Author Topic: Late war Plane dillema  (Read 39124 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Late war Plane dillema
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2019, 07:01:44 PM »
I am pretty sure lots more in this context is about 5 or 10. And if you score that much it would be peanuts for you anyway.

It's about penalizing players that get kills over those that don't. That doesn't seem to be the HTC way.

Also, if it's 'peanuts' there is no point anyway.

This sounds like a 'straw grasping' argument to fix something that really isn't broken.  :) :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 07:10:36 PM by Arlo »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2019, 07:14:50 PM »
Having a training session or two is not going to help a newb get better , it takes hours upon hours of playing to get any better.

What Vracio is saying instructional. Took me days to take of and it was in a Stuka at that. Not sure how it is nowdays time with a trainer was super hard to schedule and get I had only one TA session before I quit

A training session is exactly what helps a newbie get better. You need to know what to practice.

Some people prefer reading, some prefer videos, but text and videos can't look at what you're doing and correct it.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2019, 07:25:14 PM »
Saying there is no problem would be a lie. Especially when you fly on the of hours which are slowly becoming more and more the default state of the game. Americans never acknowledge this in the past but more and more are starting to realize something has to be done. Even HiTech himself. Why else was the new radar introduced?
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2019, 07:35:25 PM »
Asking for a rules change to benefit your style of play has never passed the smell test here. Never will.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2019, 07:46:29 PM »
Well I am of the opinion the average player is not the one that complains about the usage of the boring plane's. It's the better skilled player that complains because they know the flow of the game more than anything and can point there finger to the problem. However the average player has the same frustrations but can't name the problem as well.

There is a group of players that make the game a dragg to play. It's not necessary that these player's are good, but the way they fly and certain planes will make them never do anything else that be midiocer and put the game in a state of hit and run. Whiles I do not want anyone to have to change there flying style I do think for the betterment of the game and all players these plane's should be more limited. Just like 262 or tempest but still somewhat accessible by all player's. One or two perkies should do or any of the k/d flowing perk systems. Slower planes promote fights.

I was disappointed to see the other thread was locked because I thought it was civil for an AH discussion.

Ps: I always thought that was a great YouTube channel

DutchVII

This is a lot like the complaints about HO shots or flying easy mode planes.  It's always for the "good of the game" but it always makes it harder for the new player and easier for the experienced player to get kills.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2019, 08:09:32 PM »
The main issue appears to be in agreeing if there is a problem or not.  Once that is defined then we can explore solutions.

I think there is a general shift to hit and run style flying.  Even with the same aircraft, say 51 v 51, the prevelance is to hit and run and to avoid marginal combat situations.  We see this in a mix of new and experienced players.  Late war planes feature heavily as they have top end speeds that suit the tactic.

For me it leads to boring game play.  For others it is how they stay alive and for them it is fun.

How do we make it fun for both sides of the argument?

I cancelled my sub on the weekend after chasing runners around for 90 minutes.  Just not fun for me.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2019, 08:37:30 PM »
Perk everything with an ENY less than 15. Wipe all accrued points so that everyone starts with zero. The price paid on a plane is permanent - no refund if landed successfully. They are spent as soon as you spawn.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2019, 08:43:50 PM »
We are just discussing options here, brainstorming as it were. No ones perks are in jeopardy or way of life as it were. Just a healthy discussion.

I personaly am happy with the way things are if We are being horded by two sides I switch to other side, if a person runs for more than 10 seconds I disengage. If nothing is working out I log off. That does not mean we should not at least have a discussion about what would potentially make the game better.

Id love to have back 3 diff arenas early mid and late but alas we dont have enough players.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2019, 08:57:27 PM »
Just because a player is "skilled", they shouldn't be penalized.

Why not?  Handicaps and seeds are customary in many sports.  Why not here?

I think it's a great idea.  I suspect most of the vets would agree with me.  But perhaps not.  If not, why not?

- oldman

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2019, 09:05:50 PM »
A perk plane rental fee would be appropriate even if returning the plane undamaged. I'm pretty sure at the current price the -4 can almost basically pay for itself.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2019, 09:48:27 PM »

Why not?  Handicaps and seeds are customary in many sports.  Why not here?

I think it's a great idea.  I suspect most of the vets would agree with me.  But perhaps not.  If not, why not?

- oldman

Because the MA isn't a sporting contest.  It's possible to compete in the MA, some do, but everyone isn't there for that.

The sporting contest would be a dueling ladder or KOTH.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2019, 10:26:16 PM »
I have long thought it would be nice to have a handicap system but sentiment is strongly against it and in the MA I can understand why, it isn't really a golf tournament but a sand box for over age children to play capture the flag and kill the carrier. Unfortunately right now there isn't a strong enough player base to have an arena with handicapping but if there were I think it would be a great thing. It is hard to learn or even enjoy the game if you are routinely slaughtered by good players flying good planes. Rare is the person who will put in the time to climb out to a fight for 10 minutes only to day over and over and not give up, this might be a feature not a bug but it is a problem for getting players to second base before they drop out. I don't think penalizing the good pilots is going to make them very happy so maybe you could consider making it easier for low time pilots. I think of airspawns for pilots who don't have any kills and die a lot, sort of reverse handicapping. I definitely am against any of the "crew experience modifier" BS that games like War Thunder use, I don't think the experience of flying and shooting should be any different between players ever. The perk thing I don't think is that big a deal, or rather monkeying with it doesn't seem like it would do much. If there is a problem it is that the game play can get shaped by everybody being in a Yak3 LA7 such that everybody begins flying to deal with Yak3 and LA7s. That is hard to do for us mediocre pilots and if we don't want to die it means we have to speed up and fly conservative with large margins of error which makes things less fun overall. I don't have a solution for that except something that makes the flight to death less tedious and time consuming.
Pies not kicks.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2019, 10:33:58 PM »
TO me there are two problems with this game that drive me nuts,

1) not enough players. I am soooooo happy I dont live in Europe as I would have left this game years ago. We need new blood.

2) the aces. We have a number of players that are VERY good at what they do. So much so that many have brought out the "C" word on many of them. With thousands of hours under their belts they have become very good at their preferred style of play. The "pickers" know all the tricks on how players try to avoid them, the turners know all the trick to out turn planes they "shouldn't" out turn.

The game is slowly dying away because new players get frustrated with the learning curve and with getting killed all the time. The "aces" dont help anything by going around in their uber planes picking or out turning everyone to rack up kills.

I have been here years and as an "average" so called "pilot", get frustrated by trying to dodge pickers while fighting 1,2, or more guys. Getting HOed be every Yak and spit16 in the game. Can you imagine what a newbi thinks through the same thing? Its any wonder anyone stays past the 2 week free period.

Im not going to bother to suggest a solution because I know how far that flys, but I hope something is done one way or another.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2019, 10:39:22 PM »
Typically what makes everything more fun is a wingman or squad. Then, if you don't like the map or whatever in the MA you have someone to fly with or against in another arena.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2019, 10:47:01 PM »
Here's why Johnny can't fly.  I blame Disney. This is completely wrong.   :old: