Author Topic: Late war Plane dillema  (Read 37965 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Late war Plane dillema
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2019, 10:49:50 PM »
Typically what makes everything more fun is a wingman or squad. Then, if you don't like the map or whatever in the MA you have someone to fly with or against in another arena.

True, but squads arent what they use to be. The "pigs" are what they are, and so are the "Jokers", but after them who do you really see as a squad that works together? The 56th are a great bunch of guys and I love flying with them in that fat lady, but we rarely have more than 2 guys flying any more. The AKs where a thorn in many a side, but I rarely see them up in force these days.

Squads arent what they use to be, and many a new player isn't welcomed like they use to be.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2019, 11:08:11 PM »
The state of a particular squad is irrelevant to the point.  Pembquist lamented the solo experience, a wingman fixes that.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2019, 11:46:36 PM »
I always thought putting an ENY score % in the ranks as a metric was a good idea. (Also taking out K/T for attack). This would slow players only being able to use 5 eny planes to achieve a high rank. This is a good idea because it doesn't "force someone to fly as you want them to" arguement. It doesn't keep people out of their precious. It means players who want to achieve a higher rank have to fly earlier and mid war planes. Is that something we could all agree on?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2019, 12:15:30 AM »

This is a lot like the complaints about HO shots or flying easy mode planes.  It's always for the "good of the game" but it always makes it harder for the new player and easier for the experienced player to get kills.

How is this making the game harder for new players? Actually limiting the plane set would make weaker planes more competitive. For an e fighter you need to understand the basics. For a turnie plane you can go at your opponent and have fun without understanding the plane. So I totally disagree with you. The game becomes easier for a new player because of this reason.

Putting my post away as a complaint that's on the same level as a ho shot or ez planes makes me think you don't understand the gravity of the issue and why it's a big problem.
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2019, 01:49:30 AM »
I will reiterate my post.  What is the problem?  What is the dilemma being created by late war planes?

I am hearing many solutions but until you properly define the problem your solutions are likely to miss the mark.  Here is my personal take on it.

Recently my gameplay has become mostly about evading high speed hit and run passes or chasing fast aircraft around the arena.  This gameplay allows me to practice my defensive moves however I rarely get the chance to hit back or get into more aggressive fights.  It is unbalanced, makes for a boring / frustrating game session and I have now reached the point where it is preferable to go play a different game.  I believe the high top end speeds of the later war planes makes the practice more widespread.

That is my problem statement.  Yours may vary.  There may be many ways to reduce / eliminate the problem however as I said previously, until we can agree on the problem we will never agree on a solution.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2019, 06:45:58 AM »
Perk everything with an ENY less than 15. Wipe all accrued points so that everyone starts with zero. The price paid on a plane is permanent - no refund if landed successfully. They are spent as soon as you spawn.

This, and perk the 51. To many flying around.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2019, 09:14:57 AM »
How is this making the game harder for new players?....

Who has perks to burn? It's not new players. The players doing BnZ don't need to use a perk plane but they can. If they could only get away in perk planes they'd likely use perks instead of changing their game play.

I'm just pointing out how the unintended consequences consistently favor the experienced players. The argument is always that the new players will benefit in the long run, if they stick around long enough, but the immediate consequence is more difficulty for new players.

...I believe the high top end speeds of the later war planes makes the practice more widespread.

It's not the speed of the late war aircraft so much as the differences in speed in the plane set and the fact that slower planes generally turn better. Few people want to stall fight a Ki-84 in a P-51.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2019, 09:20:41 AM »
I always thought putting an ENY score % in the ranks as a metric was a good idea. (Also taking out K/T for attack). This would slow players only being able to use 5 eny planes to achieve a high rank. This is a good idea because it doesn't "force someone to fly as you want them to" arguement. It doesn't keep people out of their precious. It means players who want to achieve a higher rank have to fly earlier and mid war planes. Is that something we could all agree on?

This would only affect people who care about rank. Is that the group of people ruining dogfighting?

We don't all need to agree with a good idea, you just have to convince Hitech it would improve the game.   :aok
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 10:08:00 AM by FLS »

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2019, 09:55:26 AM »
It seems to me that a playing style is trying to be changed via legislation (rules). This has worked in the history of never.

be careful what you wish for, every rule has both a positive and a negative outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2019, 11:32:50 AM »
See rule #2
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 01:22:43 PM by hitech »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2019, 11:37:34 AM »
See rule #2
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 01:23:26 PM by hitech »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2019, 11:47:56 AM »
K/T is a useful metric because people don't all have the same amount of time available to play. Removing it effectively penalizes people with jobs and families.

If you don't worry about fast kills you don't need to stay and fight, you can extend and come back later. Seems like that could promote BnZ in fast late war aircraft in attack mode.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2019, 11:51:51 AM »
Any plane flown by a veteran player well is dangerous.  Limiting these planes for everyone is not a good idea.  Running is not the problem, out thinking the the fellows that choose not to engage unless they think they have advantage is.  Catch them climbing out.  Catch them low and run them down.  Force them in the wrong direction and run them down.  There is a ton of options.  Limiting lower ENY planes for a vocal minorities entertainment instead of the planes actual impact and usage in the melee is not needed.  Lower the ENY but PERKS ARE NOT NEEDED ON ANY OF THESE PLANES.

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2019, 12:06:37 PM »
It's not the style that is being changed. Id love to see BnZers in P47d25s, 190A5s, 109G14s, Typhoons, Ta152s, Hurricanes, and P38s. The fact is, those planes don't Gallup away as well when you lose advantage, therefore, the speed of higher performance plane allows them to not have to care as much about flying smart. If I flew a 190D for a month and videod every sortie, would that help Hitech determine if the ENY should be lowered? That would provide all of the data he'd need.

But it is the style that you wish to change or these planes wouldn't be an issue. This game isn't a jousting match set up in front of the kings court, people are going to people regardless of the restrictions placed on aircraft.

I would recommend gathering video data to show the issue to Dale and see what he has to say about it. After all, video proof is way better than verbal proof and it will validate your position much better.

:salute
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2019, 12:31:36 PM »
K/T is a useful metric because people don't all have the same amount of time available to play. Removing it effectively penalizes people with jobs and families.

If you don't worry about fast kills you don't need to stay and fight, you can extend and come back later. Seems like that could promote BnZ in fast late war aircraft in attack mode.

In fighter mode, fine, your first point doesn't make sense though. In attack mode it makes little sense. Especially for the off hours. If I go Jabo a base with no one there, I am being penalized for not getting any kills in a quick amount of time when all I wanted to was attack a base. Why should kills/time even matter?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-