Author Topic: Why bother?  (Read 26434 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Why bother?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 03:23:28 PM »
I was on last night, and to get a fight, I flew the mother of all Jugs. The IL2 with views set so I can fruball. Last two years if I up to check a GVDAR I end up having to furball more than kill tanks. Soooo,, like clockwork a Ki84 and a Dora show up for the easy kill. Everyone calls in buddies when they see a lone Il2 on the deck. What is the difference on the deck between an IL2 and a Jug, the IL2 actually turns better and has gigantic guns that easily reach out to 1000.

Both made the mistake of thinking the IL2 is not nimble or can hit at 800 on a lead shot like a Jug can at 400. I out turned both, snap shot the Ki84 at 800 where it thought it was safe to turn back. Lead shot the Dora at 600 when it thought it was way too fast and nimble for me to turn and lead it as it curved past and under my nose. Then all my green guys showed up for the commotion and killed the tank I originally was looking for. I still had 35 of 100 cannon rounds which is more than enough for anything less than Tigers. I had tracers off which probably made the two fighters think I couldn't touch them 600-800 which made them fly stupid.

Then I went into the center island and furballed for several hours in a spit9 with 50% and a slipper tank which makes it perform like Levi's old super spit5. Then my squad showed up and romped around the map the rest of the evening. We had a blast and blew away all those HOing weenies and runners.

I told you Fugi you are welcome to join pig channle 152 as our guest and romp along with us. Once we get 5-6 pigs on, we romp around having no end to fun. Last night at peak we had about 12.

Bustr I hope to take you up on the offer soon. Flying with a group of guys just looking for fun is sorely missed. <S>

Hey pickers and runners do it all day and we are forced to be stuck with it. if you like to turn fight the game gets boring real fast for you because its only runners now. are we supposed to stay and feed the pickers and runners fun even though they make no effort to mix it up once in awhile? 

bots in the match play are more aggressive than humans in the MA kinda sad.

Agreed, but while I hate being the fodder for the pickers and HOers, I imagine what a new players thinks about being the fodder. Im sure that is one of the things chasing away new players, as well as you and others that are just fed up with this poor game play.

Your story doesn't need any twisting to see you're easily disappointed. Very easily. 20-30 minutes and you rage quit over, basically, nothing.

Hows that post count coming? Do you have a number in mind or are you just looking to build it to unheard of heights?  :devil

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2019, 03:26:54 PM »
Hows that post count coming? Do you have a number in mind or are you just looking to build it to unheard of heights?  :devil

Oh dear. I post a lot. Take up Bustr on his offer and maybe you can either post less or post something worthwhile.  :D

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2019, 03:36:40 PM »
Remember that old Cindy Lauper song, girls just want to have fun? POTW just wants to break toys and kill their red guys. All that solo I am L33T in a fighter crap is just that. POTW hunts those guys when they get too irritating and towers them, then breaks the field we sent them back to. Then we up a hoard of 262 and wipe out their bomber missions to the strats. Used to on squad night but, lately the DickWeeds don't run them in Rookland anymore for some reason.... :huh  Right now Waystin used up his 262 perks so we are helping him find red guys to farm perks. He still has to do the deed and clobber them himself man to man, we just make sure they can't run in their late war super running rides. He doesn't always survive and land perks but, we avenge him like pigs and make fun of him.

Get the point, we have been a squad at almost full membership for 15 years and play this game so we as a squad have fun. Not as lone wolf L33Ts, which is why we find lots of red guys to kill and break lots of their toys. Playing lone wolf invariable means you have to wait for others to setup your fun unless you are suicidal and like fighting 12v1. One lone wolf will not create a country vs country fight over a field like POTW creates. They will more likely be disappointed with the game, and grouse on 200 about how horrible it and Hitech are. Then start posts in these forums to expand on their unhappiness of the MA not being friendly for lone wolves anymore. And won't specify he is unhappy becasue he alone can't have fun playing alone with his L33Tness amazing the masses. The MA is caged match brawl where everyone does anything they can to survive. POTW understood that 15 years ago and why we are happy in the MA.

We are not on 7 nights a week, more like 4-5 and 3 of them will be with up to 12 guys sometimes more. We do FSO so Friday nights are a big deal and Saturday nights along with Tuesday squad night. The other nights 2-4 guys, we all have real lives. We show up for the squad and the fun, not to show off to the MA we is L33T and everyone else is not worthy crapola. The cobra cry babies took over that from the moopets.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2019, 03:41:38 PM »
What I always wanted the JRs to do in the MA.  :cry

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2019, 04:52:34 PM »
Fugi take a few months off and do some cartoons in the meanwhile. I can give you a few ideas for subject material  :rofl

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2019, 05:26:43 PM »
Fugi take a few months off and do some cartoons in the meanwhile. I can give you a few ideas for subject material  :rofl

Send them on MAX. If they strike a nerve I can dig out the drawing pad.  :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2019, 05:37:41 PM »
Send them on MAX. If they strike a nerve I can dig out the drawing pad.  :D

An additional outlet will do ya good. Seems it did back when ya did.  :aok

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2019, 06:19:22 PM »
What I always wanted the JRs to do in the MA.  :cry

Use to get a decent turn out my first go around, but most the guys are here for FSO. I’m trying to make regular MA appearances.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2019, 06:23:38 PM »
Use to get a decent turn out my first go around, but most the guys are here for FSO. I’m trying to make regular MA appearances.

I'll see what I can do about rounding up another monitor and we'll wing up.  :)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2019, 02:14:37 AM »
After all these years, when I was trying to promote this game and what opportunities it presented, this core group saw it only as trying to brag. Funny watching y'all eat each other alive  :ahand Fugi has always been like this if it's not convenient he wants no part of it. If it doesn't fit his and his squad's agenda they want no part of it. If you don't fit their mold they don't want nothing to do with you. Look at yall now  :neener: hell I switched to console games because of y'all and you thought I was the devil. Yet here I'm gone and it only got worse. Was a day and age when Skuzzy was around and would rule #4 they hell out of a thread like this and lock it quick.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2019, 05:01:43 AM »
Nothing has changed, its always been that way?
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2019, 06:14:08 AM »
Nothing has changed, its always been that way?

Agreed.  "Pickers."  "Runners."  "HO-[insert ugly word]."  "Ack-runners."  "Vulchers."  "Gangers."  These are terms that go back 30 years, perhaps more.

I logged on last night, for perhaps half an hour.  There was a very intense fight going on in conjunction with an ultimately successful base takeover.  I observed all of the above types of play.  But I also had a couple of very fun fights - one against a 51, of all things - saw some people I hadn't seen in awhile, and had a most excellent time.

The game is what you make it.

- oldman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2019, 06:24:12 AM »
I logged in tonight, 20 people online, upped b24's hit the knights troop strats, nobody around. 20 something minutes of flying.  was gonna hit bishops strats, with b24's noticed a bomber and fighter heading to a port nearby.  bailed out upped a ponny, heavy, bombs and rockets.  moved in that direction, heard on range that bombers were being hit by a fighter, i dropped bombs and headed to help the bomber, he said forget it keep fighter away from port.  both bomber and fighter disappeared on dar and range dar. went back to port, took out some guns then noticed the guy behind me was actually a goon.  he dropped troops then i noticed an m8 having a clear shot at the troops, i dove straight down fighting.  m8 went down as i crashed on top of it.  10 seconds later we get message rooks win war.  didnt even know it. i felt like I actually won the war.  was like 30 minutes worth of logged in time. laughed for a while, was fun.  dont you hate it when that happens.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2019, 06:42:13 AM »
After all these years, when I was trying to promote this game and what opportunities it presented, this core group saw it only as trying to brag. Funny watching y'all eat each other alive  :ahand Fugi has always been like this if it's not convenient he wants no part of it. If it doesn't fit his and his squad's agenda they want no part of it. If you don't fit their mold they don't want nothing to do with you. Look at yall now  :neener: hell I switched to console games because of y'all and you thought I was the devil. Yet here I'm gone and it only got worse. Was a day and age when Skuzzy was around and would rule #4 they hell out of a thread like this and lock it quick.

Nobody beats The Wiz!  :old:

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2019, 09:24:30 AM »
Last I knew it takes two to HO.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes