 AM by firebird »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2019, 05:23:50 AM »
I get some flickering as well, mostly around the shore batteries. They look like they can't decide if the transition should be underground or visible, so every second horizontal line is ground and the other concrete, changing places several times a second.

If Gigabyte provides Win10 drivers for your motherboard on their support site, they most likely are good. If not, you can try the Intel support site as well. Also, instead of the latest video card drivers you can try the latest ones before the release of the Geforce 2000 series.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline firebird

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2019, 06:25:15 AM »
ok thanks man, it might just be a normal thing i guess. <S> :cheers:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2019, 10:43:10 AM »
The only settings change Hitech mentioned was the object detail slider. Make sure it's not full left.

The MB chipset driver was not a fix for flickering, just a general improvement.

The Steam installation should work the same but you don't need both on your PC. I think the only difference is no DX9 version in Steam.

When you post AH film we don't see what you see, we see what our PC displays. To see what you see requires a video capture.

Some flicking is normal in my experience.

Offline firebird

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2019, 03:40:52 PM »
Ok thanks for the reply. We can close the thread or whatever i guess. <S>

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2019, 11:27:59 AM »
Take a look at this thread see if anything in it might help.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,394942.0.html
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.