Author Topic: Bf 110 G-2/R4  (Read 2329 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Bf 110 G-2/R4
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 04:59:55 PM »
Nope, the bulk are me only. Occasionally I will turret the bigger stuff and another player will finish them off because the smoke gives them away. Panzers are easy, anywhere on top tends to work. T-34s needs to be the top of the turret which is a small target, if you smoke the turret then a 2nd shot finishes it off (include the /85). Panthers and Tigers are the same. The M4 is the hardest work due to it's small turret.

The roof armour on the turret of the tiger 1 is 25mm. The NS-37 is rated to 30mm at 500m.  Yes it is a tricky shot, but it can be done. But you are quite wrong to claim it does not have the killing power. I can absolutely assure you the Tiger kill was all by myself (no friendly tanks close to the tiger at the time).
How many shells?  I would usually fly a Hurricane IID in this instance where I know that 40MM AP will tear right through the top turrets.  I can nail a T-34/85 or an M4 or Panther, but the Mighty Tiger 1 requires multiple top hits with the 40MM AP to crack.  The Tiger 2 just laughs at me...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 11:10:23 PM »
I'm intrigued... the high angle dives required to penetrate the top armor usually ends up with me eating dirt.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2019, 04:28:25 AM »
How many shells?  I would usually fly a Hurricane IID in this instance where I know that 40MM AP will tear right through the top turrets.  I can nail a T-34/85 or an M4 or Panther, but the Mighty Tiger 1 requires multiple top hits with the 40MM AP to crack.  The Tiger 2 just laughs at me...

It takes 1 hit to turret, second hit to kill. The issue is getting them on target. I find the centerfire setup of the yak makes it easier. I've tried the Hurri and the Stuka options.

Pull it out takes a lot of practise, a lot of the time I will pull out blacked out (but survive). I find the VR helps with tracking targets and the stereoscopic 3D gives you good depth cues.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2019, 10:05:18 AM »
Vulcan, if you can kill with the yak you can easily use the stuka since ymir doesn't require such steep angles. T34s under tree cover or on the move must be really tough with a yak.

The real issue is surviving with an air threat!

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 06:25:13 PM »
Vulcan, if you can kill with the yak you can easily use the stuka since ymir doesn't require such steep angles. T34s under tree cover or on the move must be really tough with a yak.

The real issue is surviving with an air threat!

I don't waste shots on the side tbh, I prefer to be 100% on the top turret or top rear. I find the convergence is always as issue for me, so prefer the yak. And of course the yak can easily deal with air threats. I also like the visibility out the yak cockpit, especially when using VR.