Author Topic: Late war Plane dillema  (Read 39142 times)

Offline novice

• Copper Member
Late war Plane dillema
« on: March 31, 2019, 03:12:07 PM »
This is per Gflyer
“It is not the average pilot that makes the late war planes boring, it’s the experts who don’t fly anything but them that’s hurting  gameplay.  Spit 16s, p51ds, Dora’s, yak3s, LA7s, and F4U-1A..  that’s about the only fight you find anymore, perks and eny should be adjusted but so that if you have X number of kills you should have to pay more for them, lots more. 

Normal caveats: this is only my opinion and not meant to counter the self-appointed board monitors opinions on what is best for the game. “

I thought this was the most worthy contribution to a thread that got locked out. Now please without any #4 rule violations can we continue on with this disussion.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Late war Plane dillema
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 03:21:31 PM »
Just because a player is "skilled", they shouldn't be penalized.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 03:40:01 PM »
I understand your angle but a skilled player would be able to have fun flying mid war plane in such enviromet. What im trying to get to..

Altho im perfectly happy with the game the way it is I also understand the plight of some ppl that are not happy with the unbalance.

I think the issue we are facing player base that is 20%  super skilled and 80% average. It would be easier to make MA more balanced by limiting use of 5eny planes by 20% er than waiting for the other 80% to catch up, wich we honestly never will.

I would venture to say a lot more newbs in d9 or spit 16 would turn and fight a g14 or something along that line than another Spit 16 or god fobid La-7.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 04:03:06 PM »
In this game, HT has done his best not to implement personal penalties. ENY and perks are applied to every player, one for arena balance and one as a reward for time or skill or both. The answer to one's personal misery, regarding either, is not to change the game to suit their frustration but to encourage them to play the game, as is, and learn that it is just as enjoyable as it was when they first got hooked. The recommendation to penalize the players that have devoted themselves to achievement in this game is reckless and thoughtless (though I don't think such may have been premeditated). Complaints of personal experiences as an excuse to re-code the game that give no thought to the experiences of the community as a whole or of consequences .... under the guise of being a wholesome recommendation of improvement for all are not to be lauded, imo. One may try to encourage the players with more skill in the game to step down to mid-war or early-war planes to make the game easier (supposedly 'funner') for the less skilled, and that is an understandable perception .... but to demand coding that forces them to is another thing, entirely.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 04:20:29 PM »
I understand your angle but a skilled player would be able to have fun flying mid war plane in such enviromet. What im trying to get to..

Altho im perfectly happy with the game the way it is I also understand the plight of some ppl that are not happy with the unbalance.

I think the issue we are facing player base that is 20%  super skilled and 80% average. It would be easier to make MA more balanced by limiting use of 5eny planes by 20% er than waiting for the other 80% to catch up, wich we honestly never will.

I would venture to say a lot more newbs in d9 or spit 16 would turn and fight a g14 or something along that line than another Spit 16 or god fobid La-7.

Define balance in regards to Aces High. Be specific, I know the general definition.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 04:44:48 PM »
So funny watching people try to bypass Hitech when he locks a thread. 

IN. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 05:21:30 PM »
He locked it because well ppl did not contribute to it and it turned in to squeak out fest.

I meant the playerbase either its a Jock or guy flying with the mouse type of stuff. No middle class so to speak.

Then the same jocks are flying spit16 a average player not to mention a newb has no chance wining.

I first played 10 or so year ago. Could not turn to save my life and gv and bombers did not interest me a bit. Wanted to fly german planes and found a very good German squad to fly with, strictly german no other planes allowed in MA.

Meet a newb there , Yenny who joined at the same time and we had fun. Eventually because we could not do turny stuff we gravitated to 190d and flew as wingman.
Became good at it and ppl squeaked so much about two of us picking we got thrown out of the squad.

I quit playing shortly there after so did Yenny he came back few year later judging by the post here. Never heard from him since.

So there is no mechanism in place to teach ppl how to play, newbs cant turn fight then when they turn to picking everyone crys for help.

You got to try and see this from newbs perspective as well.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 05:29:01 PM »
So you think there should trainers and a training arena and maybe a trainer's website to help players?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 05:50:53 PM »
Hitech needs a step by step arrow pointer with captions for newbies to give them a tour to demonstrate how everything works. 

I've tried to help dozens of people crashed on the side of the runway firing their guns or stuck at the runway spawn doing the same.   They can't even figure out how to type HELP.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 05:56:09 PM »
Having a training session or two is not going to help a newb get better , it takes hours upon hours of playing to get any better.

What Vracio is saying instructional. Took me days to take of and it was in a Stuka at that. Not sure how it is nowdays time with a trainer was super hard to schedule and get I had only one TA session before I quit

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 06:02:11 PM »
This youtube chanell thought me more than 200 hours of flying around and getting killed it has the visual aids necessary. Why cant we get something like that in a AH tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnyigzFtHeNr9zTkpxyD0ksFD3CwLa2UE
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 06:05:09 PM by novice »

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 06:35:37 PM »
Well I am of the opinion the average player is not the one that complains about the usage of the boring plane's. It's the better skilled player that complains because they know the flow of the game more than anything and can point there finger to the problem. However the average player has the same frustrations but can't name the problem as well.

There is a group of players that make the game a dragg to play. It's not necessary that these player's are good, but the way they fly and certain planes will make them never do anything else that be midiocer and put the game in a state of hit and run. Whiles I do not want anyone to have to change there flying style I do think for the betterment of the game and all players these plane's should be more limited. Just like 262 or tempest but still somewhat accessible by all player's. One or two perkies should do or any of the k/d flowing perk systems. Slower planes promote fights.

I was disappointed to see the other thread was locked because I thought it was civil for an AH discussion.

Ps: I always thought that was a great YouTube channel

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 06:40:42 PM »
 How is paying 5 perks being penalized?

And that's IF you die.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2019, 06:49:42 PM »
How is paying 5 perks being penalized?

And that's IF you die.

" ..... perks and eny should be adjusted but so that if you have X number of kills you should have to pay more for them, lots more. "

This is what we're talking about.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2019, 06:56:58 PM »
" ..... perks and eny should be adjusted but so that if you have X number of kills you should have to pay more for them, lots more. "

This is what we're talking about.

I am pretty sure lots more in this context is about 5 or 10. And if you score that much it would be peanuts for you anyway.
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.