Author Topic: Why bother?  (Read 26202 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Why bother?
« on: May 11, 2019, 10:38:49 PM »
SMisles map tonight, logged on to just over 110 players. Great, small map, numbers arent bad for this map, maybe get a few hours of fun in. "Furball Island" in the center is going strong, Rooks out numbered pretty bad, players complaining about pickers while buffs are doing "deathstar" type runs over the center of the island. A player porking at A9.... no other cons there. 30k buffs headed to the ammo depot, Tu2s at 15k running into town at A8, CV group 15 miles west of A8. Our CV 10 miles SE of A40, a couple sets of dive bombing B25s ends that fight.

I up to head to A40, defenders plentiful. Come across 2 P51s under 5k dive in with my 190-A8 from 7k, ponys run "Surprise!" Second friendly joins in, get an assist on the first pony, never going to catch the second. High 190 comes in, his 15k+ vs me and the friendly at 5K (friendly is a P47). !90 turns out to be a 152, who makes 3 weak passes losing "E" as we continue to grab and gain "E". 152 makes another pass at me, co-alt, I nose down 1500 out, 152 pushes over to continue to get the HO and takes my tail off.

This is a vet who has played the game for years and yet all he can do is go for the HO, pushing into a red out for any chance at a few hits.

Its a wonder anyone bother to play this game any more. I know it wasn't worth my time, I logged and watched a NASCAR race. A lot more fun  :rolleyes:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why bother?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 11:34:57 PM »
if he got your tail it isn't a hot. you made a mistake by diving too early.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 11:52:23 PM »
Cool story, Bro.  :old:

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 08:29:35 AM »
Bad attitudes tend to rub off on other people...and your attitude is the worst...maybe keeping your thoughts to yourself is best for the game....
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 10:51:03 AM »
Sounds like you dove early, giving the 152 an easy shot. It is frustrating avoiding HO's, I know, but whining here does not help very much. Call him out on 200 and move on.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 12:29:52 PM »
The only point I was trying to make here is a spent 20-30 minutes in the game, US prime time, and found just over 100 players and of the first three players I came in contact with the first two ran, and the third did nothing but try to HO.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 12:51:36 PM »
so the first two ran, but you still managed to get an assist. you had alt on them guess you chased them with the help of a friend.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 01:09:05 PM »
Fundamentally the game has many opportunities to be horrible, but so does life. What are you gonna do?
Pies not kicks.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 01:22:12 PM »
so the first two ran, but you still managed to get an assist. you had alt on them guess you chased them with the help of a friend.

semp

Twist it any way you want semp, 2 vs 2 they ran, then the 152 with 10k alt advantage did nothing by try to HO. A great representation of "stella" game play.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 01:46:55 PM »
Your story doesn't need any twisting to see you're easily disappointed. Very easily. 20-30 minutes and you rage quit over, basically, nothing.

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 02:01:18 PM »
wasting your time here fugi just find another game to play like most are doing the timid will have the arena to them self soon enough.
G3-MF

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2019, 02:06:58 PM »
wasting your time here fugi just find another game to play like most are doing the timid will have the arena to them self soon enough.

Nothing like bad advice to whizz out there, eh? Misery sure loves company.

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 02:22:39 PM »
Hey pickers and runners do it all day and we are forced to be stuck with it. if you like to turn fight the game gets boring real fast for you because its only runners now. are we supposed to stay and feed the pickers and runners fun even though they make no effort to mix it up once in awhile? 

bots in the match play are more aggressive than humans in the MA kinda sad.
G3-MF

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 02:23:22 PM »
I was on last night, and to get a fight, I flew the mother of all Jugs. The IL2 with views set so I can fruball. Last two years if I up to check a GVDAR I end up having to furball more than kill tanks. Soooo,, like clockwork a Ki84 and a Dora show up for the easy kill. Everyone calls in buddies when they see a lone Il2 on the deck. What is the difference on the deck between an IL2 and a Jug, the IL2 actually turns better and has gigantic guns that easily reach out to 1000.

Both made the mistake of thinking the IL2 is not nimble or can hit at 800 on a lead shot like a Jug can at 400. I out turned both, snap shot the Ki84 at 800 where it thought it was safe to turn back. Lead shot the Dora at 600 when it thought it was way too fast and nimble for me to turn and lead it as it curved past and under my nose. Then all my green guys showed up for the commotion and killed the tank I originally was looking for. I still had 35 of 100 cannon rounds which is more than enough for anything less than Tigers. I had tracers off which probably made the two fighters think I couldn't touch them 600-800 which made them fly stupid.

Then I went into the center island and furballed for several hours in a spit9 with 50% and a slipper tank which makes it perform like Levi's old super spit5. Then my squad showed up and romped around the map the rest of the evening. We had a blast and blew away all those HOing weenies and runners.

I told you Fugi you are welcome to join pig channle 152 as our guest and romp along with us. Once we get 5-6 pigs on, we romp around having no end to fun. Last night at peak we had about 12.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2019, 02:28:07 PM »
^ Much better story. Inspiring and there's a valuable lesson in it. Thanks, Bustr.  :salute :cheers: